Go Back   Servants of Fortuna Forums > Guild Wars 2 > GW2 Talk
Register Roster Forum Members Calendar Arcade Chat Mark Forums Read

Old February 10th, 2016, 00:54   #1
relt
truant

SoF Members

Fractals of the Mist

I'm not really sure how to phrase this as a question, but I never really got into fractals before and I'm not quite sure how to start now. The last time I was playing regularly I tagged along with some guild groups enough to get to level 7. I'd like to get back into it some, at least to the point that I can say, "sure, let's do some fractals today." There seem to be good guides out there, but even then, there's a LOT of info, and I don't quite know where to start. Anybody have some pointers?

GW: Relt Dragcar R/ GW2: relt.6189
relt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2016, 01:58   #2
WetWookie
Needs a towel...

SoF Councillors

There is indeed a LOT to know. That being said it's probably much much easier to get to know each fractal now that you can always know exactly which one you're doing and only have to do one at time. This lets you read up on just that fractal on the wiki before you go into it.

WetWookie.1687
WetWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2016, 03:27   #3
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

There are 4 levels of fractals, 1-20, 21-50, 51-75 and 76-100. The base mechanic is the same when you go into a particular fractal, no matter what level it is. So if for instance, you get the swamp fractal, you need to run the wisps and then defeat either bloomhunger or the Mossman. The fights don't really change except for the fact that the boss hits harder (and has agony) and the ability to "tank" a particular part is lessened as you go up in levels. I recommend that you start with the easy 1-20 fractals. A good way to do this is look at the daily fractal (not under dailies but under fractals in the H menu) and find the lowest level one for the daily. Use the lfg and/or ask in guild chat to do that one. This will help you learn the fractal and learn some of the "spots" to stack, etc. Just watch what others do and you'll learn.

For Agony, which is introduced after/on level 10 there is a quick tutorial in the fractal lobby and there is a spot that will allow you to stand on it and take agony damage to see if you would survive. The agony damage is based on two things, your level of agony resistance and the level of the fractal.

I'm not very high in fractals, only level 38 but I can show you the basics, feel free to look me up if I'm not in wvw.

GW2: Bunter.3795
If life gives you melons, you're probably dyslexic.
"More Stuff, Stuff. More Stuff, Stuffy, Stuff!" - the wise skritt.
Bunter is offline   Reply With Quote