Go Back   Servants of Fortuna Forums > Public > Chat
Register Roster Forum Members Calendar Arcade Chat Mark Forums Read

Old April 10th, 2012, 12:41   #1441
bsoltan
/flex

SoF Councillors

Really tempted to stick $15 down on that. I liked Fallout 2.
bsoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 15:11   #1442
Empedocles
On High Carb Atkins

SoF Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsoltan View Post
Really tempted to stick $15 down on that. I liked Fallout 2.
I pledged $65, gotta get that physical box! The team working on aforementioned title is sort of partial Black Isle/Interplay reunion.

Now, they only need to bring forth Planescape Torment II...
Empedocles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 16:10   #1443
Sol
Fierce Echovald

SoF Members

Send a message via AIM to Sol
Totally kicking money into this. Hell, I have a fallout 1 themed MAME cabinet in the basement. >.>

GW2: Dark Sol.6497
SoF: Sol Silverglade [E/Me]

Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 16:20   #1444
bsoltan
/flex

SoF Councillors

Nice! Maybe they'll do that after.

I'm starting to wonder how many sales these companies are going to make after the development is finished. All well and good having $2m donated but if your only customers are coming via fans contributing to a Kickstarter then they could still fail on sales.

Will be interesting to see how it goes.
bsoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 10:14   #1445
Jinx
Mesmers :]

SoF Members

Bastion is such a mind-blowingly brilliant game. The story is surprisingly deep and the characters are charming despite the fact no one besides the narrator speaks. Gameplay is similar to a hack'n'slash platformer. The narrator will report on whatever you do (if you fall, pick up a weapon, clear an area unscathed, etc...). Visuals are fully hand-painted in 1080p (I love animated visuals, as opposed to 3d engines). THE MUSIC....I sorely regret not buying the soundtrack when it was on sale. Maybe only once before have I considered buying a soundtrack for a game... Difficulty ranges from ridiculously easy to masochistically hard (at some point in the story, you activate idols that give enemies abilities such as "chance to deflect missiles" or "seek vengeance after death" (i.e. drop a grenade after they die).

Forgot to mention that you have a "home base" that you upgrade after every mission or so. There are also challenges (1 per weapon, which I think there are 10 of). These rewards secret abilities and upgrades for your weapons.

And that ending...

Last edited by Jinx; May 12th, 2012 at 10:19.
Jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 12:58   #1446
Atra Culpa
Aggro Happy

SoF Members

I only recently got my hands on Warlock: Master of the Arcane and I've already lost ours in that game. Turnbased strategy on Hex fields a la Civ V is surprisingly engrossing! I definitely recommend trying the demo at least.

BIG AGGRO, BIG PRIZES!
Atra Culpa.5012

Atra Pardalis Theurgical Atra
Atra Culpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 15:39   #1447
joeknowmo
Fierce Echovald

Retired SoF Members

The Kickstarter for Grim Dawn ends on Friday. They've already passed their funding mark and have added stretch goals for funding beyond their initial goal.

These are the guys who made Titan Quest and have already put in 2.5 years of hard work on the project without any funding or pay. They're very open about the game development and solicit feedback from fans on significant design elements.

If you prefer simple games with hand-holding, linearity, day one DLC, and no mod support, then Grim Dawn isn't for you.

Here's a pre-alpha combat video: .

KickStarter Link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ment/grim-dawn

I'm at the $32 level currently but I'll probably move up to the $48 level since I'll be getting the first expansion anyway.

Venus Lightbringer Mo/ | Illusion of Brain Me/ | Rie Annie Maiter N/ | Xian Li Yi Rit/ | Para Sore Tonsils P/ | Millie Mo E/ | God Of Skullcrackin W/ | Sheera Arrowroot R/
joeknowmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 17:16   #1448
Oracle
Grand Master

SoF Founders

Eve Online

I haven't played Eve online but this IGN write-up about the sheer depth and immersion of the game made for an interesting read.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/05/2...rious-business

GW2: Oracle.2134

'A' is for ASURA <3
Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 08:51   #1449
Scarto
Adept Tyrian

SoF Members

Eve online is a great game with unbelievable depth. I played the trial for about a month and soon realized that it is a game where you 'll always have to be active.

The learning curve is very steep at the start but once you get the hang of it, it is great. You have pvp and non-pvp zones. The higher level and biggest questing and mining areas are pvp zones so you can never just do a mission and think that you can relax while killing a few npcs. You always have to be on the lookout for "pirates" or do bigger guild runs to be safe.

You can only survive if you join a guild and are active. Since I wanted to refrain from investing so much into another online game I stopped.

Scarto.3260
Scarto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 19:57   #1450
catchamonkey
Trainee Ascalon

Forum Members

I played eve online for a few months, was a huge life drain but immensely enjoyable.
It was also anti grind in that skills were time based, even when you were offline, as long as you had started one going.

But like Scarto, I had to stop for fear of never doing anything else...
catchamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2012, 23:56   #1451
darkMishkin
Promiscuous Otter

SoF Emeritus

Anyone heard of DayZ?

It's a zombie-flavoured mod for ArmaII but sounds very interesting:
kotaku.com/5908753/this-might-be-the-greatest-zombie-game-ever-made
Old May 31st, 2012, 01:43   #1452
Marcus Ferret
Incorrigible Raisu

SoF Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkMishkin View Post
Anyone heard of DayZ?

It's a zombie-flavoured mod for ArmaII but sounds very interesting:
kotaku.com/5908753/this-might-be-the-greatest-zombie-game-ever-made
Here's a link to a recently published starting commentary by Geno from Kingsfall:

I'mt not much into FPS as such games tend to turn me into a zombie after an hour of gameplay; i.e. looking very pale and sickly...

I hear there's a third-person view option for some of the servers but don't really have time for too many games these days so I'll give it a miss.

There's a link to Kingfall's site if you hope to find some folks to team up and play with. They're a group of players who've been playing together since Tribes and will be hitting GW2 as well [EU]. Been with a few of them in WAR and Aion. Good folks...

Marcus Ferret [R] l Jade Felicity Rose [W] l Divine Azure Rose [M] l Xavier Light [Rit] l Crystal Autumn Rose [W] PvP l Spicy Asia [D] PvP l

'War tends to separate the weak from the strong... Peace separates us from reality... In life, we shall encounter our personal battles... In death, we discover peace...' ~ J. Marcus (1972-20??)
Marcus Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2012, 23:10   #1453
Gruff
Devotee Jade Sea

SoT Members

That video for DayZ was brilliant, have spent some enjoyable hours this afternoon watching other commentaries from it. Currently downloading the Arma2 Free version http://www.arma2.com/free to see how my pc runs the base engine and how the core game feels.

Very much like the Kingsfall guys ethos also cheers Marcus

Muppet Warfare [MvM]
Gruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2012, 12:09   #1454
Empedocles
On High Carb Atkins

SoF Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
Bastion is such a mind-blowingly brilliant game. The story is surprisingly deep and the characters are charming despite the fact no one besides the narrator speaks. Gameplay is similar to a hack'n'slash platformer. The narrator will report on whatever you do (if you fall, pick up a weapon, clear an area unscathed, etc...). Visuals are fully hand-painted in 1080p (I love animated visuals, as opposed to 3d engines). THE MUSIC....I sorely regret not buying the soundtrack when it was on sale. Maybe only once before have I considered buying a soundtrack for a game... Difficulty ranges from ridiculously easy to masochistically hard (at some point in the story, you activate idols that give enemies abilities such as "chance to deflect missiles" or "seek vengeance after death" (i.e. drop a grenade after they die).

BTW, bastion is included in the newest Humble Indie Bundle, if you pay more than the average contribution (7.80$) at the time of writing. Bundle includes soundtrack for each of the games as well.

http://www.humblebundle.com/
Empedocles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2012, 13:15   #1455
Jinx
Mesmers :]

SoF Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empedocles View Post
BTW, bastion is included in the newest Humble Indie Bundle, if you pay more than the average contribution (7.80$) at the time of writing. Bundle includes soundtrack for each of the games as well.

http://www.humblebundle.com/
I picked up this bundle (even though I already had Bastion), Psychonauts and Amnesia: YES PLEASE

It's a really high quality bundle, I would recommend it to anyone.