Go Back   Servants of Fortuna Forums > Public > Chat
Register Roster Forum Members Calendar Arcade Chat Mark Forums Read

Old June 20th, 2009, 23:46   #841
Nuxie
recidivist rogue

Retired Victrix Members

Unfortunately, the character creation is such that it's possible to make your toon about 1.5" high. Anyone not doing so is at risk of disadvantage in PvP, which means you pretty much have to roll a midget supermodel to be competitive. I hope they fix that.

Scream In Braille, P | Ryanne Lynnrose, R | Perpetual Deja Vu, E | I Bent My Wookie (PvP) | Perpetual Caffeine (PvP)
Nuxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2009, 00:22   #842
Marcus Ferret
Incorrigible Raisu

SoF Members

They're kinda cute though...

Will probably be a problem for folks who click to target. However, it's not going to be easy mouse-targetting opponents anyway if it's mass RvR with 50-100+ a side unless one has very good FPS and a gaming mouse. I'm more of a tab-targetter so it'll definitely be good practice for me.

I believe the collision box remains the same size for all characters regardless of their height but it's definitely a good idea to create midget clerics in this game.

I'm sticking with my usual. Max or near max height warriors and slightly below average height cleric.

Marcus Ferret [R] l Jade Felicity Rose [W] l Divine Azure Rose [M] l Xavier Light [Rit] l Crystal Autumn Rose [W] PvP l Spicy Asia [D] PvP l

'War tends to separate the weak from the strong... Peace separates us from reality... In life, we shall encounter our personal battles... In death, we discover peace...' ~ J. Marcus (1972-20??)
Marcus Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2009, 05:42   #843
Nuxie
recidivist rogue

Retired Victrix Members

Click targeting the midgets is definitely a challenge. I've been practicing when running around questing. While the hitbox is the same regardless of size, you better believe my toons will be midgets. Tab-targeting helps a bit, but by the time someone's sorted through three or more targets to find me, I plan to have taken a chunk of their HP away. Tabbing does no good against someone sticking a dagger in your back, BTW.

Scream In Braille, P | Ryanne Lynnrose, R | Perpetual Deja Vu, E | I Bent My Wookie (PvP) | Perpetual Caffeine (PvP)
Old June 21st, 2009, 15:22   #844
Osiris
Dormant

SoF Members

Send a message via AIM to Osiris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnrose View Post
Click targeting the midgets is definitely a challenge. I've been practicing when running around questing. While the hitbox is the same regardless of size, you better believe my toons will be midgets. Tab-targeting helps a bit, but by the time someone's sorted through three or more targets to find me, I plan to have taken a chunk of their HP away. Tabbing does no good against someone sticking a dagger in your back, BTW.
for some reason Chucky comes to mind....

Old June 22nd, 2009, 18:19   #845
Nuxie
recidivist rogue

Retired Victrix Members

Soooooo . . . Aion comments, anyone?

Old June 24th, 2009, 16:54   #846
Navis
Human Being

SoF Emeritus

RE: Blood Bowl

The game will be released just over 1 day from now (you can buy and download the game from the website).
Are people around here going to buy it right away?
Or will it be "wait and see", buying only when it's confirmed the game is good?
I'm unsure of what to do myself...

GW1: [Mo] Navis Atsukau | [A] Navis Swift | [Rt] Navis Seishin | [W] Sivan Star|[R] Anakha Akbar | [E] Guilwin Gray | [N] Moneva Myganne | [Me] Minala Mekhar | [P] Ilana Sloda | [D] Yaros Sloda
GW2: [W] Navis Swift | [En] Sivan Sokka | [G] Sivan Star | [Me] Navis Ciaran | Navis.1486
Navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2009, 21:04   #847
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

I will probably wait and see to purchase Blood Bowl. It also depends on its requirements as my computer is somewhat old and I can't afford a new one at the moment.

GW2: Bunter.3795
If life gives you melons, you're probably dyslexic.
"More Stuff, Stuff. More Stuff, Stuffy, Stuff!" - the wise skritt.
Bunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2009, 10:23   #848
Empedocles
On High Carb Atkins

SoF Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navis View Post
The game will be released just over 1 day from now (you can buy and download the game from the website).
Are people around here going to buy it right away?
Or will it be "wait and see", buying only when it's confirmed the game is good?
I'm unsure of what to do myself...
I thinkI posted about BB online game two months ago or so. I believe the game itself is going to be awesomely alright, especially since it's loyal to original rules (living rulebook vol. 5 I believe).

However, the rumours I have read about the particular DRM system Cyanide, the game developer, are going to utilize, doesn't sound encouraging so far. For instance, if you buy a digital copy, you have 21 days time to download the content, after which your downloading rights expire. I am pretty sure I am waiting for the physical boxed copy to be released.
Empedocles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2009, 01:25   #849
darkMishkin
Promiscuous Otter

SoF Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beqxter View Post
Played Settler of Catan the other night. Fun board game, particularly for anyone with Civ/RTS leanings. Really well-designed.
Played this over Xbox Live tonight (its just called Catan on that), with some friends who are really into board games.

They've introduced me to some really cool ones over the years; Really Nasty Horse Racing, Betrayal at House on the Hill, Battlestar Galactica (which I played before ever watching the show), and lots of different Zombie games.

Ticket to Ride is also on XBL, may look at that, haven't played the real version before but have heard its good.
Old June 30th, 2009, 04:03   #850
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

Ticket to Ride is a good game. It's the same as Settler's but based on a train theme. There are minor changes to the game play but if you know how to play Settler's you'll pick up Ticket to Ride in no time.

GW2: Bunter.3795
If life gives you melons, you're probably dyslexic.
"More Stuff, Stuff. More Stuff, Stuffy, Stuff!" - the wise skritt.
Bunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2009, 16:05   #851
Rush
Father of Two

SoF Members

Send a message via AIM to Rush Send a message via Yahoo to Rush
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunter View Post
Ticket to Ride is a good game. It's the same as Settler's but based on a train theme. There are minor changes to the game play but if you know how to play Settler's you'll pick up Ticket to Ride in no time.
When I first played Ticket to Ride I somehow found Ticket to Ride immensely easier to play and understand than Settlers. Great game with enough people battling for their areas! Highly recommended.

@Lynn - No comments from me yet. Sorry. I just got back from training (graduated yesterday) and am currently readjusting to gaming life again as well as everything else I've missed out on this past year. I will try to get it dl'd and give you my two cents later... EDIT: Ooops, I didn't realize that the beta was this past weekend. Is it still going on for the 4th of July weekend too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test View Post
Ask him for a disertation on the air speed velocity of a swallow carrying a coconut. That will stump him.
Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2009, 05:32   #852
Zalis
Squire Kaineng

SoT Members

I fired up Dead Space for the first time since last Fall. It has its cheap scares, but does a pretty convincing job of delivering that "spooky/evil spaceship" feel. Definitely better than Doom 3, IMO, but that's not saying much.

A sword might be grateful to the forge fire, but never fond of it.
Currently most played: Zalis Baenre-(W+Main) | Brother Baenre | PvP-Onlies: Doubleyew Eckswhyze | Zalis Seia Doon
Zalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2009, 04:24   #853
Red Locust
i swear my mic was workin

Retired Victrix Members

what's wrong with Doom 3? Put on some headphones and play Doom3 at night, and it's definitely a unique experience. Brings back old memories from the old games, too.

Lethal Locust |Jade Locust | Little Locust | Darth Locust
Red Locust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2009, 05:55   #854
Racthoh
Advanced Shiverpeaks

Forum Members

Send a message via MSN to Racthoh
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/fo...-turtles/52743

I must play this. I loved that game on the SNES.
Old July 16th, 2009, 20:00   #855
bsoltan
/flex

SoF Councillors

Been playing plenty of Football Manager 2009, as well as a bit of Guitar Hero 3. Trying to get 5star on every song on Medium...

Last edited by bsoltan; July 17th, 2009 at 15:19.
bsoltan is offline   Reply With Quote