Go Back   Servants of Fortuna Forums > Victrix > GvG Reports
Register Roster Forum Members Calendar Arcade Chat Mark Forums Read

Old September 23rd, 2007, 12:43   #1
Greedy Gus
Devotee Jade Sea

Victrix Officers

Victrix Match Report - 22 September

Running our standard balanced split build, with Average Jo, Sentience, Kaitrin, and Arma guesting in. Also, everyone help us welcome our newest addition Arma to the alliance

---

Clan WASD [WASD] +2 (warriors)

Got WASD again on warrior isle. I believe they were running the same heavy offense build with HEV + MoR mesmers. Again they still didn't send enough back to defend the split, and slowly lost NPCs until deciding to fall back extra hard and push us out. I'm pretty sure they attempted to repair our siege straight away right through our team with a mes, and we killed him & took the repair kit back into base (while tzuul looped around and repaired theirs the standard way).

Again, the match consisted primarily of our split killing NPCs & split chars, while our main team alternates between falling back & pushing strong with extra NPC support, with a few collapses to rout them & catch people out of position. Don't believe this one went near VoD.

F R A [Euro] -3 (uncharted)

These guys were running a dedicated 3-man split of a dagger combo sin, deadly paradox sin, and a ZB monk. Their flagstand derv was running flags, and they also had a mes & para. Initially our splits met 3v3, and we dominated them getting a few kills. We pushed in their back door, got a few NPCs, and then beat their split again when they ressed. However, the next time they ressed they managed to get a kill on Tzuul & then wipe our split & thief. The next few even minutes they managed to kill our thief or keep our split out front.

Finally we got the split going again around 14 mins, and beat back their sins again, grabbing the bodyguard finally & the knights. However, at VoD, we still managed to lose the flagstand battle, even with a large NPC advantage. It seems like our main team didn't accomplish anything this match, and we failed to capitalize on any advantages we may have gained with our split. Also our split took too long due to thief problems, and made a few mistakes (which means dying when you're facing gimmicky all-or-nothing assassins).

Chaos Throne [CT] +2 (nomads)

Caught these guys again, playing their blockway (I think) on nomads isle. Again we dominated their base with our split, slowly pushing in and systematically taking out every NPC. I think they finally tried to collapse on us after we took out their knights. I don't remember much more, but we beat them the same way of moving around until we catch them out of position & changing up our split to push offense where they're weak.

Idiot Savant [iQ] -3 (burning)

A call smurf, running a very offensive dervish + splinter aoe build on the tiny burning isle. We split right past their team, but they essentially ignored it while totally wtfpwning our main team with the dervs. Eventually we had almost all our offense split into their base, but they dropped a monk back to slow our progress down, and ended up beating our defense beforce we could crack theirs.

Black Skull Syndicate [?] +2 (?)

I can't recall anything about this matchup, so maybe someone else can provide the details.

Im Using Drunken Blow on Mhenlo [ghey] -15 (jade)

Round 1 of the AT, we got matched against a CR smurf with 2 DF guests. These guys were running blockway I believe. We had some issues running our build on Jade isle (first time), with our split not able to get very far into their base against a cripshot & weapon rit defending, and our main team getting crushed between the teleporters because they wanted to not let the split get destroyed by a collapse. Also our off-monk defense consists of a water ele, which we couldn't really optimze in the small fighting area.

Essentially Jade is still a really bad map for splitting & is very confined, but we'll work on improving our opening move as to not put us immediately at a bad disadvantage.

Leftovers For Life [left] -3 (uncharted)

Necro + Ranger heroway on uncharted, yay. They crash the lord room by the back way, so we swapped position & pushed our split in through their front gate, while facing them with our main team in our lord room (they let us cap & get perma boost). They are able to send a monk back to defend their lord, which was enough to stall our split for 4-5 minutes which turned out to be enough to crack & crush our main team. Tzuul ended up dying to a knight + archers when tae & I pushed on their split monk & bodyguard, which led to a full wipe on the split (and them managing a cap). I think we didn't last to the 6 minute mark.

Basically we need to not continue sitting in one area while losing, and 'try shit' when losing or when not making progress (best strategy is sending almost all offense into their base because they suck at splitting).

Cheney Duck Hunt [?] +9 (imperial)

Round 2 of the AT. These guys run a strange build, with I think a W/N flagger with animate minions. Basically we dominated them with our imperial isle strats, pushing into their base to grab a few NPCs, then falling out on their monks when they send people back, while not letting them flag. Don't remember details but we wiped their base & beat them at the stand to push in & finish it.

Planet Unicorn [Heyy] +3 (frozen)

These guys continue to mar the GvG scene, changing between gimmick guilds & bought guilds trying to farm rating & pts while failing at it. Today they were blood spiking, and we ran them around on frozen isle for maybe 10 mins, wiping their base, killing anyone who left their other necro buds, and finally just killing their lord, without ever really facing their spike.

Runnin Droks Pay At Snake Dance [TwoK] +11 (nomads)

Round 3 of the AT, some lowbie guild running SB/RI on nomads isle with tons of spirit spam necros & rangers. We split them hard and killed most all their base. They couldn't really split well, so they had to fall all back to push our split out. Basically we had to move in & out and keep facing them wherever they didn't have a full spirit nest. Eventually they just turtled for awhile.

Then they decided to block their front door with spirits, and push out full through the teleporters against our split. We just looped the split around into their front gate, killed the spirits with our main offense, retreated Neo & Arma to defend our NPCs, and killed a guard, necro, and lord before they made it back to base.

Kiss My [Axe] +10 (druids)

Surprised to see europeans still up this late (early?) for round 4 of the AT. Being druids, we were able to split in multiple directions, while powerplaying enemies when we catch them in the wrong spot. We cleared all but 1 or 2 archers the bodyguard before VoD, and had a fairly significant amount of DP on their team. They turtled for the last 4-5 minutes.

At VoD Tae and I threatened a gank on their vinebridge, to which they left a ranger & warrior back (their rit flagger went with the main team to apply splinter weapons). Having no healing, tae was able to just keep shooting burning arrows at their lord, forcing them to drop a backline monk back to heal it. At that point I was able to fall out of their base and join our main team as we wiped their solo monk, last NPCs, and a few more people. They base ressed, and walked their lord out to the stand. We spiked out their wars who had splinter weapon, let the lord sprint in, and pressured their monks back while he died to our archer ranger spike.

Xxx The Final Thrust Xxx [RIP] +0 (frozen)

Finished the night with a scrim against RIP on frozen. They were running a fairly balanced build, with a cruel spear para, dom mes, and bsurge natural stride ele. They actually beat back our flagstand split at the beginning, using their water ele, air ele, and mels derv. We adjusted the split slightly after taking a death, but ended up beating them back fairly easily once their avatar went down.

From here we continued to fight main teams at the snow below the gatehouse, while assaulting their base from two sides (through gatehouse and from flagstand), to which they didn't have a good answer to (they alternated between fighting off one side while losing NPCs to the other). They ended up getting a monk kill around 5 mins and wiping our main team on the ice, but were really unable to make progress on our NPCs due to a quick base res.

Our split continued to take out NPCs and stall flaggers, though they finally made a play around 8:00 & collapsed hard on our split. They dropped a few of our skirmishers, and then pushed strong against our main team all the way back to base. However we still managed to get splitters out and back into their base. They made another strong play around 13 mins, letting our main team into the gatehouse, then pushing them hard dropping both of our monks and pushing back into our base.

From here on however, they couldn't get another flag cap, and we killed the next two guys who tried to cap. Our split was finally able to set up next to their lord room and finish the knights, while our main team pushed on their back while they retreated into the gatehouse to attempt to help their base skirmishers. Around 16:30 we started generating kills in the gatehouse as their monks were bouncing between helping skirmishers and staying with the main team. Then we collapsed and wiped their main monks, and pushed in with 40 seconds until VoD to kill their air ele, bodyguard, and lord to finish the match. It didn't help that their flagger decided to push a flag out at 17, while we just pushed in with all 8 players.

Rewatching this match, it looks like they were much more dominant than it felt (they boosted due to their initial kill, and didn't take a death until after 13 mins). I guess it came down to them making strong plays to force deaths, while we were continuing our long-term play of winning the match. Seemed like we dictated the match, clearing their base in prep for a monk wipe after the even minute, and not sweating taking deaths to accomplish it.

------

Overall a solid night, finishing 4th in the AT (all of the top 4 shared our record of 4-1) and grabbing 5 qualifier points (need 20 to compete in the monthly). We're still losing to teams we shouldn't due to sloppy play or unrefined tactics, though it's good that we seem to always beat teams that we've faced before ('fool me once' & all that).

Greedy Gus | Nasty Needle | Pro Politico | Sudden Setback | Fixed Formula | Gus Frenzies
Old September 23rd, 2007, 17:28   #2
Neo
Uberness Reborn

Victrix Officers

This was a looooong night and I was zombie-monking again by the end :/

Facet.5914 || Archon | Scion | Aspect | Aura | Facet of Uberness
Old September 23rd, 2007, 19:35   #3
Sir Bruce
Adept Tyrian

Forum Members

Gus you forgot to mention my 5 straight hits through Blurred including 3 KDs on their flagger.

"We didnt lose the game, we just ran out of time." ~ Vince Lombardi

Sir Bruce of Oxford | Carrie The Devine | Sir Marvin The Wise | Mistress Lone Raven | Madame Lone Raven
Old September 23rd, 2007, 19:38   #4
Tap
Devotee Jade Sea

Retired Victrix Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
This was a looooong night and I was zombie-monking again by the end :/
Lrn2Caffiene!
Old September 23rd, 2007, 19:39   #5
Sir Bruce
Adept Tyrian

Forum Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tap View Post
Lrn2Caffiene!
I was on too much caffeine, I think everyone was probably sick of my hyper active rants by the end of the night, lol.

"We didnt lose the game, we just ran out of time." ~ Vince Lombardi

Sir Bruce of Oxford | Carrie The Devine | Sir Marvin The Wise | Mistress Lone Raven | Madame Lone Raven
Old September 23rd, 2007, 20:59   #6
Lucky
A winner is YOU

Victrix Members

Send a message via AIM to Lucky
Or your strange obsession on needlesly running the flag at points

But way to pull it together guys, we started off slow and sloppy, and tightened up with some well earned. well played victories.

Showed alot of tenacity that night, glad we pulled through some tough matches on top.

-lucky

W- Jadumba Narantunga -E- Venomous Anyi -N- Root Of All Evils
GW2- Lucky.7125
Old September 23rd, 2007, 22:04   #7
Neo
Uberness Reborn

Victrix Officers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky g View Post
Or your strange obsession on needlesly running the flag at points

But way to pull it together guys, we started off slow and sloppy, and tightened up with some well earned. well played victories.

Showed alot of tenacity that night, glad we pulled through some tough matches on top.

-lucky

Ye. Started 3-4. Ended 8-4. Says alot.

Facet.5914 || Archon | Scion | Aspect | Aura | Facet of Uberness
Old September 24th, 2007, 20:38   #8
Marillion Bloodbane
Adept Tyrian

Tor Ambassadors

Woah..active night to say the least. Thanks for the extensive writeup Gus and congrats to you guys on a successful evening/morning.

The Torrencians [Tor]
IGN: Marillion Bloodbane
Old September 25th, 2007, 15:13   #9
Ajil Ixal
Advanced Shiverpeaks

SoF Members

Good job one and all - thanks for the write up

DoG Ambassador & Officer
GW1: Ajil Ixal GW2: Ajil Ixal.7231
(Main Characters)