Go Back   Servants of Fortuna Forums > Victrix > GvG Reports
Register Roster Forum Members Calendar Arcade Chat Mark Forums Read

Old September 21st, 2007, 09:33   #1
Greedy Gus
Devotee Jade Sea

Victrix Officers

Victrix Match Report Sept 20

Merchants of Justice [MoJ] +4 (frozen)

Last time we played these guys we got pretty dominated in a near mirror match, so we were looking forward to doing better. Unfortunately, their flagger left the game before the gates even opened. So they didn't even really bother sending anyone to address our split capping the flag and going into their base. Our main team was able to start getting a bit of pressure going at the gatehouse, though they finally dropped back a handful of people to collapse on our split killing their lord room NPCs. After another minute or so of running around, they just decided to resign out. The flagger was one of the worst characters for them to lose against splitting on frozen.

Cheney Duck Hunt [?] +2 (warriors)

Running an offensive 3 warrior build. We opened with a split, and realized they had an AFK warrior next to the guild lord. Our split took out their knights and some archers, and then moved in to take out the guard and the pressured E/Mo defender. Unfortunately their warrior became active at the worst time, and hammered our low HP skirmishers. Meanwhile our flagstand team got pushed back, so we just regrouped in base for the rez. We pushed out strongly killing them all the way into their base. At that point apparently they had a monk disconnect, and we didn't have an issue finishing them & the lord.

Accident Prone [AP] -2 (frozen)

These guys were running some retarded teleway with teleporting assassins & dervish, plus an ele or two and a smoke trapper. Initially we fared ok with our standard opening, killing them 3v3 at the flagstand and holding off the rest at our base. Then it began to fall apart from here, moving around and getting taken out. We were quite rusty facing this type of team, so we had a lot of different opinions on how to face it, leading to a lot of inaction or dying. Went to vod where we died while trying to push an offensive threat to their lord while defending ours. Hopefully these players will choke on something in the near future and not waste our time in more matches, but I guess we'll settle for learning from the loss.

Doms Soldiers [Dom] -2 (frozen)

This was a strange game. Some pT smurf apparently. A few players on our main team ignored the monk calls to not engage 5v8, and ended up getting a majority of the team stuck fighting/casting on the ice right next to our base, and routing after the 2 minute mark. Our split to the flagstand capped, killed their e/mo flagger who came to cap over, and then moved into their base to begin killing NPCs, but ended up just standing still watching our guild lord die around 3:30. Needless to say we cleared up what needs to happen correctly in the future.

Onslaught of Xen [XoO] +2 (imperial)

Playing a heavy condition build, with a trapper, cripshot, tainted (I think). We split in a few directions at the start, and ended up harassing their flagger, killing a few archers, both knights, and the bodyguard before about 6 minutes. The rest of this match involved splitting to keep them from pushing too hard with the degen, finishing off every single archer in the base, and getting some DP on them while boosting.

At one point we stayed too long pushed into their base, and ended up almost completely routing while trying to fall out. They pushed us all the way into our base and began taking out NPCs, though our split looped around to face their lord & defending E/Mo. We killed the sor ele, and went for the lord. When he was maybe one or two hits away from being killed, their ranger had fallen back to base and got a clutch res off on the E/Mo, who saved the lord. Meanwhile though, our main team ressed in base and dominated their guys in our base. At VoD we fought at the stand and finished them off.

Brothers of Disaster [BOD] +2 (burning)

Rank 2600 running a fairly balanced build on burning. We contemplated splitting through them, but we were able to simply pressure them and get about 10 kills in the first 3 minutes. Finished the game somewhere under 8 mins.

The Black Dye Cartel [sad] +3 (frozen)

We opened with a split to the flagstand again. They went full to the gatehouse, but then collapsed to the stand when our main team didn't engage. We swapped the positioning and split into the gatehouse & their base, while holding position & capping with our main team at the stand. They decided to defend the split with a single restoration rit and push 7v5 right into our base because they overcapped the stand (though bruce was already running another flag).

Our skirmish team slowly took out archers & knights while pressuring their rit. Tae pretty much dominated him right before the 4 minute mark by dshotting his heal and letting him degen to death right at 4:01 so vengeful/remedy couldn't save him. At that point their team was in our lord room (and starting to crack), so we had all the time needed to wipe every single lord room NPC. They panicked and had to fall back to defend their lord, while our main team pushed hard on their backs with snares & KDs getting quite a few kills. We also got morale during this.

Around 6 minutes, we had both converged to fight at the gatehouse. We pushed a split out again which they completely ignored, deciding to push 8v5 into our base again. After they were in, Bruce pushed out, closed the gate to keep them in our base, and joined our 3 skirmishers at their unprotected lord. Again they had to panic and fall out the long way through our water snares, and never reached their lord before we finished him at 9 mins.

--

Thanks to Arma, JD, Yichi, and Warskull for guesting in. Overall a solid night, especially for nailing down some more movement plays.

Greedy Gus | Nasty Needle | Pro Politico | Sudden Setback | Fixed Formula | Gus Frenzies
Old September 21st, 2007, 09:44   #2
Sir Bruce
Adept Tyrian

Forum Members

Bruce + Gate locks = GG

"We didnt lose the game, we just ran out of time." ~ Vince Lombardi

Sir Bruce of Oxford | Carrie The Devine | Sir Marvin The Wise | Mistress Lone Raven | Madame Lone Raven
Old September 21st, 2007, 12:56   #3
Alana
Sleepy Mommy

SoF Emeritus

Send a message via MSN to Alana
Sounds like you guys are really finding your groove. Congrats on the wins, and keep it up! Go go Victrix!

GW2: Alana.3217
Old September 21st, 2007, 13:50   #4
Neo
Uberness Reborn

Victrix Officers

Gus I Said Cool Title Cmon.

Facet.5914 || Archon | Scion | Aspect | Aura | Facet of Uberness
Old September 21st, 2007, 15:47   #5
Lucky
A winner is YOU

Victrix Members

Send a message via AIM to Lucky
gg my computer, g freaking g.

W- Jadumba Narantunga -E- Venomous Anyi -N- Root Of All Evils
GW2- Lucky.7125
Old September 21st, 2007, 18:26   #6
Marillion Bloodbane
Adept Tyrian

Tor Ambassadors

Thanks for the report Gus. Much appreciated for taking the time. I had the priviledge of watching most of those matches and listening to the ingame banter. It was a great learning experience for me and a lot of fun. Thanks again guys. As the night went on I could really see the gelling occur with you guys playing together intuitively without much tactics calling. It was awesome to see. It's particularly apparent just how effective your splitting tactics are. That is what seems to win the matches most often for you guys. Very apparent that your split people are very good at what they do.

Oh and Lucky, I feel really really sorry for you. That must have been incredibly frustrating. All I can say is...time for a new rig!

The Torrencians [Tor]
IGN: Marillion Bloodbane
Old September 21st, 2007, 19:32   #7
Elessar
Mighty Diaper Changer(3)

Banned

:)

Good Job Sof V, seems like u are putting it together, we all root for you and your continued successes, AP omg that build is lame please uninstall GW with that crap.
Old September 21st, 2007, 19:40   #8
Lucky
A winner is YOU

Victrix Members

Yea they played a lame ladder farm build imo, cheesy tactics to prey on people not wanting to waste time....but I digress....

They basically waste everyone's time because unless you get a lucky break or they make a bad mistake, you have to camp your base till VoD.

weak.

-lucky

GW2- Lucky.7125

Last edited by Lucky; September 21st, 2007 at 20:13.
Old September 21st, 2007, 19:42   #9
Neo
Uberness Reborn

Victrix Officers

Pipe down with the AP hate already. We lost when we shouldn't have, and regardless of how everyone will be remembered however long from now, it felt bad last night. Dont plan on losing to that shit again.

Facet.5914 || Archon | Scion | Aspect | Aura | Facet of Uberness
Old September 21st, 2007, 19:52   #10
Sir Bruce
Adept Tyrian

Forum Members

Again the AP match compiled down to two things. 1) You had Warskull trying to Micro everything when that isn't our style 2) You couldn't hear anything on vent because the only person talking was Warskull, whose voice is very distinct and loud 3) I was there to curb stomp sins with my leet hammer bar and last but not least 4) Communication was poor, and there was too much clutter in general regarding people's feeling about what they were running instead of focusing on the match at hand. All things that can be easily fixed and worked upon.

"We didnt lose the game, we just ran out of time." ~ Vince Lombardi

Sir Bruce of Oxford | Carrie The Devine | Sir Marvin The Wise | Mistress Lone Raven | Madame Lone Raven
Old September 21st, 2007, 19:55   #11
Lucky
A winner is YOU

Victrix Members

Definetly could have gone differently, I look forward to the rematch. We learned alot about our communication quirks in that one.

GW2- Lucky.7125
Old September 22nd, 2007, 05:50   #12
Tap
Devotee Jade Sea

Retired Victrix Members

You know what's awesome, is that this is a public forum.
Old September 22nd, 2007, 07:44   #13
Lucky
A winner is YOU

Victrix Members

Oh god I hope AP doesn't see this then >.>.

Hi Tap!

GW2- Lucky.7125
Old September 22nd, 2007, 15:01   #14
Tap
Devotee Jade Sea

Retired Victrix Members

HAIL SIR LUCKY

In other non-related +1 post count news, I have instructed my fantasy team to attempt to severely hurt your QB and WR's.

Discuss.
Old September 22nd, 2007, 17:11   #15
Lucky
A winner is YOU

Victrix Members

The minute i missed that draft, I kissed competing in that league good byew, because I cant access espn from work, they block it.

free win for j00

GW2- Lucky.7125