Go Back   Servants of Fortuna Forums > Victrix > GvG Reports
Register Roster Forum Members Calendar Arcade Chat Mark Forums Read

Old July 17th, 2007, 12:16   #1
Robus
no alarms n no surprises

Retired Victrix Members

Send a message via AIM to Robus Send a message via MSN to Robus Send a message via Skype™ to Robus
Victrix Match Reports - 16th July

Last night was really about a few people learning to play again while running a somewhat experimental build with some horrible pings due to room mates

Calis On Aime La Biere ~r200

I've actually forgot this match in great detail. I believe it was on Hunters Isle, we actually got pushed back at one stage and then completely stomped them out of our base after, after that it was all uphill. Come VoD we were able to treb most of their NPCs, wipe there team, and proceed to kill there lord.
+2

Crimson Reconcilement ~r70

Apparently a merger of two guilds Clan Roxxor and That Hideous Strength. For 20 minutes of the match we were fighting a losing battle. Though good play at VoD, and careless play on theirs allowed us to win.

Just before the 20 minute mark, we spiked out a monk forcing him to res back in the enemy base - before he could rejoin his team we literally snared and wiped their entire team. Pushed over the vine bridge, killed their monk who had base ressed and finished off the lord.

Bit of a sad way to win it, but we'll take it
+3

Rubies and Sapphires ~r100

Slightly more positive. They weren't running Fast Cast Air Spike like they normally do. Instead their mesmers all ran shame and diversion.. Oh and they had like 3 of them. I don't however believe they had any forms of damage, except 2 warriors who I didn't really notice.

Their defense was lacking though and we pretty much just killed them convincingly.
+3

The Shadowknights ~r70

Running NR-tranq still, siimlar to what they were running the last time we played about 3 months ago. Except this time we didn't win. Doesn't help that the spirits were never taken down since most of their damage could have been dealt with with guardian and shield of absorption.

Anyway we lost in 10 minutes

Ephemeral Sanity ~r140

They pretty much stomped us, running a hex build with 2 dervishes. Just generally horrible play on our behalf that caused us to lose in under 10 minutes again

Failure To Launch ~r400

By far our worse match, in forms of play, and our guys lagging out. Regardless it was really no excuse for the crap hole match

_

Throughout the night communication was pretty awful, vent was almost quiet except for Aus calling spikes and unless someone makes half an effort to actually coordinate things we'll be doing shit for a while.

While I believe some people were rusty, I don't think rustiness has anything to do with putting in no effort, which is what I really thought the problem was.

Consistently our split would just die, while our Flag Stand team would also die.

yesitsrob.8054
Old July 17th, 2007, 14:24   #2
Arya Nibelrund
Hai! Where aer Mudkips???

SoF Emeritus

Send a message via MSN to Arya Nibelrund
Who was playing btw? Also, i know you didn't write it, but I'm sure you missed me

Arya Nibelrund W/x | Arya Plays Teh Monk Mo/x PvP | Stella Lorelai Mo/x | Aurora Manstein R/x | Summer Eldalie Me/x
Old July 17th, 2007, 15:02   #3
Tap
Devotee Jade Sea

Retired Victrix Members

I missed you and I wasn't even playing
Old July 17th, 2007, 16:03   #4
Neo
Uberness Reborn

Victrix Officers

Oh hell no you did not just replace your SoF sig with that crap!

As Rob said, it was a bad night. Little communication, little effort, little progress. The split got raped, the offense stunk, and the defense cracked.

So right, own up people. Me first:

My battlefield vision was crap (1 month+ away will do that, I suppose) and it led to late prots and slow infuses. My enthusiasm waned over the last few matches when we were playing especially poorly, and by the last match I was basically monking on autopilot. And I got LoD diversioned and Dshotted about 4x as often as I used to.

Facet.5914 || Archon | Scion | Aspect | Aura | Facet of Uberness
Old July 17th, 2007, 21:06   #5
Tap
Devotee Jade Sea

Retired Victrix Members

Neo don't be jealous because I can top DPS charts with my Beast Mastery spec.

I can probably find another pet and name him after you if it'll make you feel better, though I'd have to stable Arya for the time being....

Old July 18th, 2007, 01:22   #6
Arya Nibelrund
Hai! Where aer Mudkips???

SoF Emeritus

Send a message via MSN to Arya Nibelrund
Tap come listen with me to 'Nothing in this world'!!!!!
We can also argue about Mudkip and Piplup!

Arya Nibelrund W/x | Arya Plays Teh Monk Mo/x PvP | Stella Lorelai Mo/x | Aurora Manstein R/x | Summer Eldalie Me/x
Old July 18th, 2007, 01:57   #7
Robus
no alarms n no surprises

Retired Victrix Members

Send a message via AIM to Robus Send a message via MSN to Robus Send a message via Skype™ to Robus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Oh hell no you did not just replace your SoF sig with that crap!

As Rob said, it was a bad night. Little communication, little effort, little progress. The split got raped, the offense stunk, and the defense cracked.

So right, own up people. Me first:

My battlefield vision was crap (1 month+ away will do that, I suppose) and it led to late prots and slow infuses. My enthusiasm waned over the last few matches when we were playing especially poorly, and by the last match I was basically monking on autopilot. And I got LoD diversioned and Dshotted about 4x as often as I used to.
I felt like that on the last match - I cast after aftercast so much leading to me getting things distracted when i knew fully well it would. I was pretty angry at myself.

yesitsrob.8054
Old July 18th, 2007, 08:01   #8
Navis
Human Being

SoF Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Nibelrund
Who was playing btw?
Yeah, and what was the build like?

GW1: [Mo] Navis Atsukau | [A] Navis Swift | [Rt] Navis Seishin | [W] Sivan Star|[R] Anakha Akbar | [E] Guilwin Gray | [N] Moneva Myganne | [Me] Minala Mekhar | [P] Ilana Sloda | [D] Yaros Sloda
GW2: [W] Navis Swift | [En] Sivan Sokka | [G] Sivan Star | [Me] Navis Ciaran | Navis.1486
Old July 18th, 2007, 08:28   #9
Greedy Gus
Devotee Jade Sea

Victrix Officers

that was myself, tae, aus, blck, razz, tzuul, rob, & neo, testing a 3-war split build.

Greedy Gus | Nasty Needle | Pro Politico | Sudden Setback | Fixed Formula | Gus Frenzies
Old July 18th, 2007, 14:14   #10
Aus
Adept Tyrian

Victrix Officers

I played badly I could probably write an essay on how bad but no
Old July 19th, 2007, 08:25   #11
Vykara
Vicarious Vexing Vixen

SoF Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Vykara Send a message via Yahoo to Vykara
Glad to see one of these again Sorry it didn't go so well this time - though the first time back after an extended absence generally will. Even PvE after an absence can go badly ... (speaking from experience)

Anyway, hope you guys keep playing!

GW 2: Vykara.5207

GW 1
Tyrian: Vykara Valkyrie W/x || Vyky Valor Mo/x
Canthan: Vy Vicious N/x || Vyk Vysage Rit/x
Elonian: Biggus Vykkus Pa/W || Vinnie go Blooey E/Mo
Old July 20th, 2007, 04:32   #12
Marillion Bloodbane
Adept Tyrian

Tor Ambassadors

Hear hear, I agree with Vykara. I really would encourage you guys to persevere. Under the circumstances it sounds like you guys did alright. Especially in your earlier matches.

The Torrencians [Tor]
IGN: Marillion Bloodbane