Go Back   Servants of Fortuna Forums > Victrix > GvG Reports
Register Roster Forum Members Calendar Arcade Chat Mark Forums Read

Old April 18th, 2007, 05:34   #1
Tap
Devotee Jade Sea

Retired Victrix Members

Victrix Match Reports - 17 April 2007

I am flattered by the positive reaction I got, so I will continue writing match reports of epic nature! I won't write all of them like that, only the 'noteworthy' ones, where the team we faced was a very quality guild, or well known. Tonight's epic report is the last one!

The Prelude
Weary from the epic battles waged last night against such worthy adversaries, yet energized and full of zest from the results, the brotherhood of Victrix gathered this eve, expecting again to hold off all challenges to their Isle. The warriors gathered, joined by the Torrencian liason to Victrix, Tzuul, the crafty elementalist who was well skilled in the manipulation of air conjuring. As the brotherhood gathered, the lady Lynnrose noticed one member who was not present; Ramona Robus.

"Confound it, where is she!" Lynnrose muddled to herself. Without Ramona, who would lead the Victrix charge? A brief cloud of despair hung over the Victrix members, and this night's battle was in question.

Thankfully Zi, ever so vigilant to step in for Ramona while she was away on other tasks, made herself known to the rest of Victrix.

"Friends, we shan't lose our opportunity to fight tonight! While Ramona is not present, we have the power, the zeal, and the bodies to storm Ascalon and defend our home from all intruders!" the mesmer lass shouted, fire in her eyes and an edge to her tone. "Others will take up the banner, and Victrix will fight tonight!"

The brotherhood was cheered by this, and after a mediation, the warriors came into their assigned roles. Neo, used to protection and healing from his customary monk position, dawned a suit of armor and massive hammer, prepared to prevent those who do what he is accustomed to. Tap, embraced by the light of Dwayna, don the monk's wardrobe. The liason Tzuul stepped in, magic crackling from his headpiece and wand.

The faces did change, yet would the results be the same....?

vs. Team Flamingo[FFs]
Not much to write here; we started the match with Neo Err 7'ing. Much QQ'ing was had over lag and ANet servers :rant:, so we did the sensible thing; rush their Guild Lord! We resigned out at 2:30

Result: Loss (-2)

vs. Alcoholic Attunement[AA]
Not much to really write here either; fought on Frozen Isle, we charged in, fought them 8v8, took some deaths, killed a lot of them, waited until VoD, and killed their Lord. I think this was the first match where we got used to everyone playing in their new positions.

Result: Win (+2)

vs. Pirate Pirate[PrPr]
Again, not a ton to write here; Hunter's Isle Isle I believe we fought them on, we charged in, fought them 8v8, smashmouth time, we took some deaths, waited until VoD, and killed their lord.

vs. Redemption with Revengep[RwR]
This was not a good match for us; we saw they were running Hero-way, but were rather proficient at it. An impromptu decision made by the team was to have everyone charge through the choke point on the map and fight on their side of the 'flagstand', however only the monks and warriors followed suit. Tae and Gus kept going to their lord, while we took a lotta deaths. They ran Searing Flames, Thumpers, Tainted Flesh, a lot of pressure. Our team did enough to hold out so Tae and Gus could kill their lord, but this was not a great match for us to play

vs. Just Get Me Another Beetle[VW]
[iQ] Smurf...we switched in Rob for Gus. Rob de-synced for a good 4 minutes. That put us in an early hole, and we never recovered. A lot of pressure, though we managed some kills. Lost around 13:00

Result: Loss (-3)

vs. Guildwars Nomads
Exhausted and demoralized from the bout versus the Idiots, the Victrix band trooped back to the Druid's Isle, hoping for some much needed recuperation in the pool of Maguuma, and some mediation on Pride Rock. There was much to discuss, yet time was of the essence.

Time proved to be ever so fast this time, as no sooner did the warriors arrive back at the isle and soak in the pool did an omnious shadow appear over the precipice. A new challenge had arrived, with little time to prepare!

"By Balthazaar's Flame!" Ramona shouted, her mouth agape ever so slightly. She recognized the banner that was carried. All of Victrix did. These foes that presented themselves were well acquainted with Victrix, and Victrix with them. The bards still sing of such epic confrontations that happen many seasons ago.

These challengers would be the nomadic warriors whose only 'home' was to fight alongside one another in epic Guild vs Guild battle. The formation they presented was a unique one; a necromancer, assassin, ritualist, warrior, ranger, and elementalist, along with two monks.

Ramona and the rest of the brotherhood quicky assembled into formation, and met the Nomads at the flagstand, the aura again shining off of all who entered the pool of Maguuma. It was here that the battle began its epic nature.

"They are fleeing so soon?" JMS mused aloud, curious to know why the Nomad ranger, necromancer, and ritualist were branching from the main party.

"Tis be a sneak attack!" Neo bellowed from his frontline position. "Defend the unnamed and Lord!" he roared.

With that command, Tzuul and JMS quicky retreated to the Victrix base, prepared to stop the onslaught that presented itself. By the time they arrived, several of the unnamed had fallen, giving their life to protect their beloved Lord, and their beloved Victrix. Would their death go in vain?

While the splinter fight was happening, the massive battle was occuring at the flagstand. The force of Victrix was pushing back the resistance by the Nomads, however the Nomads were rather intelligent during this battle, and immediatel began to retreat after taking deaths, yet branched off their warriors in such odd patterns that the Victrix warriors could not get a bead on their positioning, or their intents. Frequently, the flagstand team would find itself in a pincer movement, where the Nomads would take advantage and attempt to kill hapless targets.

Tap felt the sting of one of these tactical manuevers. JMS and Tae, after chasing out the enemy contingent, were delayed in joining the flagstand team, causing Tap to defend himself against the curses of the necromancer, the swift, flashing blades of the Assassin, the piercing steel of the warrior, and the deadly conditions of the ranger. He defended valiantly, however the brute force of this attack was too much, and he muttered his last prayer before falling to the dirt, heavily soiled with the blood that was already spilled. Much more would be shed before this day was over though...but whose?

The battle would continue to rage on, the tactical manuevers of the Nomads coming in and out of the lair of the Victrix, while the latter brotherhood continued their aggressive assault Ramona and Neo pushed Nomad monks so aggressively that they could only retreat, or be slain. Zi, the veteran mesmer continued her dominance towards the enemy elementalist, using her new skill with uptmost grace and execution. Tap, prayers furiously coming from his lips, another starting as one ended due to the pressure faced from the Nomad guild. Lynnrose, conjuring water hexes to halt the enemy retreat. The contingent of Tzuul, JMS, and Tae would prove to be a strong aegis against the onslaught. Though the onslaught from the Nomands was fierce, only the external of the unnamed fell to this.

The decisive point came when both parties merged and Victrix stormed through the rear entrance of the Nomad base. Neo was cut down in his zest, yet he managed to take down the Nomad ranger with him. Morale was permaently high, and his death did nothing but ignite the fuel behind the smashmouth that was known as Victrix, full force. The ferocious force continued into the base, cleaned out what remained of the Nomad unnamed, and were prepared to end the battle, just as the ending of all battles neared, and the Lords were to shout "Victory or Death!"

It did not come to that; The Victrix team pushed in, force renewed by the sense that their victory was near, and cut down the Nomad monk team. Demoralized, the Nomads had no way of bringing back their protectors, and soon those left at the base fell. It was then, the brotherhood knew that victory was their, and pushed their onslaught onto the Nomad Lord. Those Nomads who remained alive rushed back, fighting with everything they had left to protect their lord for another few seconds, when the dead would be risen again, however it was for naught. As the cry of "Victory of Death!" was shouted throughout the Druid Isle, Ramona ended the Nomadic Lord's life with one final stab of his blade, true to the last action.

After an exhausting battle that saw both sides showcase their prowress, the warriors of Victrix sat, and observed that match, as it had a sense of epic to it.

The brotherhood was challenged by a fierce opponent, yet their ever so stout resolve allowed them to overcome the challenge, and again come through victorious.

Result: Win (+3)

Not a bad night: +4 overall, and our two losses can be heavily attributed to Rob and Neo not learning how to dodge lag
Old April 18th, 2007, 06:33   #2
Neo
Uberness Reborn

Victrix Officers

Great stuff again, yo.

Facet.5914 || Archon | Scion | Aspect | Aura | Facet of Uberness
Old April 18th, 2007, 07:42   #3
Racthoh
Advanced Shiverpeaks

Forum Members

Send a message via MSN to Racthoh
Ramona is not fit to lead an assault against the legions of iQ.
Old April 18th, 2007, 08:26   #4
eightyfour-onesevenfive
Certified Geek

SoF Members

Is that last match still on obs mode for Victrix? If so, can I have an invite to victrix for my secondary account (Sanya Eni Enwa)?

Europe: Ernbrecht Sturmtruz || Xi Xolotl || Sister Margarethe || Isadora Di Comeri || Snow On The Cedars || Sasha Carelli || Lawnmower Girl || more...
"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar!" - Hoban Washburne
Old April 18th, 2007, 09:39   #5
Ajil Ixal
Advanced Shiverpeaks

SoF Members

Excellent report again Tap - looking forward to many more Victix wins and more excellent reports - Keep up the good work one and all

DoG Ambassador & Officer
GW1: Ajil Ixal GW2: Ajil Ixal.7231
(Main Characters)
Old April 18th, 2007, 14:08   #6
Nuxie
recidivist rogue

Retired Victrix Members

Thanks for playing our scribe role again, Sir Tap the Silver Penned.

@84 - Sorry, but because we're in the top 100 only our scrimmages remain in the guild obs "vault." Our ladder matches are broadcast on regular obs mode and purged as soon as enough other obs matches are posted.

Scream In Braille, P | Ryanne Lynnrose, R | Perpetual Deja Vu, E | I Bent My Wookie (PvP) | Perpetual Caffeine (PvP)
Old April 18th, 2007, 15:59   #7
eightyfour-onesevenfive
Certified Geek

SoF Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnrose
@84 - Sorry, but because we're in the top 100 only our scrimmages remain in the guild obs "vault." Our ladder matches are broadcast on regular obs mode and purged as soon as enough other obs matches are posted.
Oh, wasn't aware of that. A shame, really.

Europe: Ernbrecht Sturmtruz || Xi Xolotl || Sister Margarethe || Isadora Di Comeri || Snow On The Cedars || Sasha Carelli || Lawnmower Girl || more...
"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar!" - Hoban Washburne
Old April 18th, 2007, 16:34   #8
Navis
Human Being

SoF Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tap
As the cry of "Victory of Death!" was shouted throughout the Druid Isle, Ramona ended the Nomadic Lord's life with one final stab of his blade, true to the last action.
Since when does Ramona wield a blade?

I like the report very much Thank you Tap for writing them and all Victrix people for playing the epic matches that make this writing possible!

GW1: [Mo] Navis Atsukau | [A] Navis Swift | [Rt] Navis Seishin | [W] Sivan Star|[R] Anakha Akbar | [E] Guilwin Gray | [N] Moneva Myganne | [Me] Minala Mekhar | [P] Ilana Sloda | [D] Yaros Sloda
GW2: [W] Navis Swift | [En] Sivan Sokka | [G] Sivan Star | [Me] Navis Ciaran | Navis.1486
Old April 18th, 2007, 17:02   #9
Robus
no alarms n no surprises

Retired Victrix Members

Send a message via AIM to Robus Send a message via MSN to Robus Send a message via Skype™ to Robus
I was swording last night!

yesitsrob.8054
Old April 18th, 2007, 17:13   #10
Navis
Human Being

SoF Emeritus

OMG your avatar is outdated!

GW1: [Mo] Navis Atsukau | [A] Navis Swift | [Rt] Navis Seishin | [W] Sivan Star|[R] Anakha Akbar | [E] Guilwin Gray | [N] Moneva Myganne | [Me] Minala Mekhar | [P] Ilana Sloda | [D] Yaros Sloda
GW2: [W] Navis Swift | [En] Sivan Sokka | [G] Sivan Star | [Me] Navis Ciaran | Navis.1486
Old April 18th, 2007, 18:22   #11
Neo
Uberness Reborn

Victrix Officers

I got to play hammer last night, twas fun although I felt a bit rusty at first. By the end of the night I was starting to settle down into my usual rythms, so if I need to step into a warrior slot again, Im feeling pretty confident about that.

Imo the best part of the night was obs chat @ the DAii game. Im still not quite sure if they thought we were serious or not.

Facet.5914 || Archon | Scion | Aspect | Aura | Facet of Uberness
Old April 18th, 2007, 22:37   #12
Almighty Zi
Ha Do Ken!

Victrix Members

I hope that they didn't take it seriously. I know that they get a bit of flack for running recall split on corrupted but I for one never hold grudges. It was all just fun banter. On that note - I can't believe that Tap left out my awesome comment from his epic battle report; 'We have beaten you 3 time as I RECALL' - worthy of mention I would have thought.

Jun Zi / Hex And The City
Old April 18th, 2007, 22:44   #13
Marillion Bloodbane
Adept Tyrian

Tor Ambassadors

A hearty congrats to all the Victrix lads on some very well played matches. Special thanks to Tap for his "epic" report! Much appreciated as always. Keep up the good work boys. Its an inspiration to the rest of us.

The Torrencians [Tor]
IGN: Marillion Bloodbane
Old April 18th, 2007, 23:16   #14
Tap
Devotee Jade Sea

Retired Victrix Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty Zi
I hope that they didn't take it seriously. I know that they get a bit of flack for running recall split on corrupted but I for one never hold grudges. It was all just fun banter. On that note - I can't believe that Tap left out my awesome comment from his epic battle report; 'We have beaten you 3 time as I RECALL' - worthy of mention I would have thought.
Clearly not in character, therefore you get zero recognition!

Don some hosery and perhaps a feathery mask, then we'll talk
Old April 19th, 2007, 00:50   #15
jms
Adept Tyrian

Retired Victrix Members

The Starting Over [Mo]