Go Back   Servants of Fortuna Forums > Victrix > GvG Reports
Register Roster Forum Members Calendar Arcade Chat Mark Forums Read

Old March 26th, 2007, 10:28   #1
Robus
no alarms n no surprises

Retired Victrix Members

Send a message via AIM to Robus Send a message via MSN to Robus Send a message via Skype™ to Robus
Victrix Match Report - 25 March 2007

Celestial Tournament match plus 2 other matches, then most of us had to leave I believe. Anyway.

CT Round 8 Match 1 - Lords Of Quid [QuiD]

They got first map choice and they chose to run a 4/4 split on Corrupted Isle. We capped initially and left 6 people fighting at the stand and 2 people defending the base. They did slowly kill NPC but we quickly killed their stand team, by about 4 minutes we'd almost DP'd their flag stand team and very much caught up in any NPC situation.

Their ganking team collapsed to their base, and our defending team followed. We were 8v8 now and we finished them.

The match ended at about the 6 minute mark. Promising start. 1-0

CT Round 8 Match 2 - Lords of Quid [QuiD]

Our map now, and Druids Isle. We kept with our standard build and they chose to run NR/Tranq - they'd changed to more self sufficient monks with warrior secondary and defensive stances and the rest of their targets were high AL, so scoring kills was not easy.

We split them, wiping out a significant number of their NPCs as the game progressed. At one stage our split collapsed and we had them trapped on their vine bridge. We pretty much party wiped them and pushed right into their base. When they ressed we pulled back to the vine bridge after a short fight and did the same thing again, this time the monks went down after 16 minutes.

One kill tended to result in wipes. They had 2 hard ressers and the pressure just seriously hurt them whenever a monk dropped.

_

So, in the tournament we did as follows

0 - 2 Pilsner Urquel Guardians [PUG] - our worse result for sure, we were playing really bad at this stage, and got rit spiked on Jade Isle before it was nerfed. We were playing awful like I say.

1 - 2 Newbs On Tour [NAP] - not nice catching these guys before eurospike nerf. 1st match they didn't even run eurospike, we just were running a not so good build. 2nd match we knew they had burning, we ran a very offensive hex build and stomped them in about 7 minutes. 3rd match we tried the same again, very close to breaking them for sure but they had an extra purge sig or something

2 - 0 Illusioned Redemption [Ri] - severe stomping really.

2 - 0 Pirate Pirate [PrPr] - smashface.

2 - 0 Ink Allstars [InK] - forfeit

2 - 0 Spirits of War [SoW] - boom smash! Pretty decent games actually

2 - 0 Los Chavos Del [ocho] - roaaaaar smash!

2 - 0 Lords Of Quid [QuiD] - boooom

6 - 2 with a pretty bad opponent win-loss ratio. We gotta thank NAP who will hopefully go 7-1, and PUG, QuiD, ocho and SoW might raise our opponent WL a bit, the more teams that get forfeit victories above us the better. No chance of top 16 but top 32 is a possibility.
_

Then we played a couple of ladder games

Dark Evil Angels [DEA] +2

These guys ran some extremely lame Jade Isle gimmick crap. Hexers, Dervish, Ritualist spirit spammer. Our multiple Purge Signets came in handy and our backline handled the pressure well. We looked for oppertunities to push on them and made them count, and before VoD we severely crushed their monk backline and had built up DP on the ritualist and necro. Convincing win really.

Steel Phoenix [StP] +2

2 Mesmers - lots of Diversion and Shame and Blackouts. Hard to handle, DP on the mesmers would be key. That's what we worked on. We couldn't push on them hard because it was going to be difficult to deal with their mesmer pressure while being able to maintain it on them through the Aegis'. At VoD we were in a very strong position. Mesmers low on health, Warrior suffered some DP through Death Pact Signet and as the NPCs clashed we wiped them. They tried a gank on the res which we were prepared for. They resigned out.

yesitsrob.8054
Old March 26th, 2007, 12:29   #2
Marcus Ferret
Incorrigible Raisu

SoF Members

Those last two matches were a good watch. Back to back and it seemed like the entire GW community had stopped to watch you guys as it was a while before anything else showed up on obs.

Anyway, respect to DeA and StP. Always good to see teams that come out fighting after wipes, instead of retreating to base and just camping till VoD. I bet there were some sweet words said over vent with regard to the Recall Mesmer from StP...

Noticed Backbreaker on your bar Robus, and if I'm not mistaken, Bull's Strike... Was there another kd, or just the two mentioned?

@Tae - The Azure Shortbow is definitely recognisable or it could be a green, and if I could venture a guess, it's probably a +5 energy bow, right? What's the other bow that you have equipped most of the time? Dead Bow? Just curious... I don't get paid to find out what l33t weapons teams are using...

Marcus Ferret [R] l Jade Felicity Rose [W] l Divine Azure Rose [M] l Xavier Light [Rit] l Crystal Autumn Rose [W] PvP l Spicy Asia [D] PvP l

'War tends to separate the weak from the strong... Peace separates us from reality... In life, we shall encounter our personal battles... In death, we discover peace...' ~ J. Marcus (1972-20??)

Last edited by Marcus Ferret; March 26th, 2007 at 12:31.
Old March 26th, 2007, 12:44   #3
Robus
no alarms n no surprises

Retired Victrix Members

Send a message via AIM to Robus Send a message via MSN to Robus Send a message via Skype™ to Robus
I didn't run Backbreaker.

I ran Earthshaker in both matches I think.

I'm going to switch to axe bars for a while now I think, with plenty of KD and disruption again, I've just not played axe in a good while

yesitsrob.8054
Old March 26th, 2007, 13:19   #4
Marcus Ferret
Incorrigible Raisu

SoF Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robus
I didn't run Backbreaker.

I ran Earthshaker in both matches I think.

I'm going to switch to axe bars for a while now I think, with plenty of KD and disruption again, I've just not played axe in a good while
Ooops... Yup... It was Earthshaker - the AoE kd...(Gotta take a break from GW, my mind is getting muddled... Wait, it has always been muddled - Still got the Mo/W Backbreaker [QQ] ran in their build on my mind... That was pretty funny, or was it just lame...) Anyway, Earthshaker was decent, but you couldn't seem to finish off targets as quickly as when you ran Devastating Hammer ++kds - though it might have just been the numerous Aegis, etc.

Tae at the flagstand was good strategy, as his interrupts probably saved you guys a lot of grief during those last two matches. Bet Zi wouldn't have been very happy if he had to babysit two necros (DeA] or two mesmers [StP] and two/three monks on his own. Plus keeping the Dervish from taking on Melandru's form in the first match was probably key to your flagstand control. That sin they had was a nuisance though...hehe

Marcus Ferret [R] l Jade Felicity Rose [W] l Divine Azure Rose [M] l Xavier Light [Rit] l Crystal Autumn Rose [W] PvP l Spicy Asia [D] PvP l

'War tends to separate the weak from the strong... Peace separates us from reality... In life, we shall encounter our personal battles... In death, we discover peace...' ~ J. Marcus (1972-20??)
Old March 26th, 2007, 13:31   #5
Taelith
Fierce Echovald

Victrix Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Ferret
@Tae - The Azure Shortbow is definitely recognisable or it could be a green, and if I could venture a guess, it's probably a +5 energy bow, right? What's the other bow that you have equipped most of the time? Dead Bow? Just curious... I don't get paid to find out what l33t weapons teams are using...
It was actually a Poisonous Azure Recurve Bow of Fortitude (-5e). I generally use the following depending on my build: Nundak Recurve Bow, Rotwing Recurve Bow, Elswyth's Long Bow, Poisonous Bramble Flatbow of Fortitude (+5e), Bolten's Recurve Bow, Deatheater Longbow, Saushali's Recurve Bow. So start collecting those bows.
Old March 26th, 2007, 13:44   #6
Marcus Ferret
Incorrigible Raisu

SoF Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelith
It was actually a Poisonous Azure Recurve Bow of Fortitude (-5e). I generally use the following depending on my build: Nundak Recurve Bow, Rotwing Recurve Bow, Elswyth's Long Bow, Poisonous Bramble Flatbow of Fortitude (+5e), Bolten's Recurve Bow, Deatheater Longbow, Saushali's Recurve Bow. So start collecting those bows.
I'll stick with my Summit Axes, thank you...

Old March 26th, 2007, 14:48   #7
Neo
Uberness Reborn

Victrix Officers

Gus had to go early so I got to jump in and play warrior in the last game. I ended up playing an Axe bar of my own instead of Gus's usual build since Im no good at Bulls Charge or Final Thrust. There were noticable signs of rust, but I was decent .

Since I only played in the last game, thats the only one I can really comment on. StP had some quite annoying defenses. There was a water ele was constantly harassing our warriors with snare and blurred vision (the most common phrase on vent was by far, "blurred on 2" ) One of their mesmers had Return which was irritating, and their melee liked to lineback alot. We were able to pressure them but rarely could convert that into many kills until VoD. Their ele had impeccable timing with his snare which prevented me from arriving at most spikes on time . At VoD they made a few critical mistakes, like sending in their ele to deliver a flag at the precise moment when the NPCs arrived at the flagstand (he blew up in about 10 seconds), then ressing him with Death Pact Signet (he died again in about 5 seconds, also killing the war who ressed him). Bulls/Evi/Exe was really nice for me at VoD, made me wonder why I didnt do it more earlier in the game.

Facet.5914 || Archon | Scion | Aspect | Aura | Facet of Uberness
Old March 26th, 2007, 15:08   #8
Lightfoot
I'm still here?

SoF Members

Send a message via AIM to Lightfoot Send a message via MSN to Lightfoot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robus
Mesmers low on health, Warrior suffered some DP through Death Pact Signet and as the NPCs clashed we wiped them.
An FYI - Death Pact Signet does not accumulate DP on the caster. He's still dead and needing to be ressed, but he doesn't get any DP.

Anyway, on the superb work in the tournament, and enjoy whatever reward you may be granted.

Harion Phalshadow (N/Me 20); Niviel Perito (W/Mo 20); Beleviel the Blade (R/E 20); Melodie Drakenspire (Rt/A 20);
Elohanna Umshayeli (P/D 20)
Anumil Timbermark (Mo/N 20); Monsaide Creux (Me/R 20); Arcanon Flux (E/Rt 20); Tsukamoto Nodachi (A/P 20); Zantar Segador (D/W 20)
"Aieeeee!!! I'm becoming a ball of intellect!"
-Sam & Max Hit the Road
Old March 26th, 2007, 17:44   #9
Almighty Zi
Ha Do Ken!

Victrix Members

Dark Evil Angels were running almost an exact copy of Smart People's hex pressure build which is kinda built around toxicity, disease+poison with hex spam, plus pressure from a melandru's dervish and an instagib assasin. We actually suferred a couple of deaths at the hands of the instagib while our backline were dealing with other things or suffering with low energy from the pressure.

We took a lot of pressure when they built up their spirits and hexes but we managed to hold out at the flagstand 8 v 8 and 7 v 7. Against better teams with this build on this map I believe we would have struggled greatly.

Steel Phoenix were running a new trend of eurospike with shadow shroud on the mes/ass. The mesmers had a couple of interupts each and were spamming out diversions quite consistently. Inbetween their spikes, the mesmers seemed to put a lot of emphasis on shutting down our midline (the water ele and air ele) in order to keep their warriors clean. Their warriors were also happy to backline as they put more emphasis on their spike than physical pressure on our backline.

On the spikes, they would shame one monk, diversion the other and shadow shroud the target they wanted to spike.

Due to the amount of shutdown the mesmers were carrying, we had to apply most of our pressure here. From my point of view (on our mesmer) I wasn't able to spend as much time on their backline as I would have liked (and I'm sure our warriors felt the same) as we had to keep a check on the memsers and at times I had to save my hex eater to remove shame, diversion or shadow shroud so that our monks could prot and heal the spike target.

We basically had to get on top of their spike, build up some pressure on them very slowly and take advantage of pulling off some spikes of our own where the opportunity presented itself. Due to having quite a significant advantage in DP and a small advantage in NPCs (our ranger went to take out some of their base NPCs at times and we cleared their NPCs from outside their base early on - they were on solitude btw), come VoD we were able to finish it quite quickly.

Jun Zi / Hex And The City