Go Back   Servants of Fortuna Forums > Victrix > GvG Reports
Register Roster Forum Members Calendar Arcade Chat Mark Forums Read

Old March 24th, 2007, 09:57   #1
Robus
no alarms n no surprises

Retired Victrix Members

Send a message via AIM to Robus Send a message via MSN to Robus Send a message via Skype™ to Robus
Victrix Match Report - 23 March 2007

Guild Wars Nomads [DAii] +2

Same build they always run, Recall gank on corrupted Isle. The match didn't last long - we just had two in our base hold them off while our Flag stand team rolled over their main team. Lord was dead around the 10 minute mark

Rebel Rising [rawr] -2

We got stomped hard, they had a lot of pressure which we just couldn't seem to handle for whatever reason.

Idiot Savants Smurf -2

Gus never loaded, just resigned.

Krys Soldiers [Kry] -2

We got stomped, again. Same deal with the last one, tons of physical pressure which we couldn't seem to deal with.

Winner's Remorse [wR] -2

JMS didn't load, monk down, just resigned out.

Advocates Of The Devil +2

A low ranked guild, Neo was struggling due to his lag, so we died to a lot of spikes but were able to pressure and kill them easy enough.

yesitsrob.8054
Old March 24th, 2007, 10:59   #2
Marcus Ferret
Incorrigible Raisu

SoF Members

Just thought I'd give you guys a heads-up of what's happening on the EU side.

[eF] are running around with 3 sword warriors, 1 ranger, ele, ele/rit runner and 2 monks. They can probably still beat most teams regardless of what they play though.

[PUFF] have gone back to their two Melandru's/two monk backline build, with a mes, a necro, an ele runner and a ranger thrown into the build. They seem to be missing a couple of their key players and had a few guests from [eW], [rawr] and [QQ] during their sessions last night. Saw Chop Chop Panda in the line-up when they beat [PvE], and Kestrel was on later against [FRA], a match which [PUFF] lost rather badly.

Can't remember what [PvE] were running, but it was kinda balanced with a 2 warrior frontline I think...

[FRA] were running a Shadow Prison Warrior up front with a sin as backup and ganker. Rest of the team consisted of 2 Rits, an ele runner, a mes (or ranger?) and two monks. They had Nomad Isle and were able to control the flagstand as well as block PUFF's runner at their gate which resulted in a total wipe. Lag was probably an issue, as I noticed PUFF's monks were struggling to heal and infuse even though the pressure from FRA was a little over average at most.

Have heard that 3/4 warriors is not uncommon these days amongst the top EU teams, but I've yet to catch a match on obs with more than 3 atm.

Marcus Ferret [R] l Jade Felicity Rose [W] l Divine Azure Rose [M] l Xavier Light [Rit] l Crystal Autumn Rose [W] PvP l Spicy Asia [D] PvP l

'War tends to separate the weak from the strong... Peace separates us from reality... In life, we shall encounter our personal battles... In death, we discover peace...' ~ J. Marcus (1972-20??)
Old March 24th, 2007, 15:04   #3
Nuxie
recidivist rogue

Retired Victrix Members

It's not noted above, but bears mentioning -- we were running a new build last night with more physical offense (two warriors, a ranger, and an attack paragon) and significantly less defense. We also faced a crapload of Shields Up and chained Aegis, which really hurt our pressure.

Scream In Braille, P | Ryanne Lynnrose, R | Perpetual Deja Vu, E | I Bent My Wookie (PvP) | Perpetual Caffeine (PvP)
Old March 24th, 2007, 16:10   #4
Almighty Zi
Ha Do Ken!

Victrix Members

Can you eleborate more on the matches? I didn't play so I'd like a little more info about what contributed to the losses or what we should do differently in future.

Jun Zi / Hex And The City
Old March 24th, 2007, 16:12   #5
Robus
no alarms n no surprises

Retired Victrix Members

Send a message via AIM to Robus Send a message via MSN to Robus Send a message via Skype™ to Robus
What Lynn said really. The Shields up and Aegis chains shut down a good 50% of our offense.

The match agains rawr - they ran 2 paragons, 1 warrior and a ranger I believe. can't remember the exact skills. We just got pushed back very quickly and never recovered.

Match against Kry's soldiers was practically the same thing.

yesitsrob.8054
Old March 24th, 2007, 20:07   #6
Marcus Ferret
Incorrigible Raisu

SoF Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnrose
It's not noted above, but bears mentioning -- we were running a new build last night with more physical offense (two warriors, a ranger, and an attack paragon) and significantly less defense. We also faced a crapload of Shields Up and chained Aegis, which really hurt our pressure.
Offensive paragon in place of a midline... Hmmm... Spike build?

Marcus Ferret [R] l Jade Felicity Rose [W] l Divine Azure Rose [M] l Xavier Light [Rit] l Crystal Autumn Rose [W] PvP l Spicy Asia [D] PvP l

'War tends to separate the weak from the strong... Peace separates us from reality... In life, we shall encounter our personal battles... In death, we discover peace...' ~ J. Marcus (1972-20??)
Old March 24th, 2007, 20:20   #7
Nuxie
recidivist rogue

Retired Victrix Members

No, it was just a general pressure build with split ability.

Scream In Braille, P | Ryanne Lynnrose, R | Perpetual Deja Vu, E | I Bent My Wookie (PvP) | Perpetual Caffeine (PvP)
Old March 24th, 2007, 21:21   #8
Marcus Ferret
Incorrigible Raisu

SoF Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnrose
No, it was just a general pressure build with split ability.
Been trying to fit a Paragon into a build I'm still working on and can't seem to decide as to whether to make it offensive or defensive. Guess, I'll have to catch a couple of Victrix's matches and see what to do^^ - or considering last night's record, what not to do...

O, as for the [eF] vs [Reno] match on obs earlier (Corrupted Isle)... eF were running with 1 Swordsman (Kyynel) and two [skill=text]"Fear Me!"[/skill] Axe Warrior with [skill=text]Disrupting Dagger[/skill], a [skill=text]Splinter Weapon[/skill] Rit/Mo, R/Mo, E/MO, 2 monks against Reno's 3 thumpers, 1 Oath Shot ranger, 1 Crip Shot and 3 monks. eF got pushed back to base and lost their 2 monks and Rit in the first few minutes. They held up for a min with their warriors and the ele runner spamming heal party. At rez they pushed back and killed one of Reno's monks a couple of times, after which they managed to hold at the flagstand and control the area till VoD.

VoD was awesome - short of a few NPCs due to Reno's earlier push and the Crip Shot ganker, eF sent one of their warriors to the entrance of Reno's base to block and tank NPCs. Fully enchanted with Prots and Splinter Weapon, the strategy wiped out half of the npcs and it was gg from then on.

However, eF didn't do too well in the next match against [meow] even though they held on till the 25th min... Searing Flames ftw^^

Anyway, need to know who is running what, where and when? Haven't got the time to watch obs, or to catch your oppositions in action? 100k + 10 ectos and I'll get you their build all fixed up with those nice little icons and tell you who plays what, where and when on which map. Heck, drop in an extra 10 ectos and I'll watch each of their matches a couple of times just to figure out who their weakest link is...

Last edited by Marcus Ferret; March 24th, 2007 at 21:33. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old March 24th, 2007, 21:39   #9
Lightfoot
I'm still here?

SoF Members

Send a message via AIM to Lightfoot Send a message via MSN to Lightfoot
Disrupting Dagger? Interesting skill to put on a warrior, but interrupts are always good, and something like that can surely catch people off-guard. The recharge is pretty nice too.

Oh, and WTS rune of superior loading

Harion Phalshadow (N/Me 20); Niviel Perito (W/Mo 20); Beleviel the Blade (R/E 20); Melodie Drakenspire (Rt/A 20);
Elohanna Umshayeli (P/D 20)
Anumil Timbermark (Mo/N 20); Monsaide Creux (Me/R 20); Arcanon Flux (E/Rt 20); Tsukamoto Nodachi (A/P 20); Zantar Segador (D/W 20)
"Aieeeee!!! I'm becoming a ball of intellect!"
-Sam & Max Hit the Road
Old March 25th, 2007, 16:12   #10
Rob#2
Deer Face!

SoF Emeritus

One of the opponents (I think it was [Kry]) was running 3 warriors and a [skill=text]weapon of fury[/skill] Rt, which was probably a big part of their pressure.

W Cori Rottingbush | Mo Gigi Aloebush | N Rabba Nabba | Me Robi Oran Hey | R Rah Bee | E Robbie Cyanea
Rt Robey Aleshanee | A Robby Hello Kitty
P Rabiah Hatshepsut | D Raba Ganoush