Go Back   Servants of Fortuna Forums > Victrix > GvG Reports
Register Roster Forum Members Calendar Arcade Chat Mark Forums Read

Old March 23rd, 2007, 14:57   #1
Robus
no alarms n no surprises

Retired Victrix Members

Send a message via AIM to Robus Send a message via MSN to Robus Send a message via Skype™ to Robus
Victrix Match Report - 22 March 2007

Celestial Tournament matches again. Against Los Chavos Del [ocho].

CT Round 7 Match 1:

They get the first map choice, their map choice is Druids isle! Yay! Good times, good times, always makes for good matches. We are running our standard build consisting of 2 warriors, a BA Ranger, a Water Ele, a Domination Mesmer, 2 Monks, and a Blinding Surge Runner.

They were running 2 warriors, a sin, a domination mesmer, a water elementalist, 2 monks, and something else.... Quite similar to us, except their sin with recall.

In truth, we played pretty awful.We didn't split well, created no powerplays, got only a few spikes off, and felt pressured most the match. We gave away a morale boost which we shouldn't, took deaths which we shouldn't, and most the time didn't look to be scratching them. We did, after their boost, get enough kills on their monk and hard res so that they had to burn through their sigs.

VoD was about the only time in the match where we played well, as soon as the 20 minutes hit we scored kills on their frontline, and just pressured the hell out of them. It was uphil from their and we did kill the Lord and got a win.

But it was still bad bad bad

CT Round 7 Match 2:

An improvement to say the least, our map choice, so Druids Isle again. And we kept with our standard build. They had added another sin and had more recall than before. They recall ganked, and let's just say they didn't know how to handle our counter gank - they paniced or something since we'd cleared their base before they had taken down 2 archers.

We weren't scoring kills at the flag stand so we were pretty much playing a VoD game - (Gus was often splitting, and I had a Linebacker hammer warrior KD'ing me the vast majority of the match while at the same time being blinded).

Anyhoo, at one stage their monks had to push to our vine bridge to try and aid their sin gankers, which is where they lost it - their positioning got a bit bad and we scored a monk kill in our base at around 15:30 - we immediately stomped the other monk. Most their team pulled out of our base but not before ressing one of their dead monks - the other base ressed and we had a monk and sin trapped in our base who we killed after the 16 minute res mark.

They were a monk down, and a sin down for 2 minutes. We pushed into their remaining flag stand team who had no monk, since he was still in the base, and pummeled them to death - the base ressed monk was stomped soon after, giving us plenty of time on the Lord to end it.
__

So we won. But due to epic failing in the first match we made it difficult.

We're now on 15 points, with round 8 giving us a chance of being able to finish top 32. I'm thinking there will be a signficiant amount of luck involved too.

There are some pretty average team who we could draw. But we could also get someone like [OUT], [QQ], [FFs], [dV] - who will be slightly more difficult than we'd like

Game 2 will be on our obs mode till around 1amGMT. So i can send invites to anyone who wants to watch it.

yesitsrob.8054

Last edited by Robus; March 23rd, 2007 at 15:02.
Old March 23rd, 2007, 15:26   #2
Tap
Devotee Jade Sea

Retired Victrix Members

Druid's Map?

Only noobs use that.

We should switch to Isle of Jade; it's where the cool kids play
Old March 23rd, 2007, 17:05   #3
Beqxter
No time for fuglies.

SoF Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Beqxter
Conratulations, guys! Top 32 would be an awesome achievement indeed, and I'm sure you'll be gratified for the hundreds of mystery potions they'll be giving you. Probably turn you into Asuras.

Beqxter Rawls || Boom Boom Charlie || Brother Beqxter || Kate Beqxinsale
Beqxter Puzzycat || Cassandra Beqx || Dead Beqxy
Tyrannosaurus Beqx || Beqxa Bimkubwa || Gloria Beqxaltation
Old March 23rd, 2007, 17:18   #4
Nuxie
recidivist rogue

Retired Victrix Members

I wish we'd been playing like this during the first two rounds. I'm very confident we'd have won against PUG. Of course, that would have changed our match-ups in subsequent rounds, so playing "what if" from there isn't productive.

Scream In Braille, P | Ryanne Lynnrose, R | Perpetual Deja Vu, E | I Bent My Wookie (PvP) | Perpetual Caffeine (PvP)
Old March 23rd, 2007, 17:20   #5
Ajil Ixal
Advanced Shiverpeaks

SoF Members

Congrats to all - might have made it harder on yourselves but a win is still a win. Keep up the awesome job

DoG Ambassador & Officer
GW1: Ajil Ixal GW2: Ajil Ixal.7231
(Main Characters)
Old March 23rd, 2007, 17:25   #6
Greedy Gus
Devotee Jade Sea

Victrix Officers

Tiebreaker is going to be tight even if we win our 8th round, so going 2-0 this round is nice

Greedy Gus | Nasty Needle | Pro Politico | Sudden Setback | Fixed Formula | Gus Frenzies
Old March 23rd, 2007, 17:32   #7
Marcus Ferret
Incorrigible Raisu

SoF Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robus
We're now on 15 points, with round 8 giving us a chance of being able to finish top 32. I'm thinking there will be a signficiant amount of luck involved too.

There are some pretty average team who we could draw. But we could also get someone like [OUT], [QQ], [FFs], [dV] - who will be slightly more difficult than we'd like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnrose
I wish we'd been playing like this during the first two rounds. I'm very confident we'd have won against PUG. Of course, that would have changed our match-ups in subsequent rounds, so playing "what if" from there isn't productive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedy
Tiebreaker is going to be tight even if we win our 8th round, so going 2-0 this round is nice
Time for a Victrix Karaoke Session!!!

Whichever team Victrix faces in the next round, you've all done a great job. Will be rooting for you guys to make it into the last 32, but even if it is a bridge too far, V has come a long way so be proud and know that you have what it takes to go all the way...

O... Tubthumping time^^

Marcus Ferret [R] l Jade Felicity Rose [W] l Divine Azure Rose [M] l Xavier Light [Rit] l Crystal Autumn Rose [W] PvP l Spicy Asia [D] PvP l

'War tends to separate the weak from the strong... Peace separates us from reality... In life, we shall encounter our personal battles... In death, we discover peace...' ~ J. Marcus (1972-20??)

Last edited by Marcus Ferret; March 23rd, 2007 at 20:22.
Old March 23rd, 2007, 17:32   #8
Robus
no alarms n no surprises

Retired Victrix Members

Send a message via AIM to Robus Send a message via MSN to Robus Send a message via Skype™ to Robus
the fact NAP beat OUT helps us too - we need to keep track of how the others are doing for us too ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Ferret
Time for a Victrix Karaoke Session!!!

i am so pumped right now

yesitsrob.8054

Last edited by Robus; March 23rd, 2007 at 17:33. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old March 23rd, 2007, 18:37   #9
Marillion Bloodbane
Adept Tyrian

Tor Ambassadors

Go Victrix! A win is still a win no matter how you slice it. The fact is, even though you guys might think you played poorly in the beginning of the first match you didn't fall apart. You pulled it together and knuckled down to get the win! I can really respect that. That still shows team discipline and will help you deal with similar situations in the future. Thanks for the report as always Rob.

Edit....Dang, that song is going to be in my head all day now!!

How about this video, similar vein. Just ignore the L337 speaker text that starts it off and the uber game skillz...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjAZ6...elated&search=

The Torrencians [Tor]
IGN: Marillion Bloodbane

Last edited by Marillion Bloodbane; March 23rd, 2007 at 18:59.
Old March 23rd, 2007, 22:20   #10
Navis
Human Being

SoF Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tap
Druid's Map?

Only noobs use that.
I remember watching a great match between LoL and WM (or was it EvIL?) on Druid's. I think it was during the first world championship...

A lot of movement, it was a very fun to watch game.

Haven't seen many top 10 matches on this map since then...

GW1: [Mo] Navis Atsukau | [A] Navis Swift | [Rt] Navis Seishin | [W] Sivan Star|[R] Anakha Akbar | [E] Guilwin Gray | [N] Moneva Myganne | [Me] Minala Mekhar | [P] Ilana Sloda | [D] Yaros Sloda
GW2: [W] Navis Swift | [En] Sivan Sokka | [G] Sivan Star | [Me] Navis Ciaran | Navis.1486
Old March 23rd, 2007, 22:42   #11
Neo
Uberness Reborn

Victrix Officers

Someone needs to arm their sarcasm detector.

Facet.5914 || Archon | Scion | Aspect | Aura | Facet of Uberness
Old March 23rd, 2007, 22:48   #12
Navis
Human Being

SoF Emeritus

Oh, I saw the saracsm!
I just wanted to bring up an old memory, that maybe other members share with me
But still, I've seen a lot more frozen isle, imperial, burning, ... than druid's on tournament games after this first world championship.

GW1: [Mo] Navis Atsukau | [A] Navis Swift | [Rt] Navis Seishin | [W] Sivan Star|[R] Anakha Akbar | [E] Guilwin Gray | [N] Moneva Myganne | [Me] Minala Mekhar | [P] Ilana Sloda | [D] Yaros Sloda
GW2: [W] Navis Swift | [En] Sivan Sokka | [G] Sivan Star | [Me] Navis Ciaran | Navis.1486
Old March 23rd, 2007, 23:02   #13
Tap
Devotee Jade Sea

Retired Victrix Members

lol that's an inside joke for us; whenever Druid's map loads, the noob accusations start.

Odd...I didn't know there were other maps besides Jade and Burning and Druid's?
Old March 24th, 2007, 02:07   #14
Rush
Father of Two

SoF Members

Send a message via AIM to Rush Send a message via Yahoo to Rush
Sorry to hear that it was more difficult in the beginning than it should've been. Still great news though that you guys pulled it off and are on to the next round. Best of luck to all of you and we're holding our breath in anticipation of hearing you make the 'Sweet 16'!

Keep up the fantastic work and we're all proud of you guys. As was said, consider where you guys have come from and where you are now. That proves that you guys are uber enough... even if some of you are still noobs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test View Post
Ask him for a disertation on the air speed velocity of a swallow carrying a coconut. That will stump him.