Go Back   Servants of Fortuna Forums > Victrix > GvG Reports
Register Roster Forum Members Calendar Arcade Chat Mark Forums Read

Old March 19th, 2007, 03:10   #1
Robus
no alarms n no surprises

Retired Victrix Members

Send a message via AIM to Robus Send a message via MSN to Robus Send a message via Skype™ to Robus
Victrix Match Report - 18 March 2007

Just done our tournament matches today. Here's the report, I'll try and do them a bit more detailed than normal since there are only 2... or are there 3!? .

Spirits of War [SoW] - Round 6 CT Match 1

We were the first to challenge, meaning we would be fighting on the map of their choice first. We had heard they had run a hex build so made the following changes to our build.

Hex Breaker for Remedy Signet on Warrior
Purge Signet for Return on Monk

So! The match loads, we were assuming it would be Jade Isle, and not at all to our surprise it was! However, what we didn't expect was the build they were running. Something like this....

Paragon w/ Expel Hexes
Paragon
Paragon
Ritualist with Weapons (including Splinter Weapon)
Ritualist that spammed Spirits
2 Stand Monks (running Divine Boon and Offering of Spirit)
1 SoD Monk

Someone might want to remind me of the other elites. Their build had a significant amount of pressure and a spike somewhere.

Needless to say we were at a pretty horrible build disadvantage, they had a solid 8v8 build with a crap load of defense.

We started the match fighting 8v8, but we knew we'd struggle to break them any time soon. Taelith and Gus eventually went to split. They cleared out quite a few archers and delayed the flag runner to get us to max morale. They were later forced out of the base and collapsed to the flag stand. At this stage we built up a LOT of pressure on their stand team and forced them to retreat scoring numerous backline kills in the process.

When they ressed they pushed us again, we had to retreat off the bridge so splinter weapon didn't completely slaughter us. We fought them 8v8 again while Taelith was sneaky and killed their bodyguard. We again outpressured them at the stand forcing them back into retreat where they stayed till VoD.

They had something like 2 archers remaining, we had every single NPC. Though we were clearly at an advantage now we still worrited somewhat. Our NPCs wouldn't be too happy vs their Splinter Weapon, and even at VoD their defense was signficant. With the help of our frontline NPCs we were able to push them hard, scoring many kills after the 22 minute mark, which allowed us to kill their Lord before the 24 minute res.

Spirits of War [SoW] - Round 6 CT Match 2

We now had the choice of map, and believed we'd probably got the toughest match out of the way and that we were still in the driving seat. We dropped the hex breaker on a warrior.

Not surprisingly this meant they ran hexes >_> with a recall split (They had a pretty good idea we were running druids). At the start of the match Gus and Tae thwarted their gank attempt by killing and stealing their guy carrying the seed. After this Gus and Tae went on a mission clearing their base. come VoD they would be left with zero npcs. awesome.

Lag sort of ruined the match. We had JMS, Gus, Tumi, lag - so more than once Gus fought through many a necro curse in frenzy while our monks skills were blinking. Nice.

They also suffered from lag too though, wasn't just us, though I don't think they lost both monks :|. We held them at the entrance of our base till VoD... at which stage we were pressuring them anyway into retreat. When VoD hit they were already suffering, and the extra damage definitely assisted with a strong wipe. This was way before the 22 minute mark giving us more than enough time to finish off their Lord.

If anyone wants to watch this game it will be available on obs mode tonight and i can send you an invite into victrix.

_

Good game, and smart play by them I think. They used builds and maps to give them an advantage in that department, wheras we just ran what we're experienced with. So credit to us for dealing with it

GGs.

yesitsrob.8054

Last edited by Robus; March 19th, 2007 at 03:39.
Old March 19th, 2007, 04:23   #2
Rush
Father of Two

SoF Members

Send a message via AIM to Rush Send a message via Yahoo to Rush
Thanks for the extra detail this time!

Congrats on your wins this time through. Not only were they wins but you stood up to a lot of heat and gave them a run for their money... even if their builds were solid. Thats just unbelievable. Inconceivable! Once again Victrix proves their mighty resolve to continue climbing the ladder and to let no one stand in their way. GG all around to all of you... much deserved after such close and heated battles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test View Post
Ask him for a disertation on the air speed velocity of a swallow carrying a coconut. That will stump him.
Old March 19th, 2007, 05:52   #3
crugin
Reef

Forum Members

I enjoyed the match report alot! Thanks for taking the time to write it up.

If you get bored, check out MH's website at finishthedrill.net

I really like your guys website as well.
Old March 19th, 2007, 07:42   #4
Marillion Bloodbane
Adept Tyrian

Tor Ambassadors

Thanks so much for taking the time to do these Rob. I really do look forward to these after your matches. Go Victrix go!

The Torrencians [Tor]
IGN: Marillion Bloodbane
Old March 19th, 2007, 09:23   #5
Marcus Ferret
Incorrigible Raisu

SoF Members

If the match is still on obs Rob, pop Jade an invite please as we've got a build that is lacking in hex removals so it would be educational to see how it's dealt with. Learnt quite a bit from the GdR and GENI match the previous night but if you guys fought and won through huge lag spikes even though it was against a rank 500+, it would still be an interesting watch - not to mention that we're more likely to face a team around that rank than what you guys had the previous night...hehe

Thank you and gratzzz^^

=> Invite has been covered by Gus. Thanks again and all the best with the coming matches guys.^^

Marcus Ferret [R] l Jade Felicity Rose [W] l Divine Azure Rose [M] l Xavier Light [Rit] l Crystal Autumn Rose [W] PvP l Spicy Asia [D] PvP l

'War tends to separate the weak from the strong... Peace separates us from reality... In life, we shall encounter our personal battles... In death, we discover peace...' ~ J. Marcus (1972-20??)

Last edited by Marcus Ferret; March 19th, 2007 at 11:18.
Old March 19th, 2007, 09:56   #6
Empedocles
On High Carb Atkins

SoF Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robus
If anyone wants to watch this game it will be available on obs mode tonight and i can send you an invite into victrix.
Not that this is a request but merely a suggestion: perhaps someone could Frap some of your better games? I think we've got hosting ability here for a few videos, do we Beqx?
Old March 19th, 2007, 11:41   #7
Arya Nibelrund
Hai! Where aer Mudkips???

SoF Emeritus

Send a message via MSN to Arya Nibelrund
Looks like they were quite better than what their current rank says.

Arya Nibelrund W/x | Arya Plays Teh Monk Mo/x PvP | Stella Lorelai Mo/x | Aurora Manstein R/x | Summer Eldalie Me/x
Old March 19th, 2007, 11:51   #8
Ajil Ixal
Advanced Shiverpeaks

SoF Members

Good job all around - kep up the good work and the good reports.

DoG Ambassador & Officer
GW1: Ajil Ixal GW2: Ajil Ixal.7231
(Main Characters)
Old March 19th, 2007, 13:14   #9
Robus
no alarms n no surprises

Retired Victrix Members

Send a message via AIM to Robus Send a message via MSN to Robus Send a message via Skype™ to Robus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Nibelrund
Looks like they were quite better than what their current rank says.
Not really, we managed to kill all their NPCs on Jade Isle in a build that contained 6 or so defensive characters (including an SoD monk runner). They tried to out build us more than out play us, which is truly understandable - it was very smart of them. I think we were quite content with relying on our actual ability to outplay them though.

Jade Isle match was hard.

The second match come VoD there was only really going to be one winner. They had a _very_ weak VoD build.

yesitsrob.8054
Old March 19th, 2007, 14:23   #10
Nuxie
recidivist rogue

Retired Victrix Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robus
At the start of the match Gus and Tae thwarted their gank attempt by killing and stealing their guy carrying the seed.
Their ability to carry both the seed and the guy holding it was amazing. We're outside your base, stealing your doodz!

Seriously, getting the seed and being able to play the match without having to worry about being ganked made the first part a lot easier. However, when the Lag Wars (TM) hit and we got pushed into our base, it kept us from having an escape/flag capping route, which let SOW get some morale to work off the DP we'd put on them.

Scream In Braille, P | Ryanne Lynnrose, R | Perpetual Deja Vu, E | I Bent My Wookie (PvP) | Perpetual Caffeine (PvP)
Old May 22nd, 2008, 06:06   #11
Osiris
Dormant

SoF Members

Send a message via AIM to Osiris
We got another one Beqx
Old May 22nd, 2008, 20:14   #12
Robus
no alarms n no surprises

Retired Victrix Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
We got another one Beqx
whut?

yesitsrob.8054
Old May 22nd, 2008, 20:34   #13
Beqxter
No time for fuglies.

SoF Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Beqxter
We've been plagued by spambots lately. I've been deleting their messages.

Beqxter Rawls || Boom Boom Charlie || Brother Beqxter || Kate Beqxinsale
Beqxter Puzzycat || Cassandra Beqx || Dead Beqxy
Tyrannosaurus Beqx || Beqxa Bimkubwa || Gloria Beqxaltation
Old May 22nd, 2008, 22:04   #14
Nuxie
recidivist rogue

Retired Victrix Members

I Am Not A Spambot!!!!!one11!!!!!

I can has no question to ask?

Scream In Braille, P | Ryanne Lynnrose, R | Perpetual Deja Vu, E | I Bent My Wookie (PvP) | Perpetual Caffeine (PvP)
Old May 22nd, 2008, 22:15   #15
Empedocles
On High Carb Atkins

SoF Emeritus

This thread reminds me, Robus is the Lee Sharpe of GW.