Go Back   Servants of Fortuna Forums > Victrix > GvG Reports
Register Roster Forum Members Calendar Arcade Chat Mark Forums Read

Old March 6th, 2007, 06:05   #1
Robus
no alarms n no surprises

Retired Victrix Members

Send a message via AIM to Robus Send a message via MSN to Robus Send a message via Skype™ to Robus
Victrix Match Report - 05 March 2007

It's The Eye Of The Tiger (-2) ~rank 140

Rit Spike. We drew them on Burning Isle and knew we were at a disadvantage from the start because Anet needs to learn to fix their goddamn game. We failed to split on them hard enough - which we probably could have done better - but with all the defense they had they could afford to send back an actual stand monk. Much like We Hate Pve [PvE] they fail at the game - I was considering going all Crugin on them, but we just pretended it didn't happen. Rit Spike is broken, fix.
_

We Are Using The Internet [AOL] (+2) ~rank 170? <- LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

These guys were running the new school Euro Spike - consisting of a D/A, a W/A, and 3 Mesmers - the mesmers pretty much spammed diversion and spiked. We took a few deaths to their spike but were quite capable of breaking them fast. We got a very strong NPC advantage, that said our NPCs cried a bit against the 2 or 3 energy surges they carried. JMS was lagged like hell and still pretty good on the infuse. We also got multiple morale boosts, quite early on by pushing their flagger - them capping also caused them to break to our pressue a couple of times.
_

Thousand Tigers Apund Ur Head [Ttgr] (+3) rank 70 (wow they can farm on jade isle)

We also had a pretty good idea of what these guys were running, a crap load of Fire Eles and some moronic Paragon build that causes Deep Wound. We used the knowledge that they fail at the game and that they weren't on Jade Isle against them. Taelith (our burning arrow ranger) split off the bat - they responded fantastically by sending back 2 Fire Elementalist and a Flag Stand Monk (genius) - while Taelith ended up getting cremated, the 4 they left at the stand were quickly stomped to the ground. We probably took a few deaths, maybe... but the boosts were were getting and the DP we were getting on their flag stand (who liked to ball up in wards vs our frozen burst elementalist) sort of made up for it... come 8 minutes we had wiped 7 of their 8 members and took out some npcs - a bit later, we did the same again, oh and got the lord too. Miraculously in the match after, NUKE, Gus' ex-guild managed to lose to them. Gus, what the hell.

I know this probably sounds a bit harsh... but how guilds like this can succeed, because of a goddamn map, when they are pretty bad at the game, is quite incredible.
_

Team Truency [late] (+2) ~rank 400

Heroes, our friend Neo from GSS was playing, we sort of won. Not really worth going into detail on.
_

Dei Victorae (Unrated) rank 9

They were running an experimental hex build, being genuinely good at the game they pressured us back pretty hard, and pretty fast. The game kind of revolved around us falling back, and pushing them, occasionally threatening a split. It was difficult for us to achieve much being largely shut down by their Empathys, Price of Failures, Wreckless Hastes, yada... Sig Humility... etc... It was hard to push on them hard since if we did such they just threw humilty on LoD and poof, pressure was immense.

Hex builds are sort of weak at VoD - but as far as VoD was concerned they had most of their NPCs up, and we had a bodyguard.

Come 18:50 they started to pull out of our base. Using snares we were able to keep a lot of their guys from pulling out, and it allowed us to create a LOT of pressure on them - The map helped, a lot - playing on Druids Isle they cannot simply retreat to their NPCs because the gank threat on druids and the ability to bodyblock the vine bridge is huge.

It looked as though dV paniced about the gank, they pushed to their base via the route of our entire team and took huge amounts of damage and deaths in the process - they ressed at 22, while we were still in the process of killing a lot of their team.

Before they could stack the hexes, we scored some kills - we got them down to just their 2 monks and a sin at 23 minutes, and were able to kill them and the lord again before the Res.

yesitsrob.8054

Last edited by Robus; March 22nd, 2007 at 12:10.
Old March 6th, 2007, 06:24   #2
Skuld
Trainee Ascalon

Forum Members

I think i'll have to hire a passing emo to /slitwrists for me, because i'm so godamned lazy
Old March 6th, 2007, 06:49   #3
Robus
no alarms n no surprises

Retired Victrix Members

Send a message via AIM to Robus Send a message via MSN to Robus Send a message via Skype™ to Robus
skuld, for what it's worth, i still heart you, just not your guild.

yesitsrob.8054
Old March 6th, 2007, 07:30   #4
Empedocles
On High Carb Atkins

SoF Emeritus

Reading these makes me so much want to play.
Old March 6th, 2007, 07:36   #5
Robus
no alarms n no surprises

Retired Victrix Members

Rit Spike, Euro Spike, Jade Isle Build, and Heroes - all make you want to play?

yesitsrob.8054
Old March 6th, 2007, 07:50   #6
Racthoh
Advanced Shiverpeaks

Forum Members

Send a message via MSN to Racthoh
Gimmicks make life worth living.
Old March 6th, 2007, 07:56   #7
Empedocles
On High Carb Atkins

SoF Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robus
Rit Spike, Euro Spike, Jade Isle Build, and Heroes - all make you want to play?
Well, I have GW deprivation. Besides, it'd all be novel to me, except for Euro Spike.
Old March 6th, 2007, 11:28   #8
RTSFirebat
The Humanoid Typhoon

SoF Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empedocles
Reading these makes me so much want to play.
Yep I know how you feel Emp. My work hours always leave me finish too late, after GvG has already started. Maybe one day I will be able to join in.

Keep bring these stories to read. They are very interesting

GW1: Luna Silverwood [R] | Luna Deathbringer [D]
GW2: RTSFirebat.8509
Old March 6th, 2007, 17:39   #9
Marillion Bloodbane
Adept Tyrian

Tor Ambassadors

I watched some of Ttgr's matches yesterday. To say the least...I was very pleased to read that Victrix beat them so handily. Though I wish I would have seen that match. Ttgr were truly shameless in having a fire build that so capitalized on the Jade Isle map. I saw them get at least 4 wins in a row before I was just sick of watching. No skill needed. Just wait till the opponents were concentrated in any of the many smaller areas on that map and then take advantage of aoe with their fire spike. Rinse and repeat. Ugly...

Way to go Victrix and please keep these match reports coming!

The Torrencians [Tor]
IGN: Marillion Bloodbane
Old March 6th, 2007, 18:05   #10
Nuxie
recidivist rogue

Retired Victrix Members

I have less disdain for the Ttgr build than I do for rit spike. The former is definitely a map-driven, no-skill gimmick, but the latter is inexcusably imbalanced. Spirit rits really should be purged from the game. When ANet chose to add to their arsenal a buffed set of spike skills, that was moronic. Once the nerf bat hits, those guilds who scrubbed their way up the ladder with rit spike will resume their rightful place in the 300-500 range or will have to find some other crutch to support/hide their failure as players.

On a more positive note, I'd like to express appreciation to dV for inviting us to scrim with them. It was a hard-fought match for sure.

Scream In Braille, P | Ryanne Lynnrose, R | Perpetual Deja Vu, E | I Bent My Wookie (PvP) | Perpetual Caffeine (PvP)
Old March 6th, 2007, 19:16   #11
Almighty Zi
Ha Do Ken!

Victrix Members

Like Lynn, I'd far more prefer to run into Ttgr's spike build than the ritualist rubbish. It is a spike build but there is nothing broken about it so it's all fair game in my opinion. The only thing that I don't like (and a lot of people feel the same) is the influence of the Jade Isle - that map is just retarded and I think Anet have plans to change it. I think we were quite lucky to face them on our map (yay for not ladder farming) as we certainly would have been at a disadvantage facing them on their home map (Jade Isle).

With regards to spike builds, they are fair game (so long as you don't abuse anything broken *cough lamentation cough*) and you should play them from time to time so that you can learn how best to beat them and perhaps have something up your sleeve for tourney matches. What I don't get is guilds that use them consistently to farm the ladder because it is meaningless. Ok, you get to say that your guild is rank x or whatever but deep down these guys must know that their rating doesn't reflect their skill at the game but instead just shows how adept they are at counting down from three and using their skills all at the same time (oh, and choosing a map that gives them an advantage from the start). So much of guild wars now comes down to builds and map choice that it leaves the ladder wide open to farming and therefore I put little credence in guild rank as an indication of the players' skill.

Jun Zi / Hex And The City
Old March 6th, 2007, 22:18   #12
Racthoh
Advanced Shiverpeaks

Forum Members

Send a message via MSN to Racthoh
Well once they decide to release this miracle update that they already have apparently, hopefully that garbage will be dealt with (along with BoA/Sp, and we can always hope soul reaping will be fixed).
Old March 7th, 2007, 08:50   #13
Skuld
Trainee Ascalon

Forum Members

hehe, peace.

If anything its proof that the SF nerf was poor, which everyone knew already, i'm hoping for a nerf too
Old March 22nd, 2007, 12:11   #14
Robus
no alarms n no surprises

Retired Victrix Members

lol, bump for comical reason - namely the AOL guild. I knew I'd written a report where we pretty much stomped them but had failed to list it on the links.

yesitsrob.8054

Last edited by Robus; March 22nd, 2007 at 12:16.
Old March 23rd, 2007, 00:17   #15
Almighty Zi
Ha Do Ken!

Victrix Members

Erm, you should mention that AOL is one of iQ's smurf guilds. I'm not sure if this is one of their more serious tourney build testing guilds or whether it's one of their 'fun' guilds.

Lynn - ask Ensign, you PvE together.

Jun Zi / Hex And The City