Go Back   Servants of Fortuna Forums > Public > SoF Applications
Register Roster Forum Members Calendar Arcade Chat Mark Forums Read

Old December 9th, 2015, 09:14   #1
Sound_And_The_Fury
Reef

SoF Members

Application: Sound And The Fury

Hi there!

1. How did you hear about SoF, and what made you want to join?
I put up a LFGUILD on the offical forums and WetWookie replied

2. What is your age (or age range) and in which time zone do you live?
35 - I live in +10 GMT, Australia

3. What (online) gaming experience do you have?
I played GW1 quite a bit. I also played Vanguard but didn't get far past lvl 35 or so from bugs and what not. Still, both great games.

4. Describe your GW2 experience (eg, Do you have HoT? How many level 80 characters do you have? How is your time split between PvE, WvW, and PvP activities? Any other specifics to share?)
I own HoT, I have 2 lvl 80 characters in exotics: Necro and Guardian. I mainly PvE but need some PvP and WvW for my legendary. Happy to join guild mates in WvW or PvP, dungeons etc,. I like to help others do quests, world bosses, events or whatever. Mostly I solo as my brother has stopped playing - I'm also right at the end of getting my first legendary (Sunrise) but am stopped by lack of dungeon players and no WvW experience.

5. Is Yak’s Bend your home world? If not, would you be willing to make it your home world?
It's not, but yes, I'd be happy to change if I find the guild great fun.

6. Have you contributed to the GW2 community through GW2 Wiki, Yaks Bend.com, or some other GW2 forum?
I haven't actually done much with GW2, I used to post on the necro forums and farming forums on GWO and Guru for GW1 but that was a few years ago now. I was big into N/Mo farming UW and FoW and helped find some good tactics after nerfs etc,.

7. Tell us more about yourself and why you would be a good fit for SoF!! (hint: creativity counts!)
I think if you'd like a laid back, non-controversial player from Australia. Then you'll like to have me around. I'm the type of person who always does pres and portals in World Bosses. Rez people in Jormag. Joins teams and stomps holes in Teq and never to busy to help others. (That's why I'm studying to be a school teacher!). I like to keep up with GW2 gossip as well. so I read reddit and the official forums often.
Sound_And_The_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2015, 09:29   #2
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

Welcome to the Forums.

GW2: Bunter.3795
If life gives you melons, you're probably dyslexic.
"More Stuff, Stuff. More Stuff, Stuffy, Stuff!" - the wise skritt.
Bunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2015, 13:24   #3
WetWookie
Needs a towel...

SoF Councillors

Welcome to the forums

Someone who does pre events?! I thought people like that were a myth like the chupacabra, big foot and people who like Nickleback. I think being a mythical creature should award bonus points!

Thanks for posting an application. We'll have an update for you shortly.

WetWookie.1687
WetWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2015, 13:36   #4
WetWookie
Needs a towel...

SoF Councillors

Can you please post your account or one of your character names in case we need to contact you in game?

WetWookie.1687
Old December 10th, 2015, 22:22   #5
Sound_And_The_Fury
Reef

SoF Members

Sure thing,

Sound And the Fury

Is my character and account name
Sound_And_The_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2015, 02:46   #6
Velvet
Den Mother

SoF Councillors

Hey there Sound! Can I call you "Sound" for short, or do you want me to include the Fury part?

Welcome to the forums and nice to see you here!

So, tell us about your play times - you are from Australia, but will we see you in-game during US or EU prime time hours sometimes?

Vel

GW1: Velvet Darkshadow (N)~Lily Goldenrod (Rit)~Neysa Pearldrop (Mo)~Syrenia Longbow (R)~Calypso Dragonheart (W)~
Melodie Dewshine (E)~Darien Archangel (P)~Paige Diamond (D)~Velvet of Fortuna (PvP)
GW2: Velvet.8610
Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2015, 03:36   #7
WetWookie
Needs a towel...

SoF Councillors

It is my pleasure to inform you that the Council has reviewed your application and you have been progressed to Stage 2: In-Game Trialing. This means that you have been sent a guild invite and someone will move you into the Recruit rank once you have accepted. You'll remain there for just a little while as we get to know you and make sure that you are indeed a good fit for our mature guild and are NOT in fact three 8 year olds stacked on top of each other under a trenchcoat. That being said you are free to move about the cabin and get to know everyone in your new family. Welcome aboard!

WetWookie.1687