Go Back   Servants of Fortuna Forums > Guild Wars 2 > GW2 Talk
Register Roster Forum Members Calendar Arcade Chat Mark Forums Read

Old November 2nd, 2015, 02:43   #1
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

Guild Hall Materials

The upgrading of a guild hall is an enormous undertaking and requires lots of materials. The variety of materials is staggering but some items come to forefront in their need.

- Flax: Flax is a new gathering node introduced for HoT. It generates Piles of Flax seed. The Flax seed is refined into linseed oil and from there the linssed oil is used to craft empty kegs another guild hall item. Gather every node you see. Don't worry about refining it unless you want to but if you do I'd leave it in the oil form as that is needed in and by itself and as a component to the empty kegs.

- Milling stone: Another new item which is used to refine the flax seed and is used in large numbers.

- Coarse Sand: The Drytop and Silverwastes maps introduced Silky Sand. The silky used to be an item you would double click and get geodes, keys, etc. Now it refines more often into coarse sand when you double click on it. The coarse sand is used to craft glass mugs which are an item needed for the guild hall.

- Ley Line Sparks: Weapons smith level 400 had a recipe to craft Ley Line infused Tools. These tools are used to upgrade the mine and the mine is the key component of all upgrades. The guild hall mine produces aetherium and is needed all but the very basic of upgrades. Aetherium is generated at the rate of (1) aetherium every minute and the smallest I've seen for an upgrade is 500. Sparks are an account bound item and are combined with Charged Crystals and bloodstone dust to make the tools.

- Elder Wood: The upgrades will go though a lot of elder wood planks. Gather every cypress and palm sapling you see please.

- Mithril ore: We will need a lot of this in addition to the elder wood. It is found in HoT as mithril nodes and we will need a lot of it.

- Any item dropped in HoT: Basically any item dropped in Hot will be needed at some point, some will be account bound and some not. Please save it all or put it in the guild bank.

- Almost every item in the game will be needed. I've seen need for green wood, carrots, potatoes, bank express consumables and there are a few upgrades that require watchwork portal devices. Please gather as much as you can, it will make it easier to upgrade the hall.

Some may question the ability to donate soul bound or account bound items. There is a new NPC that comes with a guild hall who will accept donations from people and these include soul bound items. He is called the Guild Treasurer.

Once we get the basic hall, I'll be glad to go over the upgrade and donation process with anyone. It's a neat system and while not hard is fairly extensive.

There are a number of farms in HoT. I've found one for flax. If you would like directions to it, look me up in game and I'll be glad to show it to you. (Glider mastery is sort of required, it's a long drop.)

GW2: Bunter.3795
If life gives you melons, you're probably dyslexic.
"More Stuff, Stuff. More Stuff, Stuffy, Stuff!" - the wise skritt.
Bunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2015, 20:41   #2
Oracle
Grand Master

SoF Founders

Happy to donate pretty much all the mats I have to this. I should be able to get online this weekend (don't have expansion yet, nor have I set up my pc - but should be able to set it up at the weekend I hope).

GW2: Oracle.2134

'A' is for ASURA <3
Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2015, 10:45   #3
Greyhart
Fierce Echovald

SoF Members

unsurprisingly it is a large download. I didn't find it too bad but then I just left the computer too it whilst I did other things.
Old November 7th, 2015, 11:08   #4
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

I liquidated the runes and sigils we had in the guild bank since they had been there for ages and we will need the space for materials for the guild hall. I also mystic forged all the level 20 marks we had and then sold the doubloons I got from it. All told it netted the guild 60g more for upgrades. I believe this will allow us to have the merchant and repair station in the guild hall right away.

Old November 9th, 2015, 01:51   #5
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

With the claiming of the hall today, we need donations from everyone for the materials. Especially Flax seed, flax fiber, coarse sand, milling stones and pigments. We will also have a huge demand for elder wood logs and mithril ore. Please deposit anything you'd like to donate in the treasure trove section of the guild bank.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask whether I'm repping SoF or not, I'd be happy to answer them.

There is an 8 node flax farm near the starting waypoint in Verdant Brink, if you need/want directions to it, please ask, I'll be happy to show it to you.

Old December 11th, 2015, 07:28   #6
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

We are now stuck for upgrades. even with our slow pace of aetherium and favor gain, we have now hit a spot where we cannot complete an upgrade due to lack of materials.

Please check the mine NPC and look at the "mine expansion 2" upgrade, we really need those materials. They include 6 silverwaste shovels and 7-18 slot leather bags. This will allow us to get to the next level of aetherium capacity which is needed for most of the next tier of upgrades including the full restoration of all the buildings.

Please do your daily pvp achievements, we really need the potions of pvp reward you get by doing them. A number of upgrades, including but not limited to the arena require these and they are fairly easy to acquire. If you not sure how to complete the dailies or want the easy way to get them done, look me up and I'll go over it with you. Besides the pvp potions, you can activate a pvp reward track and get loot while doing the pvp dailies. This can include the maguuma wastes reward track which is a great source of geodes and silky sand.

Old December 29th, 2015, 18:33   #7
relt
truant

SoF Members

Bunter, do you have the next few upgrades planned out? Obviously we can talk to the treasurer to see what we need to donate for all the things we can complete, but it'd be helpful to know what to prioritize. I've got a fair amount of random stuff and I want to help as much as I can, but I'm still working on my own characters and can't just dump everything.

Thanks for all you've done with the guild hall!

GW: Relt Dragcar R/ GW2: relt.6189
relt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2015, 18:43   #8
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

Since we are not a wvw or pvp dedicated guild, the next upgrades are really up in the air. I've been doing upgrades that fit one of two categories 1) They've been fully funded through donations or 2) I can fairly easily complete the donations. A lot of them have been in the second category.

I would recommend that we work on the second restoration of the various buildings with the workshop and market being the first two of the 5.

Old December 29th, 2015, 19:00   #9
Greyhart
Fierce Echovald

SoF Members

I've built up a bit of that sandy stuff we need that right?
Old December 30th, 2015, 03:43   #10
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

Coarse sand is needed, it has to be refined into crystal mugs but if you don't have a jeweler able to do so, put it in the guild bank and I'll take care of it.

Old January 29th, 2016, 12:22   #11
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

Everyone please save your essence of luck that you get during the time the dragon festival is open (ends FEB 9th). You can talk to the npc next to the guild bank in the hall and purchase red lanterns for the hall, they are used as mats to build some very nice decorations in the hall (see the arch next to the npc, it uses 15 of the lanterns).

The Npc takes them no matter what rarity, just requires 400 luck per color so 40 blue, 8 green, 4 yellow or 2 gold per lantern. As long as your repping SoF the purchases will go into the SoF guild storage and allow any SoF scribe to make them into the arches, firecrackers, ram statues or other various decorations.

Please hit me up in game if you have any questions,

Bunter

Old February 2nd, 2016, 09:53   #12
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

Couple of Notes:

1) I finished off the last of the tavern rewards. The boost you get from the tavern is now either 10% or 20% depending on the boost (ie. MF and XP are 10% while crafting and harvesting are 20%) Remember they are free to apply and should be refreshed now that the boost is at max strength. The last boost was the pvp reward track boost.

2) I finished off the sabotage depot upgrade and changed the gmotd to the new upgrade which is the guild decorations merchant I. We still will need Coarse Sand, flax seed, jute, along with green and elder wood. Coarse Sand, Flax Seed and Elder wood planks are needed in large quantities.

3) On this coming Sunday (Feb 7), we will upgrade the next building in the guild hall just before we start the guild missions. Please be in the hall at 7pm server so we can do the upgrade with everyone there. There is a short cinematic with this upgrade and it's only showable this once. We'll do the upgrade a little after 7pm server to allow people time but we can't wait too long. Please join us.

4) In my previous post, I mentioned the red lanterns, thank you to all of you that have donated them, We've got the arches made with them in the hall and a few of the lanterns hung up as well. Keep purchasing them for the essence of luck as they will go away on/after Feb 9th.

5) Don't forget the nodes in the hall. They reset each day at reset and you get 6 hits on each of the wood and ore nodes and 2 hits on each of the plant nodes.

If you have any questions, please look me up in game, I'll be glad to answer them.

Bunter

Old February 2nd, 2016, 11:06   #13
Greyhart
Fierce Echovald

SoF Members

Not been in game for a while. So there are harvesting nodes in the guild hall. Interesting.
Old February 5th, 2016, 09:30   #14
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

I finished off both the mining rate increase and the guild decorations merchant I last night. We're now working on the scribing: Chilling Fog from the war room.

Besides the normal flax seed and coarse sand need, we now have a huge need for elder wood planks.

Old February 5th, 2016, 23:20   #15
relt
truant

SoF Members

Thanks everyone that has donated and helped out! I already said this, but not having played regularly for a while, I don't have a ton of stuff lying around just waiting to be donated--but there's definitely some. We seem to have a LOT of materials waiting with the treasurer, which is awesome, and I've really enjoyed contributing where I can. It took ArenaNet a while to implement Guild Halls, but I have to say, I'm pleased with what they've delivered, even if they aren't perfect. I can't make the Sunday events (which is a bummer), but this has been one way for me to feel more connected to the guild. And I really appreciate that.

So yeah, I guess this is where this is going: Thanks for the great community here! It's been a true pleasure being a part of it, and I guess helping out with the Hall is one way of showing that.

GW: Relt Dragcar R/ GW2: relt.6189
relt is offline   Reply With Quote