Go Back   Servants of Fortuna Forums > Guild Wars 2 > GW2 Talk
Register Roster Forum Members Calendar Arcade Chat Mark Forums Read

Old April 25th, 2015, 19:36   #1
Oracle
Grand Master

SoF Founders

Specialization Overhaul

I really don't get this. Too complicated for my frazzled brain these days . Did read a bit on Reddit and the website but I am really not clear about it.

There is a total overhaul of specializations and elites coming.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/new...-one-a-primer/

and

https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/new...ecializations/

GW2: Oracle.2134

'A' is for ASURA <3
Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2015, 07:57   #2
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

I've giving up on Anet's ability to know what they are doing. The last big reveal said that leveling past 80 would not give skill points and instead would give mastery points and that extra skill point content was going to be added to compensate for the reduced skill point acquisition. Now they've said they are completely removing skill points. Huh?

I have every skill and trait unlocked on my level 80 characters but what I read into this new system is that I may have to do map completion (at least the skill or "hero" challenges) to fully gear my characters in the completely new trait and skill system. Talk about grind.

Excess skill points are going to be turned into some kind of currency usable in the mystic forge in place of the skill point used now.

WvW players are once again being punished by not being able to completely gear out their characters by playing entirely within their chosen game mode. You play spvp? Great, before you whine about having to do pve to unlock the new content, here, we'll give you all the unlocks for free, we wouldn't want you to have to leave Heart of the Mists. Pve player, well this new content is all pve but we've recently removed the WvW requirement from map completion because we know leaving pve land and pressing a button other than one is hard. WvW player, you fool. We don 't care about your game mode, in order to fully unlock all the new trait and skill systems (specializations, etc) you have to leave your preferred method of playing and go pve. Guess they forgot about the original hype about being able to fully stay within your chosen game mode and being able to fully outfit your character.

This whole specialization/trait revamp is just a repackaging of the NPE and current trait system into one. They've upped the amount of unlocks per level to make it look like you're actually getting something when you level but it's still the same system, you get what they want you to get when they want you to get it. The number of actual build variant is being drastically reduced as you'll now only be able to put points into 3 trait lines rather than the current 5. Instead of the 6 minor or major traits, you'll only get to pick from 3. Sure you'll be given an extra grandmaster trait in the third line but who says it's going to be useful. I have a number of builds where even though I've put 6 points in a line, I use two master level traits instead of a grandmaster trait but in the new system all those builds will be invalidated.

Note: Yeah, I'm ranting here and I'll probably still buy the expansion when it comes out but I really don't listen to the hype any more. It will probably change again before the actual release.

GW2: Bunter.3795
If life gives you melons, you're probably dyslexic.
"More Stuff, Stuff. More Stuff, Stuffy, Stuff!" - the wise skritt.
Bunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2015, 16:43   #3
Oracle
Grand Master

SoF Founders

So many changes upcoming it seems.

I did catch the preview of The Reaper (Necro wielding GS) which looks pretty cool. Seems you can stay in death-shroud a lot longer now. I'm also a sucker for the cool looking animation/particle effects.

Full preview here: http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/b/659415548

GW2: Oracle.2134

'A' is for ASURA <3
Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2015, 12:39   #4
Greyhart
Fierce Echovald

SoF Members

So the test weekends have been out. any thoughts on this?