Go Back   Servants of Fortuna Forums > Guild Wars 2 > GW2 Talk
Register Roster Forum Members Calendar Arcade Chat Mark Forums Read

Old May 17th, 2014, 13:06   #1
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

PvP Reward Tracks

For those of you who don't know, in the April feature update they introduced pvp reward tracks. What you do is look at the pvp menu and you'll see various reward tracks listed. You activate one and as you particaipate in pvp you'll start to finish of the selected reward track. I believe it's working on rank points and as you rank up you pass "markers" on the 8 sections of the reward track, these "markers" reward you with various items that I've found to include obsidian shards, lodestones, mystic clovers and various loot/crafting bags.

In the case of the Balthazar track it's the Balthazar back piece. I've also completed the kryta reward track and besides receiving mystic clovers, obsidian shards and dragonite for completion it also gave me the choice of a ceremonial skin. Unfortunately it doesn't tell you if you've unlocked the skin before making the choice so you may have to use the wardrobe or collection to see which if any skins you have unlocked so you don't duplicate items (unless you want to). The skin is unlocked for your account and you are also given a consumable that allows you a free transmutation to that skin.

I'm going to start one of the dungeon reward tracks now and I'll see what is given as a reward at the end and whether it's a weapon or armor piece or some combination thereof.

As for the tracks you can switch between the active tracks and you don't lose progress as you do so.

You are given a choice of a few reward tracks when you first start out but if you've done a story mode for a dungeon since the April update you'll also have unlocked those dungeon tracks.

All in all it's not a bad way to get some pvp experience and some ok if not decent loot. Getting molten lodestones during the Balthazar track was nice.

GW2: Bunter.3795
If life gives you melons, you're probably dyslexic.
"More Stuff, Stuff. More Stuff, Stuffy, Stuff!" - the wise skritt.
Bunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2014, 12:10   #2
Crash Test
Grand Master

SoF Councillors

Cool, thanks Bunter, i probably would not have seen this for a while to come.
Old May 22nd, 2014, 18:33   #3
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

I've been progressing in the Ascalonian Catacombs reward track. At three times during the course of the trade you are rewarded with a weapon reward box. The reward box contains any one AC weapon of your choice and you can choose any of the stat combos that are available from the dungeon merchant. It's not a bad way of getting weapons and/or skins without having to do the dungeons (not that AC is hard to get a group). To unlock the reward track all you need to do is story mode for the particular dungeon you want. As the unlocks for reward tracks are account wide, you can do the dungeon on one character and then pvp on another to earn the rewards if you want.

Old May 23rd, 2014, 12:22   #4
Greyhart
Fierce Echovald

SoF Members

I often think I should do PvP but then I remember I must level characters. All must be level 80 in PvE and I can't rest until they are.
Old May 23rd, 2014, 20:35   #5
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

Actually it's best for some characters to remain sub-80. If you park a level 21-29 character at the shark-maw jumping puzzle in LA and open the puzzle chest you get a chance for silver doubloons which are going for around 1g each atm. Having a character in the low to mid 50's is good for opening champ bags as they tend to produce linen which is still a sought after commodity. For pvp, remember you don't need to be level 80 as all are scaled to the correct level, etc.

Old May 30th, 2014, 14:13   #6
Greyhart
Fierce Echovald

SoF Members

i know but it is like an itch.

Anyway no internet again due to house move