Go Back   Servants of Fortuna Forums > Guild Wars 2 > GW2 Talk
Register Roster Forum Members Calendar Arcade Chat Mark Forums Read

Old March 30th, 2014, 00:41   #16
Mysterial
Adept Tyrian

SoF Members

Using traits to do GW1 style progression is both lazy and bad for the game, IMO.

Account bound dyes isn't a surprise, since the only reason they did it the other way was an economy over gameplay decision. I do wonder if it's a good idea long term to make so many aspects of a character account bound, though. Is it really beneficial for a second, third, etc character to show no visual change or improvement throughout the game because you applied some previously unlocked skin five minutes after character creation?

Forget the armor repair costs, I care more about the "save yourself a few silver each jump to town by enduring extra loading screens" stupidity.
Old March 30th, 2014, 15:59   #17
Jenosavel
Incorrigible Raisu

SoF Emeritus

Many of us did that anyway. We have, afterall, piles and piles of non-level-80 transmutation stones with no other purpose than to maintain a look while leveling.

This way, at least, I hope we might see some more variation in looks instead of every other person that comes along using the same achievement-earned skins...

Jenosavel.1756 - Leaves and Embers

Laurel Nokomis - Ravenna Moonshadows - Agghi - Ravenna Ninemoons - Cahaoir - Aurellia Lithlanos - Khalybs Greymaw - Jeno Blindingdawn
Jenosavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2014, 13:03   #18
Greyhart
Fierce Echovald

SoF Members

The change to the loot is of course a concern. However the problem with MMO economies is that the supply of legal tender is not limited.

Therefore they suffer from inflation. I wonder if anyone has done and inflation rate calculation on GW2?

this problem always results in casual players being less well off than hardcore players. that however is only right.

As long as the there isn't a major imbalance I am fine with it.

If I am not happy well I'd say I've had my monies worth out of the game.
Old April 2nd, 2014, 21:57   #19
Oracle
Grand Master

SoF Founders

Thumbs up Megaserver is coming

Sounds promising.

Quote:
We’re down to the last major feature to announce in our upcoming April 15 Feature Pack, and it’s a pretty huge one: we’re making it easier to play with your friends on every PvE map, regardless of home world! By restructuring the relationship between players and worlds, we’re changing our server system to connect you with the people who will best benefit your social experience in PvE...

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/i...server-system/

GW2: Oracle.2134

'A' is for ASURA <3
Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2014, 17:04   #20
Greyhart
Fierce Echovald

SoF Members

I take it the mega server thing will mean that guild influence will come from any server rather than the home server.

fingers crossed
Old April 4th, 2014, 04:53   #21
Jenosavel
Incorrigible Raisu

SoF Emeritus

Quote:
For players in guilds, the world your account uses as its home world is the same world that will receive your guild influence. That system has not changed (for now).
Emphasis on that for now.

Jenosavel.1756 - Leaves and Embers

Laurel Nokomis - Ravenna Moonshadows - Agghi - Ravenna Ninemoons - Cahaoir - Aurellia Lithlanos - Khalybs Greymaw - Jeno Blindingdawn
Jenosavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2014, 16:08   #22
Mysterial
Adept Tyrian

SoF Members

Was anyone else amused that when you take away the marketing-speak they basically announced "we're bringing back the GW1 districting system" ?

Curious if they'll make any effort to preserve continuity of world events, particularly in Orr.
Old April 4th, 2014, 18:58   #23
anomander
Adept Tyrian

SoF Members

After Trait and Build system and other GW1 influences the only possible next feature can be .........

Guild Halls!
anomander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2014, 19:55   #24
makkert
Black Beast of Arghhhhhhh

SoF Emeritus

*reads*
oh. progression.
good.

Account GW2: Makkert.7968 toon: makkert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test View Post
My tactic is to confuse the enemy with my superior lack of logic.
makkert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2014, 16:22   #25
Azuhra
Adept Tyrian

SoF Members

Ooooookay. Where to start?

I'm actually quite thrilled about the account locker, and the fact that it will keep both armor AND weapons skins! Its not just the ability to finally have something to match Quip (ya know, like another Quip skin?) but also that I get the Chaos Gun skin as an added bonus!

I was concerned at first about how they might handle any current skins that are free (read: Heritage Armor, Achievement weapons ect.) and then the last live stream went into that. So, those "free" skins of ours will still be free, in that they don't cost any transmutaion charges to use. So, I'd say if you were hoping for far more creativity in peoples choice of skins while leveling, you might be wrong. Free is free!

I also wondered if drop rate/type might change concerning transmutes and map clears -- sounds like these will still be map clearing rewards! Of course, it will likely be one charge to a map clear, but if its one charge I don't have to pay gems for, I'm pleased. I also like map clearing so... no real hardship there

Cost for repairs was never a real pain for me. I mean, there is the random really bad dungeon run once in a while. Oh well. Traits reset, ironically, pleases me greatly. My main is an engineer, which you all know There are lots of options on what builds to run with an engineer, and I've always been really very hesitant about exploring them. Can I say that's been because it costs silver to reset traits? No. I can say its because of inconvenience. By the time I track down the trainer and then reset my traits, I may as well keep running what I have. Now, to do it on the fly anywhere I want (out of combat) I might feel more adventurous. Bomb kit, anyone?

And then there was the mega sever. Well. You know, I'll need to see this in action. Having the world bosses on timers due to this could be a good or bad thing. I know when to look for them at least, the train will be on a schedule. With the understanding that the megaserver is launching just in city maps and starter zones, I wonder that I'll see a great difference? I'm more interested to see if this might improve Orr when the megaserver eventually hits all maps. In any case, I'd like to see more players on a map.

This brings me to a small guild point. Considering megaserver -- how well it rolls out and what it does -- switching servers really will only effect those who are WvW players. Not that I begrudge the hardcore WvW players (you guys rock for your patience and dedication, you really do), but us casual PvE players are not under the same pressure to switch to a more populated server anymore. *Shrugs* Of course, as said, we have to see how it all works out.

So, I'd say the 15th will be an interesting day!

“But… the oozes! The oozes! And the dredge!”

Azuhra.1047 -- Elsibeth Wrenchand (Engineer), Elgrad Stonebow (Ranger), Elraan Bloodborn (Necromancer), Elea Nightshade (Mesmer), Eleeka (Warrior), Elisabet Shieldfist (Guardian)
Azuhra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2014, 19:45   #26
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

You forget the other "side effect" of the megaservers. There will no longer be a way to see if a temple or dungeon is open. This will mean that to do CoF (for example) you'll have to map to the zone (because the waypoint at the dungeon entrance will ALWAYS show as contested no matter where you are) and then see if the dungeon is open. If it isn't open, you'll not be able to guest to a server that does have it open as the ability to see which events are up/open will also be gone.

The mega server will also really create problems for the daily events in a zone completion. A lot of times I do those late at night and it's nice knowing that Yak's has a low presence during those hours and I can guest there and complete the events without somebody having done them. This will be gone in the future as the megaserver system will put you into a higher population shard unless your native shard is fairly high population. Sometimes being in a low population area is nice.

Overall I like most of the changes especially the dye and wardrobe ones. I don't like the fact that transmuting a sub-80 characters gear just went up 3x. I actually despise the megaserver system for the reasons above and the double waypoint cost to get somewhere in a zone.

GW2: Bunter.3795
If life gives you melons, you're probably dyslexic.
"More Stuff, Stuff. More Stuff, Stuffy, Stuff!" - the wise skritt.
Bunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2014, 18:13   #27
Mysterial
Adept Tyrian

SoF Members

Also on megaservers, they answered my question "Curious if they'll make any effort to preserve continuity of world events, particularly in Orr" with NO. Sad. That was the only area that even came close to living up to their prerelease claims about events.
Old April 14th, 2014, 12:49   #28
Greyhart
Fierce Echovald

SoF Members

I really don't know what to make of the megaserver thing.

As I have mainly been about levelling up to 80 I've never spent massive amount of time on higher maps, or worried about doing X Y or Z to earn rare stuff.

The megaserver is going to impact on high end efficiency, but equally might mean that temples etc will be open more often as there is a steady population rather than a fluctuating one.

Also given they are only releasing it for low levels to start with they have time to address these types of issues if they can find a solution.

Anyway the 15th April release has made me interested in playing the game again. Time however has not been helpful in facilitating this.
Old April 14th, 2014, 23:16   #29
Oracle
Grand Master

SoF Founders

Exclamation Log In Tomorrow for Free Transmutation Charges

Quote:

The April 2014 Feature Pack launches tomorrow! Among the many exciting features that we’ll be introducing is the account Wardrobe system, which makes it easier than ever to collect every possible look in Tyria! Through the Wardrobe, every cosmetic skin you collect will be made accessible to every character on your account.

To get you started with this new system, we’re giving away five free Transmutation Charges per account to everyone who logs in between the launch of the Feature Pack and 11:59 p.m. PT Wednesday, April 16! Visit the Promotions tab in the Gem Store to check out this and other offers!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/l...ation-charges/

GW2: Oracle.2134

'A' is for ASURA <3
Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2014, 09:12   #30
Greyhart
Fierce Echovald

SoF Members

Well log in for my free stuff.

Think I'll be holding on to the unidentified dyes as I think they are going to go up in price once the supply runs low.