Go Back   Servants of Fortuna Forums > Public > SoF Applications
Register Roster Forum Members Calendar Arcade Chat Mark Forums Read

Old February 15th, 2014, 23:03   #1
irundis
Reef

SoF Members

Applicaition

1. Why do you want to join SoF over other guilds?
I have been a part of many guilds, but they always died out. Even more recently, Yum had a big server switch for most of it's members being apart of One. Azuhra has been a friend of mine on here for well over a year, and I know she has consistently stayed with you guys. I know if she is happy here, I can find somewhere to be welcomed at, and after reading your rules and suggestions, this a guild I could really stand behind.
2. What is your age (or age range) and in which time zone do you live?
I am 25, and on the pacific us time
3. What (online) gaming experience do you have?
I have been playing GW2 for over a year, played WoW back in the day for a good minute, and have tried multiple different ones, but GW2 is still the favorite.... maybe for not having a subscription. lol
4. How is your time distributed among different PvE, WvW, and PvP activities?
PvE HEAVY!!! I do a lot of dungeons, fotm, world events, and sometimes, just run around and look at the scenery. I enjoy the story behind a lot of the game, and WvW/PvP doesn't supply that.... plus I kind of suck going up against people. lol
5. What is your preferred profession/role? What do you like about it? What is your style of play?
I love my warrior more than anything else I could think of in this game. I like crushing things quickly while also being able to be punched in the face and keep moving. I play very aggressive in most occasion, but I do know when to fall back and stay alive. Only way to get through fractals. lol
6. What are your in-game character names? What are their levels?
My main is irundis. A lvl 80 war. My other toons honestly, I don't even touch. I delete them from time to time to try another class out, then get bored of it and jump back on my war.
7. Is Yak’s Bend your home world? If not, would you be willing to make it your home world?
It is.
8. Have you contributed to the GW2 community through GW2 Wiki, Yaks Bend.com, or some other GW2 forum?
No. Though I have played, and do know some information, I still feel lacking and always asking questions or trying to find out answers. Dulfy and wiki are my main sources of information
9. Where did you find out about SoF? Were you recommended by an existing member? Do you already know one or more members of our guild?
yeah, Azuhra. she was an old guildmate, and when our guild died the first time, she joined your ranks. I tried to hold on a little to hard and was even around for the attempted reboot.... no go.
10. Tell us more about yourself and why you would be a good fit for SoF!!
I just really want to be a part of a guild that does things and help each other. Not a guild that has clicks and not helpful to anyone but the same people over and over again. I am always willing to help anyone if I'm not in the middle of something at the time. Though I don't like it, I have helped random people in WvW... mainly to help them get their map completion. lol I enjoy this game, and from how Azurha talks about you guys, I know you do too. I am not a very shy person, so the whole, "initiate conversation" will not be a problem. OH YEAH!!! know this, I am in the Navy, and I will always let someone know, but there will be times I will be underway. I just got back from like a month long underway and that's when I came back to a yum full of people repping other guilds. I will always make someone of so stature know my situation.... oh yeah, and tho it hasn't happened for a while, my wife does have a condition which requires me to go to the hospital with her. It used to be daily but I've been blessed not have had to go for a while .... well I a while to me may be short to you, but doing that crap on a daily, a week is an eternity. lol but it has been over a month so I'm hopeful. so my irl moments, will be something I HAVE to leave for. Ummm, I know that's a tad bit personal of me, buuuuut why leave room for question, plus if I got kicked for you guys not knowing, I'd be kinda pissed. lol anyway, if you want to know anything else, just hit me up in game or something. Hoping to join you guys ranks.
irundis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2014, 23:20   #2
Azuhra
Adept Tyrian

SoF Members

Aww, Irundi! You have long been one of my favorite explorer buddies, though I have to give you lots of credit for doing all the exploring on one character! I'm lost when you are not on your warrior.

I'm really very glad you've looked into SoF and applied here. This really is a friendly guild. And though some days things are pretty quiet, more often than not there is someone to talk to. Generally someone to dungeon with or run around with too, if you ask. (I'm still not happy about FotM, so I'll whine thw whole way if you ask for that. Many others in guild are far more happy to do that sort of thing with you )

To my fellow SoF'ers, Irundis has always been a stable and helpful guild mate in our history and a good friend. Try's to be on pretty often (assuming he's not out to sea, literally!) He even had the joy of trying to help run that dying guild we both came from. Unfortunately for him, that happened after he guild had died . I'll vouch for him all the way though!

“But… the oozes! The oozes! And the dredge!”

Azuhra.1047 -- Elsibeth Wrenchand (Engineer), Elgrad Stonebow (Ranger), Elraan Bloodborn (Necromancer), Elea Nightshade (Mesmer), Eleeka (Warrior), Elisabet Shieldfist (Guardian)
Azuhra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2014, 01:36   #3
irundis
Reef

SoF Members

Awww

Thank youuuuuu!
Old February 16th, 2014, 02:53   #4
anomander
Adept Tyrian

SoF Members

Hi Irundis, thank you for your introduction. Good to see friends of friends of friends finding each other. Azuhra's sponsorship looks secure!
anomander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2014, 04:56   #5
irundis
Reef

SoF Members

Why thank you. Looking forward to hopefully proving some worth to you guys
Old February 16th, 2014, 11:05   #6
Atra Culpa
Aggro Happy

SoF Members

Hi Irundis and welcome to the SoF fora! Best of luck with your app, it's always nice to have friends of friends want to come along for the ride

BIG AGGRO, BIG PRIZES!
Atra Culpa.5012

Atra Pardalis Theurgical Atra
Atra Culpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2014, 16:55   #7
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

Heya Irundis,

Glad to see you made your way here. The council is reviewing your application and will get back to you shortly. In the meantime feel free to join in on the conversations (or start one ) on the forums.

on behalf of the council,

Bunter

GW2: Bunter.3795
If life gives you melons, you're probably dyslexic.
"More Stuff, Stuff. More Stuff, Stuffy, Stuff!" - the wise skritt.
Bunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2014, 17:19   #8
irundis
Reef

SoF Members

Niiiiiice I just hope it stays just as fun as when I was playing with you guys last night. But now that you mention, I am going to look through some more forums. Always topics I ask about, but then forget to look it up later. lol
Old February 19th, 2014, 21:19   #9
Grey Mouser
Keeper of the [DOG] Pound

SoF Members

Welcome!
Old February 20th, 2014, 05:54   #10
irundis
Reef

SoF Members

Why thank you. Hoping to run into everyone in game.
Old February 21st, 2014, 00:52   #11
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

Heya Irundis,

It is my pleasure to inform you that the Council has reviewed your application and you have been progressed to Stage 2: In-Game Trialing.

Please add the councilors to your friends list so that you can contact us in-game. Our in-game names can be found in the guidelines for applicants thread. It is your responsibility to make contact with the councilors so that we can set up some trial runs in-game.

OK, the legal jargon is over. Let's meet up in game.

Have a great day!

On behalf of the council,
Bunter

GW2: Bunter.3795
If life gives you melons, you're probably dyslexic.
"More Stuff, Stuff. More Stuff, Stuffy, Stuff!" - the wise skritt.
Bunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2014, 00:59   #12
irundis
Reef

SoF Members

I have so many victory songs playing in my head. lol Thanks bro. Can't wait to see if folks have some inventive ways to conduct a trial. Should be fun. Once again, thanks for this.
Old February 21st, 2014, 03:08   #13
Azuhra
Adept Tyrian

SoF Members

Trial -- do NOT run head first into the mobs in the dungeon all by your little ole' zerker self. Mwahahaha!

(Wait, if you don't run in to them I might. I should re-think this...)

Congrats on reaching trialing!

“But… the oozes! The oozes! And the dredge!”

Azuhra.1047 -- Elsibeth Wrenchand (Engineer), Elgrad Stonebow (Ranger), Elraan Bloodborn (Necromancer), Elea Nightshade (Mesmer), Eleeka (Warrior), Elisabet Shieldfist (Guardian)
Azuhra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2014, 06:09   #14
irundis
Reef

SoF Members

lol thanks, now where are you woman?!?!? Dang weekend warrior. lol
Old February 28th, 2014, 22:40   #15
makkert
Black Beast of Arghhhhhhh

SoF Emeritus

Would you be so kind to use [Enter] between questions?
It's a bit of a wall of text like this.

Using spaces between helps readability.

congrats on reaching trialling.

Makkert, Phantom of the Ventrilio

Account GW2: Makkert.7968 toon: makkert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test View Post
My tactic is to confuse the enemy with my superior lack of logic.
makkert is offline   Reply With Quote