Go Back   Servants of Fortuna Forums > Public > SoF Applications
Register Roster Forum Members Calendar Arcade Chat Mark Forums Read

Old November 6th, 2013, 07:22   #1
Renatus
Reef

SoF Members

Where, Oh Where Has Our Pack of DoGs Gone!?

Greetings and salutations SoF and Doggies.

I am placing this application up for both myself (Renatus/Malick) and Heather (Sapphy).

We've been in DoG for over 5 years and had a great time with DoG in GW1 and in GW2.

We have recently been absent due to my wife being pregnant with our third daughter. She was born this past month (October 22) and we came back to find that many in our pack had become Servants.

1. Why do you want to join SoF over other guilds?

When I have had the opportunity to play with members of SoF I have enjoyed it. Additionally, it would be great to rejoin many of our pack mates.

2. What is your age (or age range) and in which time zone do you live?

I turned 30 yesterday and my wife is... somewhere around that. We are located in the Central timezone.

3. What (online) gaming experience do you have?

I have played Starcraft, Warcraft 2, Counter-Strike (1.1-GO), Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2.

Sapphy has largely played Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2.

4. How is your time distributed among different PvE, WvW, and PvP activities?

Currently most of the time is spent in PvE (99%). I have spent some time in WvW but nothing appreciable.

Sapphy has largely played PvE exclusively. PvP has never really been on of her favorite activities.

5. What is your preferred profession/role? What do you like about it? What is your style of play?

I mostly play Engineer (almost level 80 on my Elementalist). For the Engineer I enjoy working with the kits and trying to get the most out of my tools. For the Elementalist I really like the versatility. It's something I'm still working on learning.

Sapphy has an level 80 Guardian. In GW1 she was almost exclusively a Monk and the Guardian was what she felt was the natural progression for her.

6. What are your in-game character names? What are their levels?

Malick - Engineer - 80
Mykl - Elementalist - 74

Sapphy - Guardian - 80

7. Is Yak’s Bend your home world? If not, would you be willing to make it your home world?

Yak's Bend is already our home world.

8. Have you contributed to the GW2 community through GW2 Wiki, Yaks Bend.com, or some other GW2 forum?

No, we have not.

9. Where did you find out about SoF? Were you recommended by an existing member? Do you already know one or more members of our guild?

I actually learned about SoF when it was featured as a guild of the week for Guild Wars. Mouser actually suggested that we come over here to enter our applications.

10. Tell us more about yourself and why you would be a good fit for SoF!!

Personal bits... Sapphy and I have 3 daughters (6, 4, 2 weeks) so we game mostly in the evenings (post 8 p.m.). We would love to be a part of a larger group of players both to take advantage of the knowledge they have to offer and with any luck be able to positively be able to contribute to the group.
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2013, 16:42   #2
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

Heya Renatus (and Sapphy), Thanks for posting your application. The council is reviewing it and should get back to you shortly.

Congrats on the new addition to your family.

Bunter

GW2: Bunter.3795
If life gives you melons, you're probably dyslexic.
"More Stuff, Stuff. More Stuff, Stuffy, Stuff!" - the wise skritt.
Bunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2013, 18:15   #3
anomander
Adept Tyrian

SoF Members

More Dogs! More Dogs!
And even Puppies, very cool.
Good to meet the Family.
anomander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2013, 04:05   #4
danomite664
Reef

SoF Members

Hmm... same age, same time zone, only my wife and I don't have the 3 kids lol. Our play times don't line up so I haven't seen you guys on in forever. Congrats on the addition though! I don't see how you guys find any time to play--I barely do even with no children.
Deathman Silentread (Necro)
danomite664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2013, 05:00   #5
Renatus
Reef

SoF Members

Hence why we really only play in the evening. Thankfully, there are naps. My 2 week old is on my lap now while I type this and play.

It's never too early to indoctrinate them into gaming... I mean... cuddle.
Old November 8th, 2013, 13:09   #6
Crash Test
Grand Master

SoF Councillors

Lol, a father that hasn't held his little one while it naps in his arms and simultaneously played GW just hasn't experienced life to it's fullest. That so brings back memories.

Glad to see more DoGs looking to join.
Old November 8th, 2013, 23:40   #7
Velvet
Den Mother

SoF Councillors

Hi Renatus and Sapphy!

Welcome back to GW2, and thanks for posting your application. Also, congratulations on the new addition to your family! I agree with danomite, though, I'm not sure how you find time to play with 3 little ones - when mine were that little I barely had time to play at all! Of course, now both my kids are older and have their own GW2 accounts...

Anyway...it is my pleasure to inform you that the Council has reviewed your application and you have been progressed to Stage 2: In-Game Trialing.

Please add the councilors to your friends list so that you can contact us in-game. Our in-game names can be found in the guidelines for applicants thread. It is your responsibility to make contact with the councilors so that we can set up some trial runs in-game.

I look forward to gaming with you!!

On behalf of the council,
Velvet

GW1: Velvet Darkshadow (N)~Lily Goldenrod (Rit)~Neysa Pearldrop (Mo)~Syrenia Longbow (R)~Calypso Dragonheart (W)~
Melodie Dewshine (E)~Darien Archangel (P)~Paige Diamond (D)~Velvet of Fortuna (PvP)
GW2: Velvet.8610
Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2013, 07:02   #8
Renatus
Reef

SoF Members

Awesome! I've gotten many of the names added. We look forward to running with you guys in game.
Old November 11th, 2013, 05:13   #9
Cloud
Fierce Echovald

SoF Members

Had great fun tonight and I hope we can play again. I think chatting on vent was more fun than the dungeon run!

Cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2013, 16:35   #10
Renatus
Reef

SoF Members

I agree. Last night's run was excellent. I should be up for more dungeon romping tonight. Sapphy should also be able to make it this time.
Old November 12th, 2013, 03:45   #11
Azuhra
Adept Tyrian

SoF Members

Yes, last night's dungeon run went really well, and thank you again for joining us! I've been known to be super scaredy cat about dungeons, but it is a very different thing while venting with people -- you can actually enjoy the run!

Looking forward to another one, and meeting another guardian in the mix will make it all worthwhile.

As a side note, I have to agree with the others, I am SO impressed you have any time at all, either of you, for gaming with three kids. Way to show us how to multitask!

“But… the oozes! The oozes! And the dredge!”

Azuhra.1047 -- Elsibeth Wrenchand (Engineer), Elgrad Stonebow (Ranger), Elraan Bloodborn (Necromancer), Elea Nightshade (Mesmer), Eleeka (Warrior), Elisabet Shieldfist (Guardian)
Azuhra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2013, 04:38   #12
Cloud
Fierce Echovald

SoF Members

Another Guardian would be great! Considering we technically had 2 but I was the only one doing anything....

The randomness of PUGs sometimes.

Old November 12th, 2013, 16:01   #13
Renatus
Reef

SoF Members

Thanks for the run again last night guys! I had a great time. Sorry that Sapphy wasn't able to make it. We can both play when the baby sleeps but she woke up all bright eyed as soon as she went to sit at her computer.
Old November 12th, 2013, 18:33   #14
Cloud
Fierce Echovald

SoF Members

Not a problem. Real life stuff takes precedent. Still it was fun and went even smoother this time. Hope Sapphy can play some time soon!

Old November 13th, 2013, 03:32   #15
Mung
Reef

SoF Members

W,OWHOPoDG? I blame management :D

Great to see you and Sapphy are alive and well. Congratulations too. I know you'll make fine additions to SoF. Just avoid Ano's box.
Mung is offline   Reply With Quote