Go Back   Servants of Fortuna Forums > Public > SoF Applications
Register Roster Forum Members Calendar Arcade Chat Mark Forums Read

Old May 18th, 2013, 22:07   #1
Azuhra
Adept Tyrian

SoF Members

Application: Sad Norn Looking for Home

For the record, I've had to think about applying here long and hard. Not because I haven't loved gaming with you guys (I do, I really do), but out of loyalty to a dieing guild. Its an awful thing to watch, and even though I'm not the captain, I am one of the last getting off the ship.

So... here goes nothing!

1. Why do you want to join SoF over other guilds?

Total, complete, honest, truth? Because I have either called on you guys for help, or been allowed in on various things from fractals runs, dungeon runs, wvw education night, and you've even been so kind as to let me guest for Guild Bounties/ect. Okay, I know the last helps you guys too, but it certianly wasn't something you HAD to do for me.

I've even had some truly fantastic, funny, and educational conversations with you guys in your own vent.

Honestly, I'm looking to join SoF because I already feel like a contented pet of the guild, and I would love to upgrade that to member. I may have been lead to you guys by Jeno (in both GW1 and GW2), but so many of you have been helpful and accepting on your own that it feels natural.

So I suppose the other question is, why haven't I applied sooner? I have (had?) a guild. Great people, and I'm very loyal. The problem is it was always a small guild and when the regulars hit burn out and stopped playing, the guild fell apart. Worse, the newest suggestion rolling about is switching servers. I refuse. I picked Yaks Bend for a reason.

The second reason is a little awkward and has nothing to do with any of the guild or what not. I follow Jeno everywhere when it comes to Guild Wars games. I am her shadow. I've felt for ages like I should give her the freedom of getting away from me at least in guild. Its irrational and nothing Jeno has said or done has encouraged that thought process (in fact, I've been instructed by that household to APPLY all ready!). I'm getting over it. If she has put up with her gamer shadow this long, logically it can't bother her!

2. What is your age (or age range) and in which time zone do you live?

I'm 29. Really. Not the “I'm 29 going on 37!” Nope, magic 29! And I live in CMT – Central, yo. Wisconsin, actually, if anyone would like to know.

3. What (online) gaming experience do you have?

Heh, Neopets? Joking! (Though I admit to having had an account there back in the day.) The Guild Wars games are it though for MMORPG experience. Started with Guild Wars 1. I was in and out of a couple of guilds but never managed to stay long. I also was not a regular player. Hey-- I had dial up at the time. The game was awesome, but the load times and lag killed it for me. I've been far more adventurous and active with Guild Wars 2. I like both the new game style AND high speed internet.

4. How is your time distributed among different PvE, WvW, and PvP activities?

Primarily PvE. You have to understand, my Guild has been dieing since Christmas and I try NOT to PUG things whenever I can. I can solo PvE (Though I like running it and map clearing with other willing bodies.) Also, I can level characters while soloing in PvE (though dungeons would once have been better, but then we are back around to that pugging thing...) I love to map clear and I love to have characters at level 80.

Yeah, I'm one of those.

I would be happy to do more WvW with friendly faces/voices around leading the way. I know, I can do that now and join up with you guys, but I can get you more guild points if I'm repping while doing it!

I have never tried PvP – I'm a coward about finding out exactly how poorly my PvE skill set matches up against real players!

5. What is your preferred profession/role? What do you like about it? What is your style of play?

Engineer! Though I have my days where I'm in love with a few other professions. I have more than one character to explore those urges anyway, right? My engineer is my main though. I tend to be more of a follower in multiplayer situations. I support where I can. On my engineer I'm set up as a condition monger more than anything else though. I like the guns, the bombs, the explosives, the kiting! I also like the irony of a norn engineer. Yeah, I'm weird that way.

On an aside, the two classes I am the worst at are elementalist and mesmer. Yes I have a mesmer. Don't ask me how to be a helpful mesmer.

6. What are your in-game character names? What are their levels?

As of 05/27/2013:

Elsibeth Wrenchand: Norn Engineer, Level 80
Eleeka: Asuran Warrior, Level 80
Elea Nightshade: Sylvari Mesmer, Level 80
Elgrad Stonebow: Charr Ranger, Level 80
Elraan Bloodborn: Human Necromancer, Level 53

(I will have more, yes I will. First everyone needs to be level 80 and get some map clearing out of the way. Oh, and wearing exotics. I set odd rules for myself.)

7. Is Yak’s Bend your home world? If not, would you be willing to make it your home world?

It is. I followed Jeno who followed you guys here back during head start.

8. Have you contributed to the GW2 community through GW2 Wiki, Yaks Bend.com, or some other GW2 forum?

No. I read them from time to time, but I'm more interested in contributing to guild forums than “public” forums. You're more likely to be heard by someone.

9. Where did you find out about SoF? Were you recommended by an existing member? Do you already know one or more members of our guild?

Lets see, I found out about SoF when Jeno joined the guild WAY back in GW1. Not that I knew much about it, but I found out then. Uh, Cloud has informed me I must apply, if that counts. It was an order, I'm pretty sure. I know Erik Liefsen too (even though I think he got bored and isn't around much anymore, darn kid. )

Otherwise I've played with a bunch of you at one point or another!

10. Tell us more about yourself and why you would be a good fit for SoF!!

Me? Well, I'm a very casual gamer. A weekend warrior. My work schedule makes weeknight gaming hard at best. I think its been a good thing, you don't burn out as fast when you have just weekends. Or, I haven't. I'm on nearly every weekend that I'm available. Its getting nice out and I should be outside, but hey, those characters are NOT going to reach 80 by themselves, now are they?

I love to laugh at things. Raging doesn't do you any good, but a sense of humor is contagious. I'm also a tad-bit sarcastic. Yeah. I'll play nice though.

I think I would be a good fit for SoF because in all of my experiences with you guys so far, its worked out fine! And please, you sponsor asuran dance parties, how could we not all get along over dance parties?

Edit: There is one other thing I should have mentioned that you guys will figure out very fast... I am a chatty-Cathy. Sure, it depends on my day, but I am prone to rambling in chat and making comments in vent -- for better or worse!

“But… the oozes! The oozes! And the dredge!”

Azuhra.1047 -- Elsibeth Wrenchand (Engineer), Elgrad Stonebow (Ranger), Elraan Bloodborn (Necromancer), Elea Nightshade (Mesmer), Eleeka (Warrior), Elisabet Shieldfist (Guardian)

Last edited by Azuhra; May 28th, 2013 at 00:18. Reason: There is one other thing...
Azuhra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 22:34   #2
Jenosavel
Incorrigible Raisu

SoF Emeritus

Woot! Welcome. Glad to see you finally decided to come over.

Jenosavel.1756 - Leaves and Embers

Laurel Nokomis - Ravenna Moonshadows - Agghi - Ravenna Ninemoons - Cahaoir - Aurellia Lithlanos - Khalybs Greymaw - Jeno Blindingdawn
Jenosavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 22:43   #3
Cloud
Fierce Echovald

SoF Members

Took you long enough!

Cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 08:53   #4
Atra Culpa
Aggro Happy

SoF Members

A norn application? this calls for a Moot!!

Ok, I'mma dish out karma for people that hand me dead things to cook and beer to drink!

Best of luck with the App, it IS about time

BIG AGGRO, BIG PRIZES!
Atra Culpa.5012

Atra Pardalis Theurgical Atra
Atra Culpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 12:34   #5
anomander
Adept Tyrian

SoF Members

Azuhra from the last Molten Facility trip. In that run Persistance was a well rated quality too. Nice introduction. Good to see you apply.
anomander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 16:00   #6
Azuhra
Adept Tyrian

SoF Members

Whew, hi everyone!

Jeno, Cloud: It only took me since the January lecture to do this. That's only... 5 months. Whats this "finally" and "took you long enough" business?

Atra:

I hope you brought your own beer mug and I'm waiting on that big ole' heaping dish of karma

Ano: Hahaha! That Molten Facility. That was fun, actually. And I swear to you I will someday learn how to dodge things. It might be in 10 plus years when they are getting ready to release GW3, but it will happen! As for persistence, I would say you three in the light armor classes did the best!

Thank you for the welcomes, guys!

Azuhra.1047 -- Elsibeth Wrenchand (Engineer), Elgrad Stonebow (Ranger), Elraan Bloodborn (Necromancer), Elea Nightshade (Mesmer), Eleeka (Warrior), Elisabet Shieldfist (Guardian)
Old May 20th, 2013, 00:43   #7
Velvet
Den Mother

SoF Councillors

Hi Azhura!

Glad to see that we've won you over...um...I mean...that you like us! You really like us!

Here's the part where I say all the official-like stuff about posting in the forums for everyone to get to know you better, and that the Council will be reviewing your app and will get back to you shortly, yada, yada - you know, stuff like that.

My norn guardian will also be joining the moot - she's in for the karma, the beer, and the cooked dead things, as long as folks will listen to the long-winded stories she likes to tell!

Vel

GW1: Velvet Darkshadow (N)~Lily Goldenrod (Rit)~Neysa Pearldrop (Mo)~Syrenia Longbow (R)~Calypso Dragonheart (W)~
Melodie Dewshine (E)~Darien Archangel (P)~Paige Diamond (D)~Velvet of Fortuna (PvP)
GW2: Velvet.8610
Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 00:43   #8
Azuhra
Adept Tyrian

SoF Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post

Glad to see that we've won you over...um...I mean...that you like us! You really like us!
Oh I really do, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
My norn guardian will also be joining the moot - she's in for the karma, the beer, and the cooked dead things, as long as folks will listen to the long-winded stories she likes to tell!
The more at the moot, the merrier! Though I think we'll need a few more barrels of beer if we are inviting too many more norn

Yes. I'm all over the forum yada yada and the yada yada waiting period in between. Instructions understood and in progress!

Old May 27th, 2013, 06:47   #9
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

Heya Azhura,

It is my pleasure to inform you that the Council has reviewed your application and you have been progressed to Stage 2: In-Game Trialing.

Please add the councillors to your friends list so that you can contact us in-game. Our in-game names can be found in the guidelines for applicants thread. It is your responsibility to make contact with the councillors so that we can set up some trial runs in-game.

OK, the legal jargon is over. Let's meet up in game.

Have a great day!

On behalf of the council,
Bunter

GW2: Bunter.3795
If life gives you melons, you're probably dyslexic.
"More Stuff, Stuff. More Stuff, Stuffy, Stuff!" - the wise skritt.
Bunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 17:15   #10
Azuhra
Adept Tyrian

SoF Members

Is it odd that I had the announcer from the Mortal Combat games running through my mind when I read "Stage Two! (fight!)"

(Sorry. Too much fresh air yesterday and not enough sleep last night makes me do and say some odd things.)

Happy to hop on with you guys when we can manage to get on (as in, myself and whoever I can find to yammer at at the same time.) I'll look for you mostly on weekends. With the exception of US holidays that get me off of work

Otherwise, Guild Bounties with you guys, and random invasions in WvW are a blast. And much better on Vent when I can get the full instructions.

Old May 28th, 2013, 18:44   #11
Velvet
Den Mother

SoF Councillors

Hey Azhura! Was fun farming events with you and Atilla (and my son) for a while in Karkaland yesterday! Sorry we didn't do the vent thing, but sometimes my son can be a little shy with newcomers (yes, it's true, Bunter and Ano!! )

Looking forward to more adventures with you soon!

GW1: Velvet Darkshadow (N)~Lily Goldenrod (Rit)~Neysa Pearldrop (Mo)~Syrenia Longbow (R)~Calypso Dragonheart (W)~
Melodie Dewshine (E)~Darien Archangel (P)~Paige Diamond (D)~Velvet of Fortuna (PvP)
Old May 30th, 2013, 00:13   #12
Azuhra
Adept Tyrian

SoF Members

Woot! I had fun with you guys too! Going as a team into Karkaland (s'cuse, Southsun Cove) makes it far more tolerable.

Don't worry about the vent thing -- I more than understand! Just let your son know that I haven't bitten any good Guardians in ages and I don't plan on starting anytime soon

Now I'm gonna be naughty and try to sneak on for some dailies on a work night. Shhhhhh.

Old June 22nd, 2013, 16:29   #13
ErikLeifsen
Adept Tyrian

SoF Members

Oh crap, I missed most of Azuhra's trialing! Why did no one tell me she FINALLY applied after our months and months of badgering her to!?!

I don't feel it's even slightly necessary, but I'll say it anyways, best of luck on the app!

Now that both of my sisters are in SoF [or at least one is on her way] I definitely need to get my butt back in game. You say you're sarcastic and chatty, but when you're around the lol's flow like mead, even if sometimes they come from fails.
Old June 24th, 2013, 02:25   #14
Azuhra
Adept Tyrian

SoF Members

Eh, we both know "trialing" is pretty relaxed around her, lil bro. Could be you walked in during the middle, or the beginning for all we both know! After all, I only get to play with everyone on weekends. So, yup.

Fails? I would never fails at anything. Not at all. Never fallen off a jumping puzzle ever, or aggroed a whole mob on a non tank character, or neglected to dodge when I should, or... or... said something stupid in vent. Nope, not me! Wrong sister. You must be thinking of Jen

Pfffftttttt. Even I can't keep a straight face on that line of BS

Ah, on that note of brief trial times blah blah blah. I've got a summer holiday coming up and my contact with the internet will be very infrequent for the next two weekends. I'm thinking GW2 is out. Just a heads up to anyone who reads this and may or may not be looking for me. (Weekends of 29th/30th of June and 6th/7th of July)

Have a summertime norn engineer as a consolation prize:

Last edited by Azuhra; June 24th, 2013 at 02:29.
Old June 30th, 2013, 19:58   #15
Velvet
Den Mother

SoF Councillors

Hi Azurha!

It is my pleasure to officially welcome you to the guild!

Contratulations!

On behalf of the Council,
Vel