Go Back   Servants of Fortuna Forums > Public > SoF Applications
Register Roster Forum Members Calendar Arcade Chat Mark Forums Read

Old May 10th, 2013, 06:05   #1
relt
truant

SoF Members

relt's application

First off, I have to say I’ve been hiatus from GW2 since the beginning of the year--school required too much attention for me to even think about Guild Wars. Now that the semester is over, I’ve got lots more time to play. However, the guild I’ve been playing with is sort of drying up on the GW2 front, and was never super strong in the first place. Besides that, since returning from my mission, I don’t feel as if I fit there anymore--they are a great group, but things are a bit too crude for me these days. Therefore, I come before you, humbly seeking admittance.

1. Why do you want to join SoF over other guilds?
I’ve been on the fringes of SoF for years now, and I have always been impressed with the general philosophies of the guild. Respect within the guild and with others in the community, ‘family friendly’ environment, drive to be great players and amass knowledge, and above all, the ever present desire to have fun.

2. What is your age (or age range) and in which time zone do you live?
23 and Eastern (Atlanta, GA)

3. What (online) gaming experience do you have?
GW was my first online game, bought it a month or so after release and I spent most of my time in PvE, dabbling in some speed clears and whatnot towards the end. From there, I ended up with a multi game guild (All Out Assault [AoA]) in Warhammer Online on the Badlands server where I developed a taste for team PvP (scenarios anyone?). When Aion released I helped AoA start a division there, but after a few months I realized the grind just wasn’t for me. If anyone recalls, I was then a missionary for two years, and that pretty much brings us up to GW2!

4. How is your time distributed among different PvE, WvW, and PvP activities?
PvE, then PvP with very little WvW experience. I spent plenty of time in Warhammer in RvR, but I mostly preferred to be in a small group separate from the zerg. I would love to get into sPvP more, but overall, I guess you could say I like it all, as long as there is a group to do it with.

5. What is your preferred profession/role? What do you like about it? What is your style of play?
In Warhammer, I loved the Witch Elf, and here I love the Thief. I love seeing big damage, but also being able to hamper the enemy and flit around keeping myself alive through my sneakiness and misdirection. While I like the big numbers, I don’t like to totally sacrifice protection to achieve them--I’ve no desire to be a one trick pony and hope I kill the enemy before help shows up and I get blasted to pieces. I’ve also always loved the idea of the mesmer, so we’ll see if I give it some more love this time around.

6. What are your in-game character names? What are their levels?
Rellt - 80 - Thief
I've also got everything but a necro with Relt/Relthara and a surname from level 2-19...not worth typing them all up.

7. Is Yak’s Bend your home world? If not, would you be willing to make it your home world?
No, but once I have the gold for it, I would happily jump ship.

8. Have you contributed to the GW2 community through GW2 Wiki, Yaks Bend.com, or some other GW2 forum?
I tend to shy away from big forums...cause they usually end up riling me up, and I don’t play to get riled up. However, I have contributed a bit to the thief pages on the GW2 wiki, mostly in the realm of stolen skills.

9. Where did you find out about SoF? Were you recommended by an existing member? Do you already know one or more members of our guild?
Originally? I think it was when OH first allied with SoF. I’ve played with various folks over the years, but mostly I’ve spent time on the forums, note the 1200 posts.

10. Tell us more about yourself and why you would be a good fit for SoF!!
I don’t think you know what I study: I’m currently an Industrial Engineering student, third year. I’m here to have fun, I’m an excellent peacekeeper and I love to learn. Beyond that, although I haven’t been active on the forums for a while, you probably have a decent idea of who I am. I’ll be out of town next week with limited internet (forums, probably no game), but I wanted to get this posted while I was thinking about it.

GW: Relt Dragcar R/ GW2: relt.6189

Last edited by relt; July 22nd, 2013 at 03:22.
relt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2013, 17:33   #2
Velvet
Den Mother

SoF Councillors

Hey relt!

Nice to hear from you again and thanks for posting your application! The Council will be reviewing it, and we will get back to you shortly.

In the meantime, please continue to add to your 1200-count post total on the forums here so that some of our newer members can get to know you, and to refresh the memory of us old-timers.
Thanks again!
Vel

GW1: Velvet Darkshadow (N)~Lily Goldenrod (Rit)~Neysa Pearldrop (Mo)~Syrenia Longbow (R)~Calypso Dragonheart (W)~
Melodie Dewshine (E)~Darien Archangel (P)~Paige Diamond (D)~Velvet of Fortuna (PvP)
GW2: Velvet.8610
Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 19:34   #3
Vai
I hace your gammets!

SoF Emeritus

Hey relt! If you don't mind me asking, where did you serve your mission?

GW1: Vai Demine | GW2 Account: vaidemine.7285
Vai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2013, 13:44   #4
anomander
Adept Tyrian

SoF Members

Another Ally of Old knocking on the door. Good to see you Relt.
anomander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2013, 23:19   #5
relt
truant

SoF Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vai View Post
Hey relt! If you don't mind me asking, where did you serve your mission?
Southern California, halfway between San Diego and Los Angeles. Basically on either side of Camp Pendleton, if anyone knows the area.

Old May 19th, 2013, 08:57   #6
Atra Culpa
Aggro Happy

SoF Members

Welcome back Relt!

BIG AGGRO, BIG PRIZES!
Atra Culpa.5012

Atra Pardalis Theurgical Atra
Atra Culpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 12:34   #7
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

Heya Relt, thanks for applying.

GW2: Bunter.3795
If life gives you melons, you're probably dyslexic.
"More Stuff, Stuff. More Stuff, Stuffy, Stuff!" - the wise skritt.
Bunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 01:20   #8
Velvet
Den Mother

SoF Councillors

Hiyas relt!

The Council has reviewed your application and we'd like to progress you to Stage 2 - Trialling! Congratulations!

We will be sending you a guild invite shortly to become a Guest of SoF. Please represent the guild and try to party up with our members when you can (if you can switch worlds?). We usually run some Guild Bounties on the weekends, too, which are lots of fun, and usually some folks stick around afterward for some Fractals, or dungeons, or WvW fun!

Congrats again, and good luck!

On behalf of the Council,
Vel

GW1: Velvet Darkshadow (N)~Lily Goldenrod (Rit)~Neysa Pearldrop (Mo)~Syrenia Longbow (R)~Calypso Dragonheart (W)~
Melodie Dewshine (E)~Darien Archangel (P)~Paige Diamond (D)~Velvet of Fortuna (PvP)
Old May 21st, 2013, 17:35   #9
relt
truant

SoF Members

Thanks! I'll switch over to Yak's Bend this week, and having people to group with will definitely give me more impetus to play. See ya in Tyria!

Old May 21st, 2013, 18:33   #10
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

Relt, once you're over in Yak's Bend, let myself or another council member know and we'll get you invited to the guild.

Old May 22nd, 2013, 02:09   #11
Velvet
Den Mother

SoF Councillors

Invite already sent!

Ninja Vel

Old May 22nd, 2013, 17:45   #12
relt
truant

SoF Members

A minor update regarding the slight delay on my end as far as getting over to YB. I was about to borrow the funds from my brother's account (who is currently a missionary for our church and therefore has no use for all his gold sitting around) but lo and behold, when I go to log in...I can't. Go check the email and I find that a month ago someone managed to change the account's email. His account was hacked back at the beginning of the year, but we got everything restored and then locked everything down with two-step verification on the gmail side and the game side, all routed through my phone. But I guess they got around it. Anywho, the ticket is submitted, so as soon as I get access to his account again, I'll make the permanent move over to YB. Till then, I'll just have to make do with guesting.

UPDATE: Access restored and locked down...again. Now I just have to get the goods restored.

UPDATE 2: No goods will be returned, since this is the second time it has happened. Ah well, we can't always have the easy route. With that in mind, I'll only be able to guest till such time as I have the funds for a transfer. But that only means no WvW.

Last edited by relt; May 24th, 2013 at 19:05.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 15:59   #13
Velvet
Den Mother

SoF Councillors

Heyas relt! Nice seeing you at the Bounty Hunt this weekend! Are you permanently over to Yak's bend now?

Old June 3rd, 2013, 18:38   #14
relt
truant

SoF Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Heyas relt! Nice seeing you at the Bounty Hunt this weekend! Are you permanently over to Yak's bend now?
Nay, it will take some time (aka gold, another 30) before I'll be moved over, but it is a priority. For some reason I was under the impression that the server pop status was a currently online type deal rather than the overall population that it actually is. Looking back that doesn't make any sense, but that means I probably won't see the server drop from very high (1800 gems) to high (1000) which is what I was hoping for. At this rate I'll probably just get myself to 1000 gems through gold then buy the rest.

TL;DR: Anybody have some gold making tips?

Last edited by relt; June 3rd, 2013 at 18:44.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 19:48   #15
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

Guest to Yak's Bend and follow Tmak's Orr maps. It's about 2g per character per day.