Go Back   Servants of Fortuna Forums > Public > SoF Applications
Register Roster Forum Members Calendar Arcade Chat Mark Forums Read

Old April 29th, 2013, 08:24   #1
Grey Mouser
Keeper of the [DOG] Pound

SoF Members

Mouser's Application for dual-citizenship

As many of you know, I'm the current Guild Master and Council Member of [DOG], founded in the early days of GW1 by several of us who are still active in GW2 today, a few of whom represent [SoF]. Unfortunately, it seems that the writing is on the wall for we smaller guilds when it comes to a lot of the new content available, so I am applying for dual-citizenship into [SoF], in order to participate in a larger community for the bigger events. I don't think [DOG], at this point, will have enough players to generate enough influence to unlock a lot of the newer guild content, and probably not enough people online at the same time to participate in the larger guild missions. That's not necessarily a bad thing; we in [DOG] have always been a tight-knit group, and we'll continue to survive, even if it's only a few of us carrying the banner. As Wookie and Bunter are primarily SoF members these days, I will remain as the Guild Leader for [DOG] so as not to abandon those who prefer our little community and website to something else. In the meantime however, I'd like to cast my hat into the SoF ring, so I can enjoy some of the content that's unavailable to [DOG] at this point, and find out what Bunter and Wookie are saying behind my back.

I live in California, and am 40(something), married, employed as a networking consultant. My hours are somewhat irregular, and I can often get hit with workloads that allow me to only get my dailies done before I have to log off and deal with Real Life(TM). When I get the opportunity to work at home, you'll often see me camping event locations, as I can just listen for event kick-off sounds while working, then announce it to the guild that a given event is starting. I and my wife tend to play later in the evenings, so it's not uncommon for us to be the only ones online at times. It'd be nice to have a few other people to chat with during those quiet hours.

I am primarily a PvE player, but I'm enjoying WvWvW more and more, and try to take part in our organized Tuesday and Thursday guild WvW runs whenever I can. I can't say I love dungeons, but I'd like to get better at them.

Current main characters:
Krystia: 80 Asura Elementalist
Kestra Astrĉus: 80 Human Thief
Krystia Brightheart: 80 Norn Guardian
Kyria Swiftstrike: 80 Charr Ranger
Ivrian Astrĉus: 67 Human Warrior

I don't really have a favorite profession; I am a major alt-aholic, so I play whatever suits my mood at the time. I love rampaging with my thief in WvWvW, however. You gotta love caltrops.

As I said before, my online time can be a bit erratic, depending on my schedule. For the next month, the So Cal Renaissance Faire is going on, and I and my wife volunteer our time in a friend's booth, so the next month is going to be fairly scarce of weekend playtime.

So, I guess that's about it!
Cheers,
-M
Old April 29th, 2013, 13:37   #2
Crash Test
Grand Master

SoF Councillors

Hmmmm.... i can't say 'Welcome to the forums' now can i? However, it is cool to see your application.

I promise, Wookie and Bunter aren't saying 'much' behind your back.
Old April 29th, 2013, 14:43   #3
Velvet
Den Mother

SoF Councillors

Hey Mouser! Good to see you here and applying for "dual-citizenship"!

The Council will be reviewing your application and we will be getting back to you shortly. In the meantime, jump into some more conversations on our forums so that folks can get to know you better, and you can get to know some of our newer members better!
[/end official posting language]

Have fun at the Ren Faire! I used to participate in one here in NJ, too, several years ago (pre-kids!). In fact, that is where my IGN "Velvet" comes from, as my main character during the faire day was a seamstress with that same name.

Vel

GW1: Velvet Darkshadow (N)~Lily Goldenrod (Rit)~Neysa Pearldrop (Mo)~Syrenia Longbow (R)~Calypso Dragonheart (W)~
Melodie Dewshine (E)~Darien Archangel (P)~Paige Diamond (D)~Velvet of Fortuna (PvP)
GW2: Velvet.8610
Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2013, 19:02   #4
Grey Mouser

SoF Members

This will actually be our 4th year participating in Faire. We know a *lot* of people, particularly in the Merry Wives of Windsor and the Poxy Boggards. The booth we volunteer in is actually owned by one of the Boggards and his wife, which is how we got into working it in the first place. It's been fun, although this year is shaping up to be a brutally hot one. It's so bad, we're actually drinking water during the day instead of alcohol
Old April 29th, 2013, 20:34   #5
Ajil Ixal
Advanced Shiverpeaks

SoF Members

Hey Mouser! Good to see you here. Come in, pull up a chair and if Bea is around there might even be cookies

DoG Ambassador & Officer
GW1: Ajil Ixal GW2: Ajil Ixal.7231
(Main Characters)
Ajil Ixal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2013, 21:15   #6
WetWookie
Needs a towel...

SoF Councillors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test View Post
I promise, Wookie and Bunter aren't saying 'much' behind your back.
Good cover, Crash!

Glad to see you applying Mouser. I assume your wife is coming along too?

WetWookie.1687
WetWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2013, 23:07   #7
Ayano Mitsu
Fierce Echovald

SoF Members

Hi Mouser Best of luck on your app, though it doesn't appear that you need much anyway hehe

Ayano Mitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2013, 23:07   #8
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

Glad to see the application Mouser. I try and keep a tight rein on Wookie but you know how that goes.

GW2: Bunter.3795
If life gives you melons, you're probably dyslexic.
"More Stuff, Stuff. More Stuff, Stuffy, Stuff!" - the wise skritt.
Bunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2013, 23:58   #9
Valeon
Adept Tyrian

SoF Members

Send a message via Skype™ to Valeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajil Ixal View Post
... and if Bea is isnt around there might even be cookies
There, fixed that for you

But yeah good luck with the app and nice to meet you!
As I don't think I really had yet?

Valda Shepard ~ Valerie Voltaire ~ Valaer Warslash ~ Valhael Westen ~ Valiia ~ Valiique
Vala Warforge ~ Valisse Vangelis ~ Valeriana Veracini ~ Val Tekk Su Port ~ Valara Croft ~ Valereon Valente
Valensia Devienne ~ Valeth Soulreaver ~ Valette Aetherdust ~ Valice Nightsparrow ~ Valeon Averam ~ Vallonea Ventures
Valeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2013, 02:14   #10
anomander
Adept Tyrian

SoF Members

Hi Mouser, good to see you here!
anomander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2013, 15:42   #11
Jenosavel
Incorrigible Raisu

SoF Emeritus

Hi Mouser! I'm always eager to add more SoFies to the Pacific timezone. So glad you've decided to join us!

Jenosavel.1756 - Leaves and Embers

Laurel Nokomis - Ravenna Moonshadows - Agghi - Ravenna Ninemoons - Cahaoir - Aurellia Lithlanos - Khalybs Greymaw - Jeno Blindingdawn
Jenosavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 02:54   #12
Vai
I hace your gammets!

SoF Emeritus

Welcome, Mouser. I've been quite impressed with those who made their way over already, so I guess that bodes well for future playing. I'm with Jeno, it could be nice to have more Western US players around in the evening (I'm in Utah).

GW1: Vai Demine | GW2 Account: vaidemine.7285
Vai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 00:24   #13
Velvet
Den Mother

SoF Councillors

Hi again Mouser,

The Council has officially decided to move you into Stage II - the "trialing" phase. Congratulations!

You should soon be receiving a guild invite to become a "Guest" of SoF. Once you accept the invite, jump into Guild Chat and vent and make yourself at home. Get together and play with folks in-game as much as you can, and please continue to post on the forums, too.

If you have any questions or concerns, you can PM a Councillor at any time.

Good Luck!
Vel

GW1: Velvet Darkshadow (N)~Lily Goldenrod (Rit)~Neysa Pearldrop (Mo)~Syrenia Longbow (R)~Calypso Dragonheart (W)~
Melodie Dewshine (E)~Darien Archangel (P)~Paige Diamond (D)~Velvet of Fortuna (PvP)
GW2: Velvet.8610
Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 07:14   #14
Grey Mouser

SoF Members

Hurrah! Looking forward to it!
Old May 3rd, 2013, 11:52   #15
anomander
Adept Tyrian

SoF Members

I expect that the trials will be gruelling because a good trial should present a real challenge to the subject
anomander is offline   Reply With Quote