Go Back   Servants of Fortuna Forums > Guild Wars 2 > Professions
Register Roster Forum Members Calendar Arcade Chat Mark Forums Read

Old October 11th, 2012, 14:30   #1
Epinephrine
Holy Schmolybringer

SoF Councillors

Spreadsheet (damage/health, etc.)

Jeno mentioned it yesterday, here's the improved spreadsheet, corrected a few minor errors. Also added Orbs, as well as Invader's armour as a type. Haven't added all the other weird types of armour, I'm not sure how much call there will be for the weird ones anyway.

Base damage is 1.0 in full Cleric's (or Carrion) gear with no runes, no traits (essentially only minor power from weapons/armour/jewelery, no other direct damage stat). Highest I've managed to get is just over 3, with maxed offensive traits, weapons, armour, and runes with an additional damage multiplier (Like Rune of the Scholar, with a Bloodlust and Accuracy Sigil - I think I hit 3.16x base while over 90% health). Specific trait bonuses to damage are not calculated at present (you can't select 10% of vitality to Power, or whatever you have), though if you know the amounts there is an "other bonuses" line on which you can add them (so if you know you gain +50 precision when using a sword, or +90 toughness while using a shield, you can add this in there).

Effective health is being calculated base on the light armour health equivalent, so how many effective hit points you'd have as a light armour character. This is essentially your health times the ratios between your current defense value and the base defense value of a light armour character (1853).

Increase to effective health is based on how much you've increased from your profession's base. For example, an Engineer should start with 15,082 health and 2000 defense. Traiting 30 Inventions and 20 Alchemy would give +300 toughness and +200 Vitality, giving 17,082 health and 2300 defense. this is (17,082/15,082)*(2300/2000)= 1.13*1.15 = 1.30, or 30% more effective health (as you take ~13% less damage and have ~13% more health). Effective health is versus damage, not falls or condition damage.

Lana Erenid - Neal Andrei - Andrea Nile - Daniela Ren - Running Was Epi - Your Refrigerator - Epi Siotomy

Last edited by Epinephrine; October 11th, 2012 at 15:57.
Epinephrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 19:21   #2
Jenosavel
Incorrigible Raisu

SoF Emeritus

Thanks Epi! I love that thing. I'm using it to figure out just the right blend of Ruby, Emerald, and Beryl jewelry for myself.

One minor mix-up I noticed (and changed in the linked version of the spreadsheet) is that you had Skirmishing increasing Power rather than Precision for the ranger.

Jenosavel.1756 - Leaves and Embers

Laurel Nokomis - Ravenna Moonshadows - Agghi - Ravenna Ninemoons - Cahaoir - Aurellia Lithlanos - Khalybs Greymaw - Jeno Blindingdawn
Jenosavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 19:27   #3
Epinephrine
Holy Schmolybringer

SoF Councillors

Thanks, there are bound to be a few data entry errors, glad you caught it. One of the minor mistakes I had made was that I assumed that Exquisite Emerald Jewels provide the same bonuses as Emeralds (i.e. Toughness/Power/Precision), but they actually provide Precision/Power/Toughness). An Emerald Orichalcum Ring of the Knight gets +48 Power, +48 Precision, and +67 Toughness, but of the Knight provides +15 Power, +25 Precision, +15 Toughness - unlike all the other jewels, which have the same stats as their base gear. So while most rings would be +63, +63, +92, these end up being +63, +73, +82. I'm curious as to why it is the only one that doesn't line up (Ruby and Berserker are the same, Valkyrie and Beryl are the same, etc. - but "of the Knight" for jewels is different from Emerald ring stats (but agrees with Emerald stats...), despite being the same material.

Lana Erenid - Neal Andrei - Andrea Nile - Daniela Ren - Running Was Epi - Your Refrigerator - Epi Siotomy

Last edited by Epinephrine; October 11th, 2012 at 19:31.
Old October 11th, 2012, 19:44   #4
ErikLeifsen
Adept Tyrian

SoF Members

I think a little guide on how to use it would be extremely helpful, especially to someone like me who sees a page full of numbers instantly gets confused. Numbers and I are not friends. I'm sure once I get the hang of it though it'll be extraordinarily helpful.
ErikLeifsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 19:54   #5
Epinephrine
Holy Schmolybringer

SoF Councillors

Hi ErikLeifsen - the only parts you need to change are where there are yellow cells, the rest of the numbers self populate.

Most items are drop-down menus (so you click on the box and select what you want), the only spot to play with numbers are for the traits (where you indicate if you have 30 in Domination, or 20 in Air Magic).

I put a summary bar at the bottom, it gives a very simplified readout, e.g.:
2.45 times base damage, 200 condition damage,24802 effective light health (17% increase)

This should let you have a rough idea of how strong a setup is, in terms of damage, condition damage, and defense (health).
1.0 is the minimum you can have as damage, using all non-offensive gear, it scales up to about 3.2, for full glass cannon - 3.2 would be 320% the damage that a purely defensively built character would have. So really, damage varies by about a factor of 3 between to most offensive and least offensive characters, and effective health goes from 0% increase (i.e., base health for your class) to about 133% increase (2.33 times the effective health, meaning that you take substantially more punishment).

Condition damage is harder to explain, so I just have it listed, with the amount of damage your conditions would do, per tick (if my formulae are right). Ideally I'd have some figures like "damage from a 10s bleed" which would also factor in condition duration boosts, etc., but it's a work in progress.

It's perhaps a little complicated, in that you can set it up to have 3 Superior runes of the Pirate and 3 Ruby Orbs, and can mix and match gear. I was thinking of making a simplified version that you just pick your runes (1 type) your armour (1 type), your jewelery (1 type) and your weapon (1 type), to give really easy comparisons.

Edit: Made a really simple version, too - it's on the sheet called "Simplified Form"
Just pick the value for each of the boxes (weapon type, jewelery, armour, runes, your class, and your attribute distribution) and it spits out a few stats to give an idea of how offensive/defensive that setup is. For more control, use the normal template.

If you want multiple sheets to play with, just select the worksheet, and Right click on the tab at the bottom, and select "Duplicate." That way you can check several setups to compare.

Last edited by Epinephrine; October 11th, 2012 at 20:12.
Old October 11th, 2012, 20:17   #6
ErikLeifsen
Adept Tyrian

SoF Members

Thanks so much, that definitely made that sheet look less intimidating lol.
ErikLeifsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 22:39   #7
Jenosavel
Incorrigible Raisu

SoF Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epinephrine View Post
One of the minor mistakes I had made was that I assumed that Exquisite Emerald Jewels provide the same bonuses as Emeralds (i.e. Toughness/Power/Precision), but they actually provide Precision/Power/Toughness).
I've been trying to take advantage of this in my build to help buff up my survivability without impacting my damage too much. It's really quite interesting and I hope its not a bug.

Jenosavel.1756 - Leaves and Embers

Laurel Nokomis - Ravenna Moonshadows - Agghi - Ravenna Ninemoons - Cahaoir - Aurellia Lithlanos - Khalybs Greymaw - Jeno Blindingdawn
Jenosavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2012, 20:03   #8
Epinephrine
Holy Schmolybringer

SoF Councillors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenosavel View Post
I've been trying to take advantage of this in my build to help buff up my survivability without impacting my damage too much. It's really quite interesting and I hope its not a bug.
Funny enough, I'm also thinking of taking advantage of this, but in a different sense. I was trying to boost toughness, and was disappointed to see that the Emerald Jewel was Precision major, Toughness minor. But as a result, I can substitute Sapphire jewels for the Emeralds - I get the same Toughness boost from them (minor), but get a major for Healing Power instead of a major Precision. I may end up with Emerald XXXX of the Cleric, since that gives the same toughness, but helps my survival/support.

Replacing five (5) Emerald jewels will cost me 125 Precision, but gains me 125 Healing Power, a trade I may be willing to make, since it boosts survival (the point of that Knight's gear in the first place).

Old October 13th, 2012, 18:34   #9
makkert
Black Beast of Arghhhhhhh

SoF Emeritus

Being a numbers guy, this appeals to me.
Thanks epi, this must have taken considerable time.

Account GW2: Makkert.7968 toon: makkert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test View Post
My tactic is to confuse the enemy with my superior lack of logic.
makkert is offline   Reply With Quote