Go Back   Servants of Fortuna Forums > Public > Community News
Register Roster Forum Members Calendar Arcade Chat Mark Forums Read

Old October 1st, 2012, 20:57   #1
NewsBot
Gaile fanboy

SoF Members

Support Breast Cancer Awareness Month and Pink Day in LA

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, when players are invited to wear pink in-game to show their support and raise awareness about breast cancer and other types of cancers. During the whole month, the pink dye vendor Rosa Salvitas will be in Lionís Arch selling a special blend of pink dye!

But thatís not all&emdash;the annual Pink Day in LA event will take place once again in Guild Wars! The Gaming World Entertainment Network (GW-EN) and Gamers Giving Back are hosting this yearís Pink Day in LA event on October 20 from 12:00 - 6:00 PM (CDT) in Lion's Arch (International Districts 1, 2 and 3). Pink Day in LA is an in-game charity event created to support breast cancer research. This yearís goal is to raise $13,370 for the Canadian Cancer Society, but theyíll need your help!

On October 20 you can listen to the stream on GW-EN Radio and check out the Pink Day in LA in-game event in Guild Wars! There are TONS of incredible prizes that you can win by participating and donating to this worthy cause!

Find out more about Pink Day in LA on their official website.

News on Guildwars.com
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2012, 16:22   #2
Epinephrine
Holy Schmolybringer

SoF Councillors

Hmm, does anyone want to try to get this organised for our server? Yak's Bend currently doesn't have anyone leading the event. The site says:

For a server to be active for hosting for Pink Day in LA, there needs to be 10 dedicated volunteers to be trained for the in-game events that are to be carried out! Please email Rhonda (Malibu Barbie) if your guild, alliance, or website is interested in hosting a different server that is not listed above. Details are still being worked on, but 10 is the amount needed for the 6 hours of the event.

I can't do the whole thing, but could arrange to be on for part of it, if we can get sufficient folks together.

Lana Erenid - Neal Andrei - Andrea Nile - Daniela Ren - Running Was Epi - Your Refrigerator - Epi Siotomy
Epinephrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2012, 18:33   #3
Velvet
Den Mother

SoF Councillors

I could probably be on for a few hours to help, Epi! Count me in!

GW1: Velvet Darkshadow (N)~Lily Goldenrod (Rit)~Neysa Pearldrop (Mo)~Syrenia Longbow (R)~Calypso Dragonheart (W)~
Melodie Dewshine (E)~Darien Archangel (P)~Paige Diamond (D)~Velvet of Fortuna (PvP)
GW2: Velvet.8610
Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2012, 17:22   #4
Rush
Father of Two

SoF Members

Send a message via AIM to Rush Send a message via Yahoo to Rush
I'm very excited about that event but don't believe I'll be available to help or attend... mainly because of work. Sorry that is vague but I wish I could be of more help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test View Post
Ask him for a disertation on the air speed velocity of a swallow carrying a coconut. That will stump him.
Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2012, 22:18   #5
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

I'll be out of town and away from a computer for that weekend. Sorry I can't help out.

GW2: Bunter.3795
If life gives you melons, you're probably dyslexic.
"More Stuff, Stuff. More Stuff, Stuffy, Stuff!" - the wise skritt.
Bunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 13:46   #6
Epinephrine
Holy Schmolybringer

SoF Councillors

Perhaps next year will work better - it may be too late this year to get a team going for our server, and we're a little short on bodies.

Lana Erenid - Neal Andrei - Andrea Nile - Daniela Ren - Running Was Epi - Your Refrigerator - Epi Siotomy
Epinephrine is offline   Reply With Quote