Go Back   Servants of Fortuna Forums > Guild Wars 2 > GW2 Talk
Register Roster Forum Members Calendar Arcade Chat Mark Forums Read

Old August 30th, 2012, 16:11   #31
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

1) yes, you continue to gain points for every level up to 80 so you'll end with 70 trait points all told
2) The cost to respec is based on level and it's all or nothing. You can be removing one point and it costs the same as removing all points
3) It's based on level and I'm not sure the exact amount

Use the points, at the two points where you buy the book, level 40 for 1 gold and level 60 for two gold, you get a free respecc when you use the book. The only time it really makes a difference is when you start adding points to the lines after the level 60 book as you'll have to pay to respec any choices.

You can use the pvp lobby to freely spec out your character in advance, you can test out builds on the practice targets. The repecing in PvP is free and you might as well take advantage of it.

GW2: Bunter.3795
If life gives you melons, you're probably dyslexic.
"More Stuff, Stuff. More Stuff, Stuffy, Stuff!" - the wise skritt.
Bunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2012, 16:44   #32
bsoltan
/flex

SoF Councillors

Ah that's good to know that it resets with each book. I didn't know that. At least that allows for some form of experimentation as well without being tied in to the long term.

I assumed that you'd just have to buy another level 60 trait book to reset your stats again but it seems not? There will be an different cost after you use the trait book to reset your stats?

edit: Is it true that Dungeons don't scale as well as the open areas of the game? So is it better to attempt dungeons when you're at the necessary level?
Does anyone know what level you should be at for each dungeon?

Also, what is the best way to identify if your gear is appropriate for your level/area?

Last edited by bsoltan; August 30th, 2012 at 16:51.
bsoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2012, 19:30   #33
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

The cost to respec your traits is multiple silver but I don't have tthe numbers for it. It's not as much as a book, that's for sure, I think it's in the neighborhood of 5 silver for a level 80 but I'm not completely certain on that.

Dungeons, pay attention to your mail. Every time your level reaches that of a dungeon, you'll have two things happen, 1) you'll get a piece of mail about the current "at leve" dungeon and 2) the dungeon icon will show on your map.

Dungeons are a lot less forgiving than PvE. if you aren't the level and don't have level appropriate gear, you're infor a rough ride. The first dugeon is at level 30, it's called the Ascalonian Catacombs and is located in the Plains of Ashford, the Charr starter zone. The second one is Cadecus' Manor and is located in the town Beetletun in the human startrer zone of Queensdale. It is a level 40 dungeon. All dungeons have a story mode and an explorable mode. The story mode is the basic version of the dungeon, after you've done that you're free to replay the explorable mode as often as you want. You can do the basic story mode over and over as well.

Gear has levels, ie. you have to be x level to wear this gear. If you're level 30 and you're wearing level 10 gear, you probably need to upgrade, if you're level 30 and most pieces you own are in the high 20's or at 30 you're probably ok. Color also makes a difference, Blue level 30 gear and Green level 30 gear will NOT have the same stats. Color progressin from lowest to highest is: White -> Blue -> Green->Yellow(Gold or Rare item)->Orange (Exotic). I'm not sure if/what the color is for legendary gear but I believe the stats are the same as exotic but just a different skin. Level 80 Exotic is the best you can get. Sometimes lower level gear of better quality will stay relevant for multiple leves as it will still provide more bonus than "at level" blues or whites.

Last edited by Bunter; August 30th, 2012 at 19:35.
Old August 31st, 2012, 01:27   #34
bsoltan
/flex

SoF Councillors

Thanks for the answers Bunter. Really helpful.

I'm re-rolling my 'main' character. Decided I want a different name.

I've stripped everything that wasn't Soulbound and put it in storage. Sold/salvaged everything that was Soulbound.
As far as I can tell I just have my Karma to spend (3,756). What would be the best thing to use it on that I can transfer to another character?

Ta.
Old August 31st, 2012, 01:53   #35
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

find some hearts you've completed or the karma merchants in the towns, buy the food ingredients with it, they aren't soulbound and can be sold or traded or used at your discretion.

Old August 31st, 2012, 11:58   #36
bsoltan
/flex

SoF Councillors

Recipes and food makes sense. Guess I won't be buying any cheap Culture Weapons.
Old August 31st, 2012, 16:38   #37
Gruff
Devotee Jade Sea

SoT Members

When pressing B to join WvW and you click a battle ground is there anywhere that indicates how long the que is?

Is it possible to que for each battle ground / eternal or just 1 at a time? I can't find anything to indicate where you are currently queuing for.

Muppet Warfare [MvM]
Gruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 12:15   #38
Nightsorrow
#WhoTheHeckIsNS

SoF Members

Send a message via MSN to Nightsorrow
I'm sure this was the thread with the questions about trait resets in, but can't find the post itself...

Anyway, resetting traits at level 80 (all points spent) costs 3s50c - not much at all. Just found this out!

It's hard to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat...
Nightsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 14:12   #39
bsoltan
/flex

SoF Councillors

That isn't much really. Good to know.

I assume the reserved GW names will be cleared after all these support issues? It said one day after release on the ArenaNet site. The name I want to use was on my 2nd GW account and is therefore reserved.

Last edited by bsoltan; September 1st, 2012 at 14:17.
Old September 1st, 2012, 18:28   #40
Vai
I hace your gammets!

SoF Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunter View Post
find some hearts you've completed or the karma merchants in the towns, buy the food ingredients with it, they aren't soulbound and can be sold or traded or used at your discretion.
Some of the Karma merchants offer food "in bulk", so you spend a small amount of karma and get a stack of the food item. Nice way to stock up.

GW1: Vai Demine | GW2 Account: vaidemine.7285
Vai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 12:55   #41
Nightsorrow
#WhoTheHeckIsNS

SoF Members

Not really a question that's been asked in this thread, but definately one I asked before I could answer it myself... What is the reward for the monthly achievement completion?

Answer: Garbage.

I completed my September achievement a couple of days ago (unfortunately forgot to screenshot it) - the reward was 50c (my daily currently gives me 5s), 30 Mystic Coins (hurrah?) and 5k experience (a low level event will give me 7k at level 80). I hope they take a look at this because the reward was in no way worth the investment, and it bluntly looks broken compared to the daily.

Old September 5th, 2012, 17:04   #42
darkMishkin
Promiscuous Otter

SoF Emeritus

How does your Offhand weapon affect DPS? I assume I'm not hitting anyone with my Warhorn... is it only related to the damage of skills 4 & 5, or does the DPS of your Mainhand and Offhand average out in some way?
Old September 5th, 2012, 17:25   #43
bsoltan
/flex

SoF Councillors

Are there other outposts in the game other than the capitals and Lions Arch?
Old September 7th, 2012, 12:46   #44
Gruff
Devotee Jade Sea

SoT Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightsorrow View Post
Not really a question that's been asked in this thread, but definately one I asked before I could answer it myself... What is the reward for the monthly achievement completion?

Answer: Garbage.

I completed my September achievement a couple of days ago (unfortunately forgot to screenshot it) - the reward was 50c (my daily currently gives me 5s), 30 Mystic Coins (hurrah?) and 5k experience (a low level event will give me 7k at level 80). I hope they take a look at this because the reward was in no way worth the investment, and it bluntly looks broken compared to the daily.
In the Sept 7th update notes, looks like you may have the pleasure of doing it again : Some players' monthly achievements didn't correctly reset on September 1 at 00:00 GMT. To allow those players to collect the next monthly reward, we will reset the monthly achievement of any player who is already at 100% for the month as of tomorrow night's update.

Muppet Warfare [MvM]
Gruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 13:58   #45
Nightsorrow
#WhoTheHeckIsNS

SoF Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruff View Post
In the Sept 7th update notes, looks like you may have the pleasure of doing it again : Some players' monthly achievements didn't correctly reset on September 1 at 00:00 GMT. To allow those players to collect the next monthly reward, we will reset the monthly achievement of any player who is already at 100% for the month as of tomorrow night's update.
I had to read this 3 times before my brain would concede it was true.

Ah well, more Mystic Coins for the stack.

Thinking about it... has anyone seen any complaints on reddit/guru/wherever about the underwhelming monthly rewards? It seems so bizarre that I get 5s for my daily completion but 50c for the monthly, has anyone placed it on ANet's radar? Has there been any official word? Hoping someone who browses more forums has seen something since I never get time...