Go Back   Servants of Fortuna Forums > Guild Wars 2 > GW2 Talk
Register Roster Forum Members Calendar Arcade Chat Mark Forums Read

Old August 4th, 2012, 00:20   #1
Zee
Reef

Forum Members

"Official" GW2 Questions Thread

Is there any advantage to the items offered in the Deluxe Digital Version form pre-purchase or should I just go ahead and get the Standard Digital Version for the three day head start?
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 01:05   #2
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

I'm not really sure on any advantage. You do get a mini and there are some consumables but I'm not at all sure on the differences between the deluxe and the standard. From what I've heard the deluxe will be the same content as the CE except for the items packaged with the CE. If you can swing it, I'd reccommend the deluxe, just to have everything.

GW2: Bunter.3795
If life gives you melons, you're probably dyslexic.
"More Stuff, Stuff. More Stuff, Stuffy, Stuff!" - the wise skritt.
Bunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 06:59   #3
TU1
Reef

Forum Members

Question I am from lebanon.Any one can tell me how can I pre-order Gw2

Hi all.I saw like 50 or more videos about it and I found it very interesting.I searched for 4 weeks with no any sign for how to get this cool game xD.
can any one tell me where I can find it.I will be very grateful.thnx
Gl & Hf
ur regards TU1
Note:sry for the bad english
TU1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 13:54   #4
Maeldor
Advanced Shiverpeaks

SoF Members

I'm afraid that after searching I couldn't find a retailer specifically for Lebanon if you wanted to buy the retail version (physical copy).

However, I don't see any reason you couldn't purchase a digital version and get the key emailed to you (can you not do this on the official site anyway?)

Check this list of retailers and find Digital at the bottom of the page.

Also, do any of the retailers listed for the other countries provide shipping to your country, such as Amazon? If they did, you could do it that way too to get a retail copy, but you'd likely be receiving it much later than the release date.

Hope this helps Good luck!
Maeldor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 14:06   #5
Robus
no alarms n no surprises

Retired Victrix Members

Send a message via AIM to Robus Send a message via MSN to Robus Send a message via Skype™ to Robus
We have a couple of people from Lebanon in the guild who I know have pre-purchased it, I'm sure they'll help when they see this.
Robus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 14:39   #6
Kazgoroth
Adept Tyrian

SoF Members

I think Crash and I talked about this before and just couldn't see spending the extra money on the Deluxe version for the one time use items, or short term advantages. Many of the items will be available for purchase in game or through the gem store, if I am correct. I think you can buy standard though and upgrade later, if I am correct.
Kazgoroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 15:31   #7
Oracle
Grand Master

SoF Founders

I bought the standard version (online from Anet). Don't even have a box!

Would have liked Collectors but couldn't really justify it when also having to build a new PC.

GW2: Oracle.2134

'A' is for ASURA <3
Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 15:40   #8
Nuxie
recidivist rogue

Retired Victrix Members

I bought the deluxe edition before they announced the (relative) underpoweredness of the elite skill. Wish I'd saved the $20.

If you look on GW reddit, people frequently post codes for discounts of up to 25% off GW at various sites. Just be careful to get a pre-purchase, as opposed to a pre-order, so you get the full head start.

Scream In Braille, P | Ryanne Lynnrose, R | Perpetual Deja Vu, E | I Bent My Wookie (PvP) | Perpetual Caffeine (PvP)
Nuxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 18:04   #9
TU1
Reef

Forum Members

thnx all
TU1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 18:45   #10
Ivan
"2gud"

SoF Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by TU1 View Post
Hi all.I saw like 50 or more videos about it and I found it very interesting.I searched for 4 weeks with no any sign for how to get this cool game xD.
can any one tell me where I can find it.I will be very grateful.thnx
Gl & Hf
ur regards TU1
Note:sry for the bad english
Wow...a Lebanese gamer on the internet is a rare sight indeed', how did you get here?

Anyway, I pre-purchased the digital copy with no hassle at all online. I can find you the link if you have trouble finding it

Theres Virgin Megastore that might have hard copies on release just like they did with other games, but they might be late a few weeks to get them.

Its a trick! Get an Axe.

safo.2954
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 23:31   #11
Zee
Reef

Forum Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuxie View Post
I bought the deluxe edition before they announced the (relative) underpoweredness of the elite skill. Wish I'd saved the $20.

If you look on GW reddit, people frequently post codes for discounts of up to 25% off GW at various sites. Just be careful to get a pre-purchase, as opposed to a pre-order, so you get the full head start.
Yea I read the pre-order only gets a day head start instead of the three days. I would love a hard copy but not if I have to wait longer and get even further behind on experiencing the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
I bought the standard version (online from Anet). Don't even have a box!

Would have liked Collectors but couldn't really justify it when also having to build a new PC.
I've read on many different threads your building a new PC. What kind of specs you looking at so far? Im worried about my graphics card since its a bit older. Im still running a evga 480 gtx. its a great card but any kind of feedback as to how my frames are going to be would be much appreciated. I dont want to lose the quality of the graphics if there is an easy fix.
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2012, 14:44   #12
Oracle
Grand Master

SoF Founders

In BWE2 there was a situation when I was in WvW and we were doing keep defence. So I was on the wall, throwing out AOEs, and the next minute I had been 'pulled' down to ground level among the invaders where I promptly got my [kitten] kicked. I had assumed this was an ele (earth?) skill but I am now less sure.

Is anyone aware of a skill that can pull the mob to you? I can't seem to find this in the ele earth line-up unless I am missing something.

EDIT: OK I have found the answer but will post this anyway as it could be interesting to others, especially those who like WvW.

The skill is a sub-skill from the Conjure Shield ele skill and it's called Magnetic Shield. I am sooo going to try this out next time as I think it has the potential to be a LOT of fun . I remember the big surprise I had suddenly being pulled down among all the invaders when I'd thought I was safe up above.

Incidentally, if it can pull people 'off' the wall, then presumably it can pull foes 'onto' the wall too (if you are an ele wielding this at rampart level??). Interestingly the range says '600' which doesn't seem a lot so I'm not going to know how viable this is until I've tried it.

GW2: Oracle.2134

'A' is for ASURA <3
Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2012, 15:02   #13
Jinx
Mesmers :]

SoF Members

Was anyone able to earn any titles yet? I'd really like to know how titles will be displayed on our characters.
Old August 12th, 2012, 15:54   #14
Epinephrine
Holy Schmolybringer

SoF Councillors

Quote:
Incidentally, if it can pull people 'off' the wall, then presumably it can pull foes 'onto' the wall too (if you are an ele wielding this at rampart level??). Interestingly the range says '600' which doesn't seem a lot so I'm not going to know how viable this is until I've tried it.
Not sure about that - you can walk off the wall to land below, but not up the wall. it may be limited in that fashion, only pulling people where they could walk a path to.

Lana Erenid - Neal Andrei - Andrea Nile - Daniela Ren - Running Was Epi - Your Refrigerator - Epi Siotomy
Epinephrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2012, 15:58   #15
Jenosavel
Incorrigible Raisu

SoF Emeritus

Quote:
In BWE2 there was a situation when I was in WvW and we were doing keep defence. So I was on the wall, throwing out AOEs, and the next minute I had been 'pulled' down to ground level among the invaders where I promptly got my [kitten] kicked. I had assumed this was an ele (earth?) skill but I am now less sure.

Is anyone aware of a skill that can pull the mob to you? I can't seem to find this in the ele earth line-up unless I am missing something.

EDIT: OK I have found the answer but will post this anyway as it could be interesting to others, especially those who like WvW.

The skill is a sub-skill from the Conjure Shield ele skill and it's called Magnetic Shield. I am sooo going to try this out next time as I think it has the potential to be a LOT of fun . I remember the big surprise I had suddenly being pulled down among all the invaders when I'd thought I was safe up above.

I thought I heard there was a guardian skill that could do this too? Which one I'm not sure... *runs to wiki* Okay, wiki says there's a guardian greatsword skill that pulls foes to you.

I think those skills get caught on terrain differences, or at least, a lot of other movement ones do so I assume these would as well. Meaning off the wall would work, but not up onto the wall I would think. We'll just have to try it out sometime and see!

I didn't know about the ele skill. I wonder how many other classes have pull skills?

Jenosavel.1756 - Leaves and Embers

Laurel Nokomis - Ravenna Moonshadows - Agghi - Ravenna Ninemoons - Cahaoir - Aurellia Lithlanos - Khalybs Greymaw - Jeno Blindingdawn
Jenosavel is offline   Reply With Quote