Go Back   Servants of Fortuna Forums > Public > Chat
Register Roster Forum Members Calendar Arcade Chat Mark Forums Read

Old May 11th, 2012, 16:42   #1
Svanen
Reef

Forum Members

New Faces - Introduction Thread

Hello all,

I fully understand that membership recruiting is closed until some point after launch, and understand that perfectly! These transition periods can be difficult, and taking on new members while learning the guild tools can be crazy making.

I thought I'd start a thread where those of us "on hold" could at least post a very brief introduction, so we aren't just popping up in other threads like party crashers.

I invite others that are in a similar status to me to add their intro here, rather than clutter up the boards with similar posts. We may not end up with SoF after launch, but we appreciate being welcome guests in these forums.

*bows*
Svan

Greetings SoF. I am a 53 year old female gamer. Primarily I've been in Lord of the Rings Online (LoTRO) for the last 5+ years, but I dabbled in Rift and Star Wars:TOR. I was LOTRO kin mate (guild mate) with a few SoF members or from affiliated guilds, and heard good things about the group.

I'm interested in GW2, although I didn't play the original. I have pre-purchased. I am really enthused about the difference in game-play mechanics--making the whole game more collaborative rather than trying to create private areas in order to control mobs and loot.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you.
Svanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 16:52   #2
Gruff
Devotee Jade Sea

SoT Members

It would be a good idea to name drop and state how you found your way here so people can launch their psychometric feeler bots.

Muppet Warfare [MvM]
Gruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 17:05   #3
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

Welcome Svanen. Poke around and join in on the conversations.

GW2: Bunter.3795
If life gives you melons, you're probably dyslexic.
"More Stuff, Stuff. More Stuff, Stuffy, Stuff!" - the wise skritt.
Bunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 17:23   #4
Svanen
Reef

Forum Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruff View Post
It would be a good idea to name drop and state how you found your way here so people can launch their psychometric feeler bots.
You have those here? I need one.

Perivayne pointed me in the direction of these forms, don't know if he's called Borlek here or not, and the early years we played with Amy (before they established their own kinship). I believe they are all DOG, if I'm understanding the organizations right.
Svanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 17:39   #5
Alana
Sleepy Mommy

SoF Emeritus

Send a message via MSN to Alana
Welcome, Svanen!

Always nice to meet another female gamer! Thanks for starting this thread. Looking forward to getting to know you better!

GW2: Alana.3217
Alana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 18:01   #6
makkert
Black Beast of Arghhhhhhh

SoF Emeritus

Welcome Svan.
Thank you for your brief introduction, it is most welcome.

EDIT : cancelled

With kind regards,

Makkert

Account GW2: Makkert.7968 toon: makkert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test View Post
My tactic is to confuse the enemy with my superior lack of logic.

Last edited by makkert; May 11th, 2012 at 21:20.
makkert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 20:15   #7
Kazgoroth
Adept Tyrian

SoF Members

Hey all,

Crash Test and I were actually neighbors in TX, and now we live a few hours down the street. We own houses next to each other and still do a ton of stuff together IRL, especially bar bqs. Like he said I got him playing a few things, and he got me introduced to your forums. I have complained their isn't any real good spot to discuss GW2 atm since Anet has not opened up forums.

About me....Im a 43 yo American guy. Married kids, play video games. I have 2 accounts for GW2, gonna try and drag my daughter and several of her friends into GW2. They are WoW players, and pessimistic to try anything other than WoW. I started playing MMO's back in the release of Ultima Online. I played it for about 7 years, with multiple accounts. I deployed overseas and when I returned WoW was coming out so I jumped into that. I played it for seven years with several accounts and just recently closed all but one. I have also played GW1, Rift and SWTOR recently.

I don't consider myself a hardcore gamer, but many of the people I played with did. I enjoy PvE and PvP, and I really loved the WvWvW in the BW1. I am a stay at home dad, so I find I often have free time to game tho. Looking forward to getting to know people and game with them in the future, even as a friendly guild if not guild m8s! I have run guilds in UO and WoW and was in one of the largest guilds in WoW. It was crazy.....
Kazgoroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 21:12   #8
Velvet
Den Mother

SoF Councillors

Thank you, Svanen, for starting this thread, and also to all those who have already posted.

As we anticipate that we will be seeing many more new faces lurking in our GW2 forum in the upcoming months, we'd like to use this single thread as a way for new folks to just say hi and give a brief introduction of themselves to the group.

Once we open recruiting, then the Application forum in the Public section will be opened up again for each interested player to post their own official application thread, therein.

In the meanwhile, we encourage new forum members to read on and contribute to any discussions to your heart's content. Our philosophy in these forums is that we encourage thoughtful and mature discussions on topics mostly related to Guild Wars and other games, but also also some other random topics (though we like to stay away from religion and politics here ).

Good luck and happy posting!
On Behalf of the CAO,
Velvet

GW1: Velvet Darkshadow (N)~Lily Goldenrod (Rit)~Neysa Pearldrop (Mo)~Syrenia Longbow (R)~Calypso Dragonheart (W)~
Melodie Dewshine (E)~Darien Archangel (P)~Paige Diamond (D)~Velvet of Fortuna (PvP)
GW2: Velvet.8610
Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 21:16   #9
catchamonkey
Trainee Ascalon

Forum Members

Hi again all,

Just to formally introduce myself then;

I'm 30 years old, a gamer of many years, an MMO player of some of those, many tried in various forms, but only really a few that I've got on with properly, including GW, Eve Online, and for a little time, the Matrix Online (which was really only fun for me as I love the matrix so much).

I'm a software engineer by trade, married, no children but one on the way so that is sure to keep me busy.

See you all around, liking the quality of content here, very good place to take everything in so thanks.

Chris
catchamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 22:12   #10
Marcus Ferret
Incorrigible Raisu

SoF Members

Welcome to the boards, folks

And hope to extend the welcome to the guild someday...

Marcus Ferret [R] l Jade Felicity Rose [W] l Divine Azure Rose [M] l Xavier Light [Rit] l Crystal Autumn Rose [W] PvP l Spicy Asia [D] PvP l

'War tends to separate the weak from the strong... Peace separates us from reality... In life, we shall encounter our personal battles... In death, we discover peace...' ~ J. Marcus (1972-20??)
Marcus Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 22:23   #11
bsoltan
/flex

SoF Councillors

Welcome one and all. Always nice to have new people around, hope you enjoy your stay.
bsoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 23:59   #12
Gruff
Devotee Jade Sea

SoT Members

Good sticky Ben should help the clutter! Good name dropping Svanen & Kazgaroth! Once again great suggestion Gruff old chap!

/boarheart!

Muppet Warfare [MvM]
Gruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 00:13   #13
Ayano Mitsu
Fierce Echovald

SoF Members

Welcome everyone!

Looking forward to getting to know all the newcomers

Ayano Mitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 00:44   #14
bsoltan
/flex

SoF Councillors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruff View Post
Good sticky Ben should help the clutter! Good name dropping Svanen & Kazgaroth! Once again great suggestion Gruff old chap!

/boarheart!
I can't take credit for this one I'm affraid! Must have been one of the other awesome Councillors!

Good to have a central thread for introductions. Come on any lurkers out there that haven't registered get signed up and introduce yourselves!!
bsoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 04:17   #15
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

Welcome to all, glad to have visitors. Hope to get to know you more over the wait til GW2 releases.

GW2: Bunter.3795
If life gives you melons, you're probably dyslexic.
"More Stuff, Stuff. More Stuff, Stuffy, Stuff!" - the wise skritt.
Bunter is offline   Reply With Quote