Go Back   Servants of Fortuna Forums > Victrix > GvG Reports
Register Roster Forum Members Calendar Arcade Chat Mark Forums Read

Old October 18th, 2007, 14:05   #1
Neo
Uberness Reborn

Victrix Officers

Victrix Match Report 10-17

Right, so according to Tzuul and Lucky I volunteered to right an EPIC Match Report. Longest one evar. And to this I say TOO BAD, what you see is what you get. I dont do epic anymore. Email your story to Tap for and he'll write the RPG novel you're looking for

Anywhoo, our roster last night was: Gus, Aus, Taelith, Zi, Rhia, Tzuul, Adam, Kaitrin, and Lucky.

Our Healer Is Afk; Imperial Isle; Win

A fairly unremarkable balanced build that we systematically pushed back into base by beating them down 8v8. I dont recall anything else about this match

Dark Wing Cadre; Burning Isle; Loss

I didnt think Thump-n-Sear teams were any good anymore, and apparently they still arent. But that didnt stop us from stinking up this match and getting massacred by damage spam. At a few points during this match we got some things going by splitting and collapsing, but it couldnt get us back in the game and at VoD our DP and NPC disadvantage was too much. Suck.

Protectors of the Piece; Wizards Isle; Win

A fearme warrior, an assasin, a panic mesmer, and 2 clumsiness mesmers. Needless to say our warriors were not amused. Through proper use of defensive stuff like snare and shield sets, we were rarely in danger of dying this match. And despite the impossibility of Frenzying in this game, our offense did eventually manage to kill stuff. We pushed them back consistently for about 10 minutes until we wiped them into base. They came back out and we fought again, where they broke much faster the second time, and right after an even minute, too, so we took the opportunity to drop their Lord.

Team Ne Va Da; Druids Isle; Loss

Running blockway. Actually I was fairly surprised how well we did against it, we decided to fight it 8v8 and scored the first few kills. However, we ran out of energy and got routed back into base. We came out to fight again and did better, getting kills at about the same rate as before but not dying ourselves, this time. By VoD we had them back in their hall but didnt have time to go for any NPCs. Both teams threatened a Lord Gank, neither of which panned out, and so the teams met for the last time at the stand, where their NPCs had killed ours. We couldnt get those down fast enough (or at all, for that matter) and their extra DPS sealed our fate.

Clan Mac Rhaud; Hunters Isle; Win

Heroway newbs, yawn. We basically decided we didnt want to waste time fighting them, and our entire offense went to their base to kill stuff. The rest of the team wasted their main team's time by playing defensively, and soon their entire Lord Cage was dead since they didnt send anyone back at first. A few minutes later their Lord was dead, basically because they didnt respect the split. We did alot of things against this team that we couldnt have done against a real team, but it got us the win faster, so we could move on to games against real teams.

We Count Corpses; Weeping Stone; Win

These guys had about 325 melee units, which hurt somewhat. We ended up (dying alot more than we should have), despite scoring the first few kills. After some back and forth action we ended up full wiping and they took the opportunity to kill our Lord Cage. However, we ressed right as they finished and took advantage of their vulnerable position, wiping them out of base, delivering a flag, and setting up to fight them again outside their base after they ressed. Unfortunately, the same thing happened again in the first fight, we died when we shouldnt have, and we didnt even get a boost out of the whole thing. So back to square 1 with them in our base. We res and fight, and its getting close to VoD. They start taking pressure before we do since we actually start playing well, and we start killing them and they start falling back. At 15:58 we drop a monk, bouncing him back to base at the even minute. That allows us to roll up the other monk and basically the rest of their team. They are kind enough to let us into their base, and the monk that base ressed even came out to die, which was nice. With ~30 seconds till VoD and their team down, we decide to go for their Lord, and it drops at 18:01. Major oops on their part.

Xen of Onslaught; Imperial Isle; Win

This team was trying to score kills through frequent spikes done primarily with their two warriors. Unfortunately for them, the spikes were often given away in advance, and nearly all of them were saved. Meanwhile we scored kills and pushed their team back, but our offensive stalled at the entrance to their base, where the narrow choke point + splinter weapon made it difficult to press onwards. We beat our heads against the wall for a while before splitting briefly before VoD. The NPCs came to the stand and our numbers advantage + morale advantage was too much for them.

Clan WASD; Frozen Isle; Win

Dervish spike. I hate dervish spike. Things start off not going so well, since we die a bit to their spike, and miss getting a boost that we were playing for. They push into base at around 4:00 and get a few NPCs, and but we res and spend most of the rest of the match split. Apparently they couldnt deal with our split except by splitting monks... even though they had 3. So not only do we kill NPCs and players in the small skirmish, but our main team is able to push down the lone remaining monk at the large battle as well. After most of their base is dead via our split we collapse on their main team more often and start wracking DP, eventually 60-ing out their LoD monk. By VoD we have them back in their base but dont have time to push in, not that there would have been any point. They come to the lever room for one last stand, and both teams manage to spike an opposing player out immedeately after 18:00. However, we had plenty of morale and signets, and our kill was their hard-resser, and they had lots of DP and no extra signets. So they immedeately wiped and their Lord was dead about 30 seconds later.

Facet.5914 || Archon | Scion | Aspect | Aura | Facet of Uberness
Old October 18th, 2007, 14:40   #2
Dark Angel
Game Over

SoF Members

Send a message via MSN to Dark Angel Send a message via Yahoo to Dark Angel Send a message via Skype™ to Dark Angel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Clan Mac Rhaud; Hunters Isle; Win

Heroway newbs, yawn. We basically decided we didnt want to waste time fighting them, and our entire offense went to their base to kill stuff. The rest of the team wasted their main team's time by playing defensively, and soon their entire Lord Cage was dead since they didnt send anyone back at first. A few minutes later their Lord was dead, basically because they didnt respect the split. We did alot of things against this team that we couldnt have done against a real team, but it got us the win faster, so we could move on to games against real teams.
mmm i wonder why don't we encounter such teams in our casual play

btw thx for the report Neo it is really a nice read
~DA

GW1: Maximus The Roman W/x lvl20 - Monk Of Freedom Mo/x lvl20 - Dark Angel Pvp
GW2: hochma.4790
“Many of us are more capable than some of us; But, None of us is more capable than all of us”

Old October 18th, 2007, 16:31   #3
Lucky
A winner is YOU

Victrix Members

Send a message via AIM to Lucky
yea! Neo brought back the Lord Cage! Prizefighting, Women and Money is the only life a GL knows!

Hmm, I think XoO would have had an easier time if they spent time trying to not kill Gus and Rhia because they knew them, and spent time trying to spread the pressure.

Overall a fun night, monking is a nice change of pace every so often

W- Jadumba Narantunga -E- Venomous Anyi -N- Root Of All Evils
GW2- Lucky.7125
Old October 18th, 2007, 16:52   #4
Neo
Uberness Reborn

Victrix Officers

Protective Spirit > Daze. Isnt that right Lucky?

Old October 18th, 2007, 17:04   #5
Lucky
A winner is YOU

Victrix Members

-___-

GW2- Lucky.7125
Old October 18th, 2007, 18:17   #6
Rob#2
Deer Face!

SoF Emeritus

Thanks for the the report. It brightened my rainy day here in Pittsburgh.

W Cori Rottingbush | Mo Gigi Aloebush | N Rabba Nabba | Me Robi Oran Hey | R Rah Bee | E Robbie Cyanea
Rt Robey Aleshanee | A Robby Hello Kitty
P Rabiah Hatshepsut | D Raba Ganoush
Old October 18th, 2007, 18:26   #7
Marillion Bloodbane
Adept Tyrian

Tor Ambassadors

6-2, not a bad night I daresay! Good job guys and as always, thanks for taking the time to write up the match report Neo. Well written.

The Torrencians [Tor]
IGN: Marillion Bloodbane
Old October 18th, 2007, 20:14   #8
Tzuul
Devotee Jade Sea

Tor Ambassadors

It was kind of a messy night, and I was really disappointed that we lost the two matches to DWC and TNVD.

But, we're still re-building our team and I think that we're starting to get better.

Tor: Shamino Sworddancer
SoF-V: Torrencian Archon
Old October 18th, 2007, 20:25   #9
Rush
Father of Two

SoF Members

Send a message via AIM to Rush Send a message via Yahoo to Rush
Starting to get better? Since when were you guys not good?!

Great report and good to hear that you guys are putting fear into the eyes of your lessers (which seems to be almost everybody now-a-days)! Good job and looking forward to more to come...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test View Post
Ask him for a disertation on the air speed velocity of a swallow carrying a coconut. That will stump him.
Old October 18th, 2007, 21:45   #10
Almighty Zi
Ha Do Ken!

Victrix Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky g View Post
Hmm, I think XoO would have had an easier time if they spent time trying to not kill Gus and Rhia because they knew them, and spent time trying to spread the pressure.
This is the blockway on imperial right? As I recall, about 90% of their spikes were on me, however, you're right about the opposing mesmer who literally camped Rhia (water ele) the whole match.

Jun Zi / Hex And The City
Old October 18th, 2007, 22:28   #11
Lucky
A winner is YOU

Victrix Members

They devoted a linebacker to Gus full time too, until we collapsed them.

GW2- Lucky.7125
Old October 18th, 2007, 23:16   #12
Unbelievable
Reef

Forum Members

That match against you guys was pretty fun.

Didnt know our mesmer was camping Rhia, I thought he was only Power Blocking Rhia then moving on to something else.

As for our warriors. We had insane problems with your water snares and blurs. After the match we were discussing that maybe if one of the monks had preveiled me more, then the spikes would have gone a lot more cleaner.

As for camping Gus and Rhia. Sorry if it seemed that way. Didnt intend for it to be that way. Basically we were trying to get Rhia down, since she was such a pain for our spikes. The way I was seeing it, was, if that water ele can be down for a couple seconds, we can score a kill. In time, the attrition would have helped us. As for your warriors. I am honestly not sure why we linebacked so freaking much. Though we had to accept, that if we hadnt done that, you guys would have been much more of a threat. We didnt dedicate someone to lineback 24/7 though.

At VoD, you guys didnt have that much of an NPC advantage (1-2 archers and footies), but we didnt play it right. We didnt get our defense up, in a way that would have let us push into your NPCs with splinter. We pretty much messed ourselves up.

It was a fun night thought and basically we were trying out our new core, which is what we are trying to do now. We had people in weird spots, but still it was a fun night.

Hope to go against you guys again soon,

Liquid - XoO

PS. Always enjoy your Match Reports.
Old October 18th, 2007, 23:31   #13
Almighty Zi
Ha Do Ken!

Victrix Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbelievable View Post
At VoD, you guys didnt have that much of an NPC advantage (1-2 archers and footies), but we didnt play it right. We didnt get our defense up, in a way that would have let us push into your NPCs with splinter. We pretty much messed ourselves up.
Maybe I'm getting our matches a little mixed up (we played a few games on Imperial Isle last night so I apologise if I'm getting confused) but wasn't this the match where we had all our NPCs and the opposing ritualist put weapon of shadow on his guild lord as he walked into range of our pack of archers?

Jun Zi / Hex And The City
Old October 18th, 2007, 23:57   #14
Unbelievable
Reef

Forum Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty Zi View Post
Maybe I'm getting our matches a little mixed up (we played a few games on Imperial Isle last night so I apologise if I'm getting confused) but wasn't this the match where we had all our NPCs and the opposing ritualist put weapon of shadow on his guild lord as he walked into range of our pack of archers?
Nope. He was dead before he could put any weapons on the Lord.

Reading your Match Report does let me see that we need to work a lot on diferent things though. For example, the positioning you guys had, made it hard for us not give away spikes with our movement. On top of that, add your snares . It also lets me see how our midline was doing.

So, , and till next time.

PS. I love your smilies.
Old October 19th, 2007, 01:48   #15
Neo
Uberness Reborn

Victrix Officers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbelievable View Post
At VoD, you guys didnt have that much of an NPC advantage (1-2 archers and footies), but we didnt play it right. We didnt get our defense up, in a way that would have let us push into your NPCs with splinter. We pretty much messed ourselves up
Well, you also have to consider that we knew very well that this is what you guys wanted/needed to do, and had no intentions of letting you do it. Shutting down/killing the guy that casts splinter and any guy he casts it on were our top priorities, which contributed to your "messing up."