Go Back   Servants of Fortuna Forums > Public > Chat
Register Roster Forum Members Calendar Arcade Chat Mark Forums Read

Old December 22nd, 2015, 22:57   #1
Sound_And_The_Fury
Reef

SoF Members

GW2 most fun class to play? Opinions

Hi all,

What class in GW2 do you find you always want to go to? While I have only 2 chars I'm thinking of branching out onto a third but want to get people's opinions on what class to play.

I like the idea of a complicated class as I have a Guardian and a Necro which I've heard are more medium skill difficulty. I like learning all the skills and rotations and being really useful in a party.

But I also like a smooth flowing set of skills, like with Guardian I can power out tons of DPS while also being tanky.

In GW1 I loved to play warrior, necro and monk.

Sigh, monk......

(If they ever close down GW1 I'm sure I'll have one of those quiet beers where you don't want anyone to talk to you...and you look up at the stars and ponder your place.)
Sound_And_The_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2015, 00:02   #2
WetWookie
Needs a towel...

SoF Councillors

IMO Mesmer is the most fun to play as it has a lot of skills that let you 'outplay' your adversary with stuns and dazes, blinks and teleports, invisibility and clones, confusion and torment.

My second most played class is Necro which is a lot of fun in WvW. It's very satisfying dropping wells into huge opposing armies and coming out of the battle with an inventory full of loot.

WetWookie.1687
WetWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2015, 20:56   #3
Sound_And_The_Fury
Reef

SoF Members

Thanks WetWookie!

I remember all my friends played mesmer in GW1 - such a unique class.

I feel like I'm moving towards engineer but I'm not an alt-holic. I really like to take my time and really deck out my characters and get to know the skills really well.
Old December 24th, 2015, 06:41   #4
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

I like different classes for different things. I have played a thief as my main since launch and continue to use it but I've started to bring out other classes more and more. For Dungeons and fractals, I like guardian. For pve, I like juggernaut engineer. For WvW I like guard, thief and ranger depending on what my role is that day. For scouting I use thief or ranger, for leading zerg vs zerg, I like guard and for havoc I like Ranger. I like necro and Mesmer for pvp but find engi, ranger and guard fun as well.

I'm an altaholic with 36 slots atm and at least 2 of every class. so the is no "one class" for me.

GW2: Bunter.3795
If life gives you melons, you're probably dyslexic.
"More Stuff, Stuff. More Stuff, Stuffy, Stuff!" - the wise skritt.
Bunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2015, 10:19   #5
Sound_And_The_Fury
Reef

SoF Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunter View Post
I like different classes for different things. I have played a thief as my main since launch and continue to use it but I've started to bring out other classes more and more. For Dungeons and fractals, I like guardian. For pve, I like juggernaut engineer. For WvW I like guard, thief and ranger depending on what my role is that day. For scouting I use thief or ranger, for leading zerg vs zerg, I like guard and for havoc I like Ranger. I like necro and Mesmer for pvp but find engi, ranger and guard fun as well.

I'm an altaholic with 36 slots atm and at least 2 of every class. so the is no "one class" for me.
whoa, 36!

Hopefully, one day, you can show me how to WvW. I'd really like a mentor for my first few goes.
Old December 24th, 2015, 22:18   #6
Valeon
Adept Tyrian

SoF Members

Send a message via Skype™ to Valeon
Quote:
Bahh, Bunter you show off, I only have half of that.
Quote:
I like different classes for different things.
It indeed depends on what content you want to do, as some might be better suited/more forgiving in certain situations.

Though fun can be found in every class, just have to play around with weapons and skills to find something that works for you.
(some classes might need more tinkering than others)

But everyone needs at least a Guardian and a Mesmer (and of course a Ranger)

Valda Shepard ~ Valerie Voltaire ~ Valaer Warslash ~ Valhael Westen ~ Valiia ~ Valiique
Vala Warforge ~ Valisse Vangelis ~ Valeriana Veracini ~ Val Tekk Su Port ~ Valara Croft ~ Valereon Valente
Valensia Devienne ~ Valeth Soulreaver ~ Valette Aetherdust ~ Valice Nightsparrow ~ Valeon Averam ~ Vallonea Ventures
Valeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2015, 23:49   #7
Sound_And_The_Fury
Reef

SoF Members

So glad I rolled a guardian and a necro!

I like the guardian because it's powerful and adds support and now dps at range.

Necro is just a beast. I do fondly remember MM's in GW1 though, so much more upkeep but you can do some really cool stuff with necros in GW1.

I think I'll roll an engineer and use those tomes I have lying around and pop it up to lvl 80 and go from there.