Go Back   Servants of Fortuna Forums > Guild Wars 2 > GW2 Talk
Register Roster Forum Members Calendar Arcade Chat Mark Forums Read

Old May 16th, 2014, 19:15   #1
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

WvW

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up about this upcoming week and wvw. The matchup that starts tonight (Friday 5/16) is basically the matchup for second place in the tournament. We should be facing HoD and FA. If we come in second (just can't beat the HoD coverage) we'll take second in the silver league for the season. This would mean more tickets for more of the unique skins and items.

Any help you can give in WvW would be a benefit to not only yourself but to the server as a whole. The main commanders are Dragun Knight (DK), Rheayas, Lyorkie and Captain Weirdbeard. There are others but those 4 are ones I've run with and I can attest that they know what they're doing. There are other commanders that are out there trying and can use any support you can give them.

A note about HoD. HoD got a lot of transfers before the season started to basically try and steal the tournament win via coverage. Unfortunately as this happened the other big server, FA, lost a number of it's wvw guilds thereby allowing HoD free Reign throughout the tournament. HoD is not invincible though, they're only winning due to coverage. Yesterday we not only took their garrison but we built a waypoint in it and were able to hold it most of the night along with bay (which was waypointed) and hills. They can be beaten and are only winning due to coverage yak's doesn't have.

Help out this week and next and we'll earn second in the tournament.

Thanks.

GW2: Bunter.3795
If life gives you melons, you're probably dyslexic.
"More Stuff, Stuff. More Stuff, Stuffy, Stuff!" - the wise skritt.
Bunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2014, 12:21   #2
Crash Test
Grand Master

SoF Councillors

Spent a lot of time in various WvW maps this weekend. Completed 10/10 objectives for the 2014 Tournament and often very happy with game play, and just as often very frustrated. There were times i couldn't take 5 steps without getting ganked by 5 or more opposition. Last night i watched all sorts of flame comments comming through map chat about leaving the supply in Garrison to let it build up just to watch Dragon Knight go to Garrison and pull supply. I also don't have TS installed and it seems that's where most of the conversation is happening. Some commanders are good about map chat, some aren't.

But anyway... We are a little behind FA (or we were when i logged last night). What's the chances that we'll be able to catch up and make that 2nd place slot?
Old May 19th, 2014, 13:14   #3
Greyhart
Fierce Echovald

SoF Members

i am completely ignorant of how communication works on WvW.

Is there a team speak server?

When I do it I generally just follow the zerg otherwise I get spanked.
Old May 19th, 2014, 14:03   #4
Crash Test
Grand Master

SoF Councillors

There is a standard channel that's used (or at least i've seen what appeared the be the same channel published in map chat a few times). However, I don't have TS installed and therefore never wrote it down.
Old May 19th, 2014, 23:09   #5
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

Crash, DK taking supply from garry meant it was probably needed in taking/keeping a keep on a separate borderlands. I wouldn't worry about him. As for other flame comments, well that's part of the reason my main account isn't on Yaks anymore. Good to hear you got the meta done for the season.

I'll post the team speak info for yaks in the alliance section of the forums.

GW2: Bunter.3795
If life gives you melons, you're probably dyslexic.
"More Stuff, Stuff. More Stuff, Stuffy, Stuff!" - the wise skritt.
Bunter is offline   Reply With Quote