Go Back   Servants of Fortuna Forums > Public > SoF Applications
Register Roster Forum Members Calendar Arcade Chat Mark Forums Read

Old October 5th, 2013, 14:35   #1
Trelgar
Reef

Forum Members

Trelgar Application

Hello,

Just another lost puppy looking for a home. I am a hard working professional who really enjoys gaming as a means to decompress and recharge the mind. Over the years I have grouped with many of the old DOGs and count them among my friends.

SOF brings us all a larger group of great gaming companions with which we can embark on even grander adventures. I hope you find me worthy and let me join your family. I don't eat much and I am house broken.

1. Why do you want to join SoF over other guilds?

While fairly new to Guild Wars in comparison to most of you, all my friends from DOG are in SoF and I simply want to be part of a mature, active guild.
2. What is your age (or age range) and in which time zone do you live?
I am rapidly approaching my 50th birthday and I live in the greater Chicago area (CST)
3. What (online) gaming experience do you have?
I have been online gaming since the MUD days (graphics left much to be desired). I transitioned into MMORPGs with EverQuest and then I have played LOTRO and now GW2
4. How is your time distributed among different PvE, WvW, and PvP activities?
I prefer to simply group with friends and embark on wherever the adventure takes us
5. What is your preferred profession/role? What do you like about it? What is your style of play?
I love my Elemental and my Necromancer. Style of play...hmmm....constantly evolving as I learn GW2 and entirely dependent on the group and what is needed
6. What are your in-game character names? What are their levels?
Tregar I (80 Elemental), Trelgar II (69 Necromancer), Ninja Rouge (80 Warrior), Trelgar III (20 Ranger), Mystic Thief (4 Thief)
7. Is Yak’s Bend your home world? If not, would you be willing to make it your home world?
Yes
8. Have you contributed to the GW2 community through GW2 Wiki, Yaks Bend.com, or some other GW2 forum?
Not really...I am a hard working professional and game when I can. I am far from an expert
9. Where did you find out about SoF? Were you recommended by an existing member? Do you already know one or more members of our guild?
I know several members of SoF that were previously with DOG Bunter, Gildar, Luke, Amy, Mung
10. Tell us more about yourself and why you would be a good fit for SoF!!
I am a mature gamer who listens well to serious gamers with far more knowledge. Gaming in and of itself is rewarding but I find the interaction with fellow gamers to be even more enriching. I work hard during the week and like to relax the mind with gaming in the evenings and on weekends

Last edited by Trelgar; October 5th, 2013 at 17:23. Reason: completing application
Trelgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2013, 18:24   #2
Mung
Reef

SoF Members

Good to see you back Trel. Looking forward to further adventures in Tyria.
Mung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2013, 01:51   #3
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

Thanks for posting the application Trelgar. The council is reviewing it and will be back to you shortly.

Bunter

GW2: Bunter.3795
If life gives you melons, you're probably dyslexic.
"More Stuff, Stuff. More Stuff, Stuffy, Stuff!" - the wise skritt.
Bunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2013, 15:03   #4
ErikLeifsen
Adept Tyrian

SoF Members

I had the opportunity to run a wide variety of activities [dungeon/jp/world event/guild events] with Trelgar and it was a lot of fun and aside from me screwing up in the JP it was all a success.
Old October 6th, 2013, 18:37   #5
relt
truant

SoF Members

I hope this doesn't offend, but this is what I thought of when you said you were a "hard working professional":

GW: Relt Dragcar R/ GW2: relt.6189
relt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2013, 02:08   #6
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

Heya Trelgar,

It is my pleasure to inform you that the Council has reviewed your application and you have been progressed to Stage 2: In-Game Trialing.

Please add the councilors to your friends list so that you can contact us in-game. Our in-game names can be found in the guidelines for applicants thread. It is your responsibility to make contact with the councilors so that we can set up some trial runs in-game.

OK, the legal jargon is over. Let's meet up in game.

Have a great day!

On behalf of the council,
Bunter

GW2: Bunter.3795
If life gives you melons, you're probably dyslexic.
"More Stuff, Stuff. More Stuff, Stuffy, Stuff!" - the wise skritt.
Bunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2013, 14:04   #7
anomander
Adept Tyrian

SoF Members

Hi Trelgar. welcome to the grueling trial stage. Currently the adventure box is closed with Mung locked into it, but I am sure we can face some terrors in Arah.
anomander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2013, 15:56   #8
Attila
Adept Tyrian

SoF Members

Trial stage. I still have nightmares. And don't listen to Gildar. He can NOT fix it for a small fee.
Attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2013, 23:46   #9
Azuhra
Adept Tyrian

SoF Members

Gildar can fix all things for a nominal fee. I'm pretty sure.

Yeah, Trelgar! I've harassed you a few times in vent, and then there was that amusing three hour dungeon experience. Fun though! I'd say welcome to trialing and what not, but it sounds like you knew people in this guild way before I did with DOG. So... its been nice getting to know you and gamign with you so far and i look forward to more

“But… the oozes! The oozes! And the dredge!”

Azuhra.1047 -- Elsibeth Wrenchand (Engineer), Elgrad Stonebow (Ranger), Elraan Bloodborn (Necromancer), Elea Nightshade (Mesmer), Eleeka (Warrior), Elisabet Shieldfist (Guardian)
Azuhra is offline   Reply With Quote