Go Back   Servants of Fortuna Forums > Guild Wars 2 > Professions
Register Roster Forum Members Calendar Arcade Chat Mark Forums Read

Old September 19th, 2012, 21:03   #1
Crash Test
Grand Master

SoF Councillors

Gearing up

So i'm about to hit 80, and i see that liquid just hit 80 on his guardian. My next task is also going to be gearing up and i'm not sure where to start looking.

I figure i'm going to want a couple armor swaps available. 1 for dps for when i'm playing alone, 1 for support - maybe group healing or damage reduction, and maybe one for magic find.

So I'll hit the PvP site and preview some skins, but would be appreciative of any advice towards the specifications.
Old September 19th, 2012, 22:59   #2
Robus
no alarms n no surprises

Retired Victrix Members

Send a message via AIM to Robus Send a message via MSN to Robus Send a message via Skype™ to Robus
If you're looking to heal, Clerics is a good choice, if you're looking for tankiness Knight's is a solid choice, Explorer's is a great choice for solo play, for outright damage Beserkers is a good choice.

If you are going for exotics you'll need to get one hell of a lot of ecto.

The rare yellow versions requires a large quantity of the tier 5 material but most of them have pretty solid farming locations - for example you can get a ton of Large Claws in Mount Maelstrom which are used to make Explorers.

I'd worry about the appearance after - Most of the fancy looking armor has trash stats and is really only useful for looking pretty thus using Fine Transmutation stones with

yesitsrob.8054
Robus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 13:57   #3
Ivan
"2gud"

SoF Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robus View Post
The rare yellow versions requires a large quantity of the tier 5 material but most of them have pretty solid farming locations - for example you can get a ton of Large Claws in Mount Maelstrom which are used to make Explorers.
You need 90 Fine Material for a whole set + Common material from gathering

Knight's Set is really good tanky set for explorables, it was a no brainer for me as a necro since I have a huge health pool(not sure about guardians) and having more toughness means this health pool got a lot harder to deplete..+ power precision for Lich Form and Well damage is really good!

Rob already explained the important parts (I would go for a clerics for any melee, thats just personal preference).. Level 80 gear is easy to get via crafting, at first I thought the real set required 41k karma per piece but that set was pretty trashy and just went for crafting set

Its a trick! Get an Axe.

safo.2954
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 14:33   #4
Beqxter
No time for fuglies.

SoF Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Beqxter
Is there some place that shows the various armors and their requirements in an easily filterable manner (ie, just show me female asuran light armor)?

Beqxter Rawls || Boom Boom Charlie || Brother Beqxter || Kate Beqxinsale
Beqxter Puzzycat || Cassandra Beqx || Dead Beqxy
Tyrannosaurus Beqx || Beqxa Bimkubwa || Gloria Beqxaltation
Beqxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 14:43   #5
Liquid
Fierce Echovald

SoF Emeritus

Looks good...I think I'll go with a full cleric set for my initial MF gear and use 5 superior runes of noble/traveller/pirate and 1 of another to get an extra 10% mf. I guess I'll need a full MF trinket set to go with it too. Also time to get my cooking up to make those raspberry peach bars!

Will need to make a defence/support set for dungeons and WvW but this isn't the biggest priority atm!

GW1 : 22 characters
GW2 : Liquetus (ele) / Lyqwa (
necro)
Liquid's Audio
Liquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 14:57   #6
Robus
no alarms n no surprises

Retired Victrix Members

Send a message via AIM to Robus Send a message via MSN to Robus Send a message via Skype™ to Robus
Liquid for your MF set you might aswell go for Explorer's which has 3% MF on each piece. There's no point in doing some jack of all trades thing that doesn't really do anything that well.

Your clerics armor should have dwayna runes in it or something like that - make what it does well, even better

yesitsrob.8054
Old September 21st, 2012, 09:11   #7
j u n g
Adept Tyrian

SoF Members

Send a message via MSN to j u n g Send a message via Skype™ to j u n g
About that full magic set... Where's a good place for vicious claws? I got tones of large and I can't seem to get more than 2 vicious a day.

| Tyrian Jungitte (GW1) | Jungster (GW2) |
Milk and Oreo's! Milk and Oreo's! You aint' nothin' without Milk and Oreo's!
Favorite Emotion:

Favorite Quote "John 3:16"
j u n g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2012, 09:22   #8
Robus
no alarms n no surprises

Retired Victrix Members

Honestly, the tradepost, they're like 1 silver each, or at least they were.

But if you want to get your own Ice Elementals and Icebrood Colossus drop them, not the fastest of things to kill though

yesitsrob.8054
Old September 23rd, 2012, 16:37   #9
Vai
I hace your gammets!

SoF Emeritus

Quote:
...you can get a ton of Large Claws in Mount Maelstrom...
Care to elaborate on this Rob? I spent a good amount of time yesterday in Mount Maelstrom and was only able to dredge up one Large Claw. I read somewhere that they drop from the Destroyer Crabs, but I tried farming those, and only got one, while they dropped quite a good number of Sharp Claws, which is one tier down.

GW1: Vai Demine | GW2 Account: vaidemine.7285
Vai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 00:08   #10
Robus
no alarms n no surprises

Retired Victrix Members

Sure, there's the event when the Volcano erupts. Where you have to clear some of the paths in the volcano and then eventually have to kill some big destroyer guy who summons a lot of mini crabs - By the end of the event I know myself and Safo have walked away with around 25 Large Claws each - granted we do both have over 130MF which makes a big difference

yesitsrob.8054
Old September 24th, 2012, 04:48   #11
Vai
I hace your gammets!

SoF Emeritus

Quote:
over 130MF
Noob question here. When you say 130, you're not talking about percentages, are you? Is there a number for your magic find that I'm missing? For example, on my Explorer's set right now, I have +3% on each item, which takes me to +18% overall. What does the 130 number represent?

Old September 24th, 2012, 06:31   #12
Jinx
Mesmers :]

SoF Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vai View Post
Noob question here. When you say 130, you're not talking about percentages, are you? Is there a number for your magic find that I'm missing? For example, on my Explorer's set right now, I have +3% on each item, which takes me to +18% overall. What does the 130 number represent?
Magic Find jewelery gives about 6% each. That's ~30% from them. And then you have Traveler's/Pirate's inisgnias that offer around 50% as well.

You also have weapons that can give 3% I think, and the Sigil of Luck that gives 0.6% per stack up to 25.

Omnomberry bar gives some 20% or so.

And finally, you have the gem-bought Magic Find booster which gives around 50%.

Numbers aren't necessarily correct, but you get the idea
Old September 24th, 2012, 07:22   #13
Robus
no alarms n no surprises

Retired Victrix Members

oh i meant 130%

50 from Runes
18 from Armor
15 + 3 from weapon
30 from jewelry
and 30 from omnomnomnomnom tarts

There's been tests done and it makes a huge difference when farming crafting materials, with that kind of magic find you acquire more than double what you would with 0

yesitsrob.8054
Old September 24th, 2012, 14:35   #14
Vai
I hace your gammets!

SoF Emeritus

Quote:
50 from Runes
Those Runes are so expensive. I was looking on the TP yesterday and they run in excess of 2 gold each. I may have to settle for the Crest of the Traveler for now, which offers only an additional 18%, but they are only a few silver each, which is more within my range. Then I guess I can slowly trade them out as I farm.

Old September 24th, 2012, 14:43   #15
Jinx
Mesmers :]

SoF Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vai View Post
Those Runes are so expensive. I was looking on the TP yesterday and they run in excess of 2 gold each. I may have to settle for the Crest of the Traveler for now, which offers only an additional 18%, but they are only a few silver each, which is more within my range. Then I guess I can slowly trade them out as I farm.
Pirate is cheaper. Even better if you buy 1 Platinum Doubloon and 1 Gossamer Bolt or 2 scraps and have a 400 Tailor (maybe Armorsmith and Leatherworker could too?) make a Superior Pirate rune for you.

Actually, I think I answered my own question when I mentioned Gossamer.

I'm a 400 tailor!

edit: you only need 5 of the pirate and then pick up another (either traveler or anything that gives MF)

Last edited by Jinx; September 24th, 2012 at 14:52.
Jinx is offline   Reply With Quote