Go Back   Servants of Fortuna Forums > Victrix > GvG Reports
Register Roster Forum Members Calendar Arcade Chat Mark Forums Read

Old September 17th, 2007, 08:14   #1
Greedy Gus
Devotee Jade Sea

Victrix Officers

Victrix Match Report Sep. 16th

Thanks to Saria, Alzarc, and Bravo for guesting. We ran with our new setup, aus/gus/bruce/saria on wars, tae ranger, tzuul mes, lucky/bruce rit flagger, and neo/bravo/alzarc monking.

Failure to Launch [FtL] -2 (frozen)

Lucky never loaded on the rit flagger, so we just pushed a full gank through the side path, killed a few archers, and resign spiked after 1 min.

The Natural Enemy -2 (dead)

Some pug/smurf/reform I guess, saw some ex-vibe/dV there. They were running a hex/dazed build with beguiling haze & fevered dreams. Lucky was still lagging hard this game. We initially pressured their flagger who pushed for a cap, and I think we killed a monk. Then they double dazed our monks and pretty much wiped us. We never really got back on our feet or split well, and just resigned somewhere around 5 mins.

Lucky rolled out after this match to figure out his computer issues, ended up reformatting. Bravo also had to leave, so saria & alzarc came in here.

The Torrencians [Tor] +2 (druids)

Tor was running heroway with necs & thumpers. Tae and I started with a split in two different directions. As they didn't have any good skirmish characters, they had kaitrin defend the base as a monk, and rob#2 followed me to push me out of the base. Basically we ran them around a bit while killing NPCs & players of opportunity, then collapsed and killed the necros at the flagstand. From there we pushed them into base, and continued picking off NPCs while killing necros and spiking thumpers, finishing the match around 12 mins.

Drunken Panda Scrubs [DPS] +2 (wizards)

Doc's DPS reform, running a fairly balanced build. We split initially to pull their war + flagger back to defend base. Tae & bruce stalled them while I fell back to loop around and repair their siege. From there we continued to fight at the flagstand (took a few losses), while pressuring them with splits on both their front & back gates. Tae, Aus, and I pushed into their base and took out a knight & some archers, until they dropped back an air ele, water ele, and shock war. Aus got away from the water ele (blurred < snares), and I somehow managed to live through Doc & their air ele beating on me for like 2 mins with disciplined stance, healsig, and getting in range for a few LoDs from the stand.

We collapsed on the stand team, made a few kills, and pushed them back into their base at which point I sieged half their team (pretty impressive on wizards) after the 10 min mark. We pushed in and finished the lord before 12.

Free Agency +2 (weeping stone)

Running SS fearme warriors I think, pretty balanced otherwise. We split initially and made progress (SS warrior isn't a good skirmisher). Our flagstand team started making kills as well, so we adjusted the split to get all 3 wars at the stand while Tae continued to wipe all their archers. Continued to push and fall back when they had a chokepoint advantage. Eventually had enough DP on them to make a strong push after an even minute and finish the lord just after 12:00.

Onslaught of Xen [XoO] +2 (imperial)

Running an old school balanced build of w/w/r/me/e/e/mo/mo. We split in two directions initially again, harassing their flagger and killing an archer & knight in their base. This match was a lot of pushing splits off to slowly pick off NPCs, then collapsing on the flagstand team to train monks hard (don't think they were able to cap a flag more than 2-3 times even though they held a flagstand presence). Aus soloed an ele flagger, with a quarterbreak on SoR (+500 DKP). At VoD they had too much DP and NPC disadvantage, so made for a full gank, which we killed.

If I missed any important details, I'm sure someone will comment. Overall a good night, feels good to have such free movement and not sit in a 8v8 snoozefest for 20 mins.

Greedy Gus | Nasty Needle | Pro Politico | Sudden Setback | Fixed Formula | Gus Frenzies

Last edited by Greedy Gus; September 17th, 2007 at 08:56.
Old September 17th, 2007, 08:39   #2
Sir Bruce
Adept Tyrian

Forum Members

We learned through Neo's interesting monk concoction, that Prot is in fact great than infuse. GG imo. Other than that nothing really to go into detail other than I'd like to see how our build works against a solid Top team, and to see how well we work on our own map. Good night all around once we got the lag issues under control.

"We didnt lose the game, we just ran out of time." ~ Vince Lombardi

Sir Bruce of Oxford | Carrie The Devine | Sir Marvin The Wise | Mistress Lone Raven | Madame Lone Raven
Old September 17th, 2007, 09:22   #3
Empedocles
On High Carb Atkins

SoF Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedy Gus View Post
The Natural Enemy -2 (dead)

Some pug/smurf/reform I guess, saw some ex-vibe/dV there. They were running a hex/dazed build with beguiling haze & fevered dreams. Lucky was still lagging hard this game. We initially pressured their flagger who pushed for a cap, and I think we killed a monk. Then they double dazed our monks and pretty much wiped us. We never really got back on our feet or split well, and just resigned somewhere around 5 mins.
Oh it has a couple of ex-ICE members as well, of which one moved to U.S. from Europe, I think he actually founded the guild.
Old September 17th, 2007, 14:40   #4
Jaws
Incorrigible Raisu

Forum Members

Darn, I always dreamed of fighting SoF:V as either SoF or Tor, but never did I think that it would happen. Now on my one chance, I was too busy watching the Chargers getting the snot kicked out of them to join in.....

Oh, and I think Victrix was using illegal radio frequencies to disrupt Tor's communication. If not, I'm pretty sure Lucky ended up outside Kaitrin's house with a video camara taping the signals..... Either way, I call hax...
Old September 17th, 2007, 17:25   #5
teny10
Incorrigible Raisu

SoF Members

Send a message via AIM to teny10 Send a message via MSN to teny10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws Of Doom View Post
Oh, and I think Victrix was using illegal radio frequencies to disrupt Tor's communication. If not, I'm pretty sure Lucky ended up outside Kaitrin's house with a video camara taping the signals..... Either way, I call hax...
The Commissioner will look into this report of using electronic equipments to gain illegal advantage over the opposing team.

Teny The Stampede Wa/Mo 20 || Sir Teny E/R 20 || Jelly Von Berrysten Me/Ne 20 || Mending Was Teny Mo/Me 20 || Yi Xiaolan Rt 4 ||
Lyna Smarteny Mo/Me 20 || Avolyn Smarteny Ra/Ne 20 || Alma Smarteny Ne 11 || PvP spot

The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Old September 17th, 2007, 18:44   #6
Neo
Uberness Reborn

Victrix Officers

1. Gus, you forgot to add some sort of cool title for the Match Report, like I had for mine. Nub.

2. GG again to our alliancemates in Tor

3. Victrix Match reports are so awesome that they need to be read only while listening to appropriate music. Like, you know how Rob became obsessed with that "Win The Race" song when it was posted in that one Match Report thread? Yeah. Heres one to represent last night (starts slow + dissapointing, becomes awesome).

Facet.5914 || Archon | Scion | Aspect | Aura | Facet of Uberness
Old September 17th, 2007, 21:42   #7
Marillion Bloodbane
Adept Tyrian

Tor Ambassadors

GGs to Victrix, especially the one where we met you guys. Nice to see you boys running again. Keep the reports coming!

The Torrencians [Tor]
IGN: Marillion Bloodbane

Last edited by Marillion Bloodbane; September 18th, 2007 at 18:05.
Old September 18th, 2007, 12:50   #8
Arya Nibelrund
Hai! Where aer Mudkips???

SoF Emeritus

Send a message via MSN to Arya Nibelrund
Quote:
We learned through Neo's interesting monk concoction, that Prot is in fact great than infuse
wtb monk's builds

Arya Nibelrund W/x | Arya Plays Teh Monk Mo/x PvP | Stella Lorelai Mo/x | Aurora Manstein R/x | Summer Eldalie Me/x