Go Back   Servants of Fortuna Forums > Victrix > GvG Reports
Register Roster Forum Members Calendar Arcade Chat Mark Forums Read

Old July 20th, 2007, 09:08   #1
Greedy Gus
Devotee Jade Sea

Victrix Officers

Victrix Match Report July 19th

Match report cause I can't sleep Running the old school balanced build with a few meta & skill update tweaks, and thanks to advent, blck, & phoenix for guesting in.

Kamakazi Tactics [GANK]

These guys were running a semi-split build on corrupted, with loads and loads of defense. 2 bsurge, aegis, ward melee, mor clumsiness, sod/lod/zb . I say semi-split because the split was clumsiness mes, bsurge ele, and zb monk, so they stalled on both sides of the split. We were trying to figure out how to split most efficiently and not doing it well, so we lost a few NPCs, gave up a boost, and took some deaths.

At VoD we weren't able to turn things around, though made a valiant gank attempt holding up the lord & trading kills in their base until ~28.

I Will Take You To Pandaland [eHug]

Rawr smurf, running triple hexer build on burning. We pretty much got stomped, having removed both the purges from the old build. Tried splitting around a bit, but it only delayed the inevitable. Makes you actually appreciate that most teams stopped running this trash, even though it never got nerfed hard. It's balanced alright for tournament play where you know your opponent & map, but it's pretty ridiculous on open ladder.

Take Your Clothes Off And [Run]

Running thumpers + necro heroes on imperial, apparently a tombs build. Had their base completely cleaned and a fair amount of DP on them by ~12 mins, they turtled from 16-20 and exploded at vod running into our NPCs.

Team Savior

Running aoe build on druids, dual derv + splinter + ancestors + smiter. Tae split initially & killed some archers, then we had a flagstand slugfest and we slowly pushed them back & piled on DP. I dchopped their SoD, so rob & I started training people & exploding them. My very next dchop was on the emo's SoR on their retreat, so that's +500 DKP for the double q-q-quarterbreaker

We weren't able to safely push into their base in the chokepoint, so we backed up a few times and pushed more DP on a derv to prepare for vod. Eventually they stopped following our pullbacks, and ended up turtling for 5-6 mins. At VoD we were at a serious build disadvantage, so attempted to drop their lord with our split. They pushed all 8 out with the NPCs, then dropped back enough defense just in time to save the lord. Meanwhile they demolished our NPCs.

We pushed all 8 to force a fight at their lord, and made kills constantly, but were unable to stop their resses long enough to finish it. They pressured us into a wipe, and finished our lord at 26.

Demigod Disciples [dD]

Running meta balanced build on dead isle. We fought at the flagstand and traded a few kills for 10 mins, at which point we started pulling ahead in pressure through shutting down the right skills & pushing hard. Right at the 14 min mark we dropped 2-3 guys and routed them almost completely, pushed in and finished the lord right before the 16-min res. Definitely a guild to watch for though, once they get their backline sorted.

Greedy Gus | Nasty Needle | Pro Politico | Sudden Setback | Fixed Formula | Gus Frenzies
Old July 20th, 2007, 11:38   #2
Robus
no alarms n no surprises

Retired Victrix Members

Send a message via AIM to Robus Send a message via MSN to Robus Send a message via Skype™ to Robus
Team Saviour match was a bit horrid to deal with, since we dominated for a good 20 minutes and lost because NPCs are fucking stupid.

Also realised tonight just how popular Shield of Deflection has become. Being run with GoLE and Divine Spirit to make it some what spammable, not fun for the warriors!.

GANK match was so boring it's not even funny. If it wasn't on corrupted isle we wouldn't have had such a horrible NPC situation come VoD and things may have been different. But wow, boring. Don't want to face these tombs scrubs ever again.

yesitsrob.8054
Old July 20th, 2007, 12:56   #3
Neo
Uberness Reborn

Victrix Officers

Overall a decent night, relatively speaking. There was even noticable playing improvements *gasp*

Facet.5914 || Archon | Scion | Aspect | Aura | Facet of Uberness
Old August 2nd, 2007, 03:58   #4
Phoenix
Reef

Forum Members

Yea they were some fun matches over all... The HA scrub match made me wanna commit suicide very slowly... But some of them were super close exciting matches.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 05:18   #5
Beqxter
No time for fuglies.

SoF Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Beqxter
Great to see you guys running again. I look forward to reading more of your adventures!

Beqxter Rawls || Boom Boom Charlie || Brother Beqxter || Kate Beqxinsale
Beqxter Puzzycat || Cassandra Beqx || Dead Beqxy
Tyrannosaurus Beqx || Beqxa Bimkubwa || Gloria Beqxaltation
Old August 2nd, 2007, 05:35   #6
Robus
no alarms n no surprises

Retired Victrix Members

Send a message via AIM to Robus Send a message via MSN to Robus Send a message via Skype™ to Robus
This was posted ages ago. <3

yesitsrob.8054
Old August 2nd, 2007, 05:44   #7
Beqxter
No time for fuglies.

SoF Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Beqxter

I fail at intertubes.

Beqxter Rawls || Boom Boom Charlie || Brother Beqxter || Kate Beqxinsale
Beqxter Puzzycat || Cassandra Beqx || Dead Beqxy
Tyrannosaurus Beqx || Beqxa Bimkubwa || Gloria Beqxaltation