Go Back   Servants of Fortuna Forums > Victrix > GvG Reports
Register Roster Forum Members Calendar Arcade Chat Mark Forums Read

Old April 20th, 2007, 18:32   #1
Robus
no alarms n no surprises

Retired Victrix Members

Send a message via AIM to Robus Send a message via MSN to Robus Send a message via Skype™ to Robus
Victrix Match Report - 19 April 2007

Sorry - these aren't going to be in quality Tap style.

Intro: We decided to try a different build, it was a bit crazy. It was a spike build, with a hex degen necro, a Melandru's ranger, 2 warriors, and a paragon. It had a powerful spike, that's what it had going for it.

The Shattered Hand [TSH] -3

They were running some hex build on burning isle, we were new to the build, hadn't played it, so when we enter the match we realise there are some pretty cruicial things we are missing. For a warrior spike build we had very weak hex removal, and we had this issue where we had our very vulnerable flagger run the flag in, that said we were doing _oK_ - managing. We did score some kills but broke when Gus was unable to lineback a warrior due to disconnecting for a good while. We were hurting anyway. unable to spike often enough due to hexes and it was a bit of a fail.

We somehow got to VoD where there was no chance we were fighting at the stand, we moved the fight to their base.

Mostly Harmless [MH] -2

We suffered a bit of a beating, though not quite as big of one as in the last match, we added a convert hexes and a purge signet - MH's hexers were pretty much limited to the Water Ele. Being clean, a lot of our spikes went through at the start, but their 3 warrior pressure was pretty harsh, we killed 3 of them and were forced to give up the stand.

The match continued in a pretty dull fashion of us spiking the odd MH guy out without taking too many deaths, but without the ability to at all push them and survive at the same time.

Come VoD our kills had improved our morale slightly - and they played VoD a bit messy so there was a glimmer of hope - Our NPC situation was still strong, they did kill them all but we got most of theirs down too. Did some spikes. But broke. Another gg with the MH guys.

Accident Prone [AP] +2

These guys were also running a spike build, except there's had more Shadow stepping and dervishes. And more blind. And in the opening quarter of the game things looked grim. We were taking more deaths than they were, and they got a boost by spiking our flagger. - BUT, we turned it round, a kill on a dervish that forgot a positive energy weapon swap prevented his melandru's, another kill on him, and the other derv, and someone else forced them to fall back, we secured a boost, and even took out some NPCs - we built up some decent DP on the entire team after that.

They tried a gank at VoD, which we expected, and were very much prepared for, so we killed them again. and then they resigned.

_

For our next match we switched the build around a lot. I dropped Frenzy for Tiger's Stance, We switched the monk runner out for a Blinding Surge elementalist with a Hard Res and I think that's it.

Ice Caves of Sorrow on Hard Mode [?] +4

Going into this match we had no idea what our opponents were running, but we had heard these guys had improved a lot. The match started with a determined shot spike from some trees, which to be honest wasn't very good, we convincingly wiped the spikers and also scored some key kills on their Maelstrom - Mind Freeze Imp runners.

We pushed on past a gate which we had to explode which is where the match nearlly turned, they seemed to do a collapse on us because we were out numbered by 6 Bull's Charge warriors who had a 50% speed buff, we took a few deaths in the retreat but they decided to not push us, this gave us time to res up and try again. Second time round we were prepared and we wiped them easily. We had to fight more shortly after, this time with mesmers - our monks were worried, but they cast guilt on our warriors so it didn't go too badly.

We pushed into the area with the cage where Evannia was, the White Mantle had a significant NPC advantage, having numerous elementalists. We managed to slowly but surely wipe them and freed Evannia, our Guild Lord. We moved to the hill and talked to our dwarf friend then headed back for the other one, at which stage we got the bonus.

The Mursaat NPC advantage was still huge, and we were forced to fight an epic battle vs 6 Mursaat Elementalists, it was kind of like Fighting Bring Back The Rifts [Rift] and Rubies and Sapphires [RnS] again - with a bit of Spectral Agony [sA] thrown in there for good measure (but we were all infused) We of course won the battle. We feared the Stone Summit Trebbing Evennia but they seem to have reduced the damage, so it only did about 40 instead of 640. Nice.

GG White Mantle.

_

We were dicussing our build a lot in Vent, it seemed to have provoked some responses from the community - a favourite being "What the fuck is that Necro about" - one shared with some of the guild. <3 Gus.

yesitsrob.8054

Last edited by Robus; April 20th, 2007 at 18:35.
Old April 20th, 2007, 18:48   #2
Navis
Human Being

SoF Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robus
Intro: We decided to try a different build, it was a bit crazy. It was a spike build, with a hex degen necro, a Melandru's ranger, 2 warriors, and a paragon. It had a powerful spike, that's what it had going for it.
And a Mo/N runner
The Order of Pain was probably very helpful on a spike with 2 W, 1 Ra and 1 P. I also liked the Extinguish. It was almost a mandatory skill in GvG builds before. Why has it almost disappeared now?

GW1: [Mo] Navis Atsukau | [A] Navis Swift | [Rt] Navis Seishin | [W] Sivan Star|[R] Anakha Akbar | [E] Guilwin Gray | [N] Moneva Myganne | [Me] Minala Mekhar | [P] Ilana Sloda | [D] Yaros Sloda
GW2: [W] Navis Swift | [En] Sivan Sokka | [G] Sivan Star | [Me] Navis Ciaran | Navis.1486
Old April 20th, 2007, 18:53   #3
Beqxter
No time for fuglies.

SoF Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Beqxter
Orders seem to have disappeared when they prevented them from stacking, though I'm not sure why.

Excellent match report, Rob - I hope to catch the new build on ObsMode if you continue to play it.

Beqxter Rawls || Boom Boom Charlie || Brother Beqxter || Kate Beqxinsale
Beqxter Puzzycat || Cassandra Beqx || Dead Beqxy
Tyrannosaurus Beqx || Beqxa Bimkubwa || Gloria Beqxaltation
Old April 20th, 2007, 19:00   #4
darkMishkin
Promiscuous Otter

SoF Emeritus

Lol .
Old April 20th, 2007, 19:30   #5
eightyfour-onesevenfive
Certified Geek

SoF Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robus
[b]Ice Caves of Sorrow on Hard Mode [?] +4
Ok, for a moment you got me there.

Europe: Ernbrecht Sturmtruz || Xi Xolotl || Sister Margarethe || Isadora Di Comeri || Snow On The Cedars || Sasha Carelli || Lawnmower Girl || more...
"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar!" - Hoban Washburne
Old April 20th, 2007, 22:34   #6
Navis
Human Being

SoF Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beqxter
Orders seem to have disappeared when they prevented them from stacking, though I'm not sure why.
I was talking about Extinguish disappearing - but maybe you weren't answering my question...

GW1: [Mo] Navis Atsukau | [A] Navis Swift | [Rt] Navis Seishin | [W] Sivan Star|[R] Anakha Akbar | [E] Guilwin Gray | [N] Moneva Myganne | [Me] Minala Mekhar | [P] Ilana Sloda | [D] Yaros Sloda
GW2: [W] Navis Swift | [En] Sivan Sokka | [G] Sivan Star | [Me] Navis Ciaran | Navis.1486