Go Back   Servants of Fortuna Forums > Guild Wars 2 > GW2 Talk
Register Roster Forum Members Calendar Arcade Chat Mark Forums Read

Old August 19th, 2012, 16:08   #1
Velvet
Den Mother

SoF Councillors

Exclamation AT LAST!! SoF GW2 Server Choice!

Hello folks!!

THANK YOU ALL for being so patient as the SoF CAO took our time to make a decision for our guild's home server selection for GW2. I’m sure you all know that it was not an easy decision to make, and that there was lot for us to consider and discuss before getting to this point.

The Servants of Fortuna will be making our home on the US server of Yak’s Bend.

What factors were key in making this decision? The majority of our members will be focused on PvE and WvW play in GW2, so having a good environment for these types of play was of top importance to us. While one must always question the reliability of the data on gw2guilds.org, we saw that this server had a good mix of PvE/PvX/WvW guilds, and that they were mostly casual to semi-hardcore, like SoF. There are also several international guilds on Yak's Bend, so there will be players online during non-US peak times. In addition, we have confirmation from at least two other Alliances that they will also be joining us on Yak’s Bend, and these alliances are committed to a high level of participation in both PvE and WvW, and have mature, friendly members that match well with the culture that we have here in SoF.

What about server overpopulation? This is still a concern, but we felt it was best to try a middle-ground approach here. Yak’s Bend is not a low-population server (according to gw2guilds.org), but it is not the highest-pop server, either. We know that some very large Alliances are purposely NOT declaring their server choice until the very last minute, so that they can choose the lowest pop servers at release, so that makes the data concerning population size very murky. Honestly, we can only hope for the best here, and we are asking every one of our members to be flexible in case the server does become overcrowded – we may have to make a decision to switch servers, if Yak's Bend fills up too fast.

What about the Alliance? We realize that this might not be the best server choice for all of our Alliance guilds, so we sadly concede that this will most likely split us up somewhat, among various NA/EU servers. In order to keep in touch and to provide some continuity from GW1, we will be creating another guild – The Servants of Fortuna Alliance [SoFA]. This will act as a new, informal Alliance which members of all alliance guilds will be encouraged to join, if they so wish, regardless of what server they are located on. This will allow members to see who is online via the [SoFA] guild roster, and you can use that roster to whisper or mail other members, even if they are on another server. If you represent the [SoFA] guild, you can also talk via guild chat to whoever else is representing that guild at the time, again, regardless of server or world.

We will be making additional announcements in the coming days about the particulars of [SoFA] and about plans for recruitment into [SoF], so please stay tuned for more information. If you have any more questions regarding the server choice for [SoF] then feel free to post them here, or PM any SoF CAO member about them.

See you in-game!!
SoF CAO

GW1: Velvet Darkshadow (N)~Lily Goldenrod (Rit)~Neysa Pearldrop (Mo)~Syrenia Longbow (R)~Calypso Dragonheart (W)~
Melodie Dewshine (E)~Darien Archangel (P)~Paige Diamond (D)~Velvet of Fortuna (PvP)
GW2: Velvet.8610
Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2012, 16:48   #2
anomander
Adept Tyrian

SoF Members

Excellent, sounds like a good decision.
And now all the waiting guilds can see that that we are on Yak's Bend and choose another server.
Scouts of Tyria are proud to make Yak's Bend their new home too to start doing something about those annoying Elder Dragons.
anomander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2012, 16:54   #3
Vai
I hace your gammets!

SoF Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
In addition, we have confirmation from at least two other Alliances that they will also be joining us on Yak’s Bend, and these alliances are committed to a high level of participation in both PvE and WvW, and have mature, friendly members that match well with the culture that we have here in SoF.

---snippity-snip---

In order to keep in touch and to provide some continuity from GW1, we will be creating another guild – The Servants of Fortuna Alliance [SoFA]. This will act as a new, informal Alliance which members of all alliance guilds will be encouraged to join, if they so wish, regardless of what server they are located on. This will allow members to see who is online via the [SoFA] guild roster, and you can use that roster to whisper or mail other members, even if they are on another server. If you represent the [SoFA] guild, you can also talk via guild chat to whoever else is representing that guild at the time, again, regardless of server or world.
Can you clarify just a bit on the "alliance" part. I took this to mean the GW2 server alliances that are forming, or alliances between guilds going to the same server. But I suppose you could also be referring to old GW1 alliances. Maybe it's the same thing, but I was curious what that meant.

Also, can I just say that the I love the guild tag [SoFA]? It makes me smile.

GW1: Vai Demine | GW2 Account: vaidemine.7285
Vai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2012, 17:13   #4
Gruff
Devotee Jade Sea

SoT Members

Trying to tempt us with Yak's I knew it, beats cookies!

Muppet Warfare [MvM]
Gruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2012, 17:15   #5
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

Vai, SoFA is for our current GW1 alliance to maintain ties and communication. We'll have more information shortly in it's own thread.

GW2: Bunter.3795
If life gives you melons, you're probably dyslexic.
"More Stuff, Stuff. More Stuff, Stuffy, Stuff!" - the wise skritt.
Bunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2012, 17:23   #6
Eve
Reef

Gwar Ambassadors

Send a message via Skype™ to Eve
Good to hear you have made your decision for which server to join

If I may ask though, which other alliances have so far been confirmed to join Yak's Bend?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
There are also several international guilds on Yak's Bend, so there will be players online during non-US peak times. In addition, we have confirmation from at least two other Alliances that they will also be joining us on Yak’s Bend
Old August 19th, 2012, 17:36   #7
bsoltan
/flex

SoF Councillors

We cannot disclose the names of the two Alliances because they may or may not have made this information public yet. We chose them because their guilds are like SoF - casual to semi-hardcore, interested in PvE/WvW/sPvP, and containing members who are mature, friendly, and have a history of contributing to the community.
bsoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2012, 17:56   #8
Eve
Reef

Gwar Ambassadors

Send a message via Skype™ to Eve
ok, thank you very much for the quick answer anyway
Old August 19th, 2012, 21:03   #9
Gruff
Devotee Jade Sea

SoT Members

I spotted Liars Cheats & Thieves [liar] on that guild org list they are a nice bunch their leader Lucky Slevin was a pretty nifty ranger, Gladiator Kahmal the leader of Captain Tickles Party Palooza [Arrr] is a friend of Jungs who played in Muppets a number of times.

Muppet Warfare [MvM]
Gruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2012, 21:53   #10
Vai
I hace your gammets!

SoF Emeritus

I've also seen the guilds that are behind Alttabme and the Lincolncast. Not sure if that is just pure coincidence or was by design. In any case, there appear to be some high-ish profile groups on YB.

GW1: Vai Demine | GW2 Account: vaidemine.7285
Vai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2012, 23:51   #11
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

Just to confirm, DOG will be joining SoF on Yak's Bend. DOG wants to continue the tradition of close ties with SoF.

GW2: Bunter.3795
If life gives you melons, you're probably dyslexic.
"More Stuff, Stuff. More Stuff, Stuffy, Stuff!" - the wise skritt.
Bunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2012, 00:47   #12
Grey Mouser
Keeper of the [DOG] Pound

SoF Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunter View Post
Just to confirm, DOG will be joining SoF on Yak's Bend. DOG wants to continue the tradition of close ties with SoF.
Absolutely!
Old August 23rd, 2012, 02:23   #13
Marcus Ferret
Incorrigible Raisu

SoF Members

To Yak's Bend it is then...

Marcus Ferret [R] l Jade Felicity Rose [W] l Divine Azure Rose [M] l Xavier Light [Rit] l Crystal Autumn Rose [W] PvP l Spicy Asia [D] PvP l

'War tends to separate the weak from the strong... Peace separates us from reality... In life, we shall encounter our personal battles... In death, we discover peace...' ~ J. Marcus (1972-20??)
Marcus Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2012, 18:19   #14
Queto
Seeker Shing Jea

SoF Members

Although I'm not a SoF member (yet?), I'm picking YB too. All my friends are playing on Far Shiverpeaks because there's quite a big Dutch community there, but I'd rather go international, meeting people outside Belgium-The Netherlands-Europe is more interesting to me
Queto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2012, 01:18   #15
Tadjinar
Fierce Echovald

DOG Members

I will probably be rolling on Jade Quarry with IRL friends. But I'm still looking forward to grouping up with all you guys when I can!