Go Back   Servants of Fortuna Forums > Public > SoF Applications
Register Roster Forum Members Calendar Arcade Chat Mark Forums Read

Old March 3rd, 2013, 04:57   #1
MightyDan
Reef

SoF Members

MightyDan's Application

Hello~!

1. Why do you want to join SoF over other guilds?
-I would want to join a guild where I can participate variety of PvE contents Guild Wars 2 offers.

2. What is your age (or age range) and in which timezone do you live? Are you willing to tell us more?
-I am 33 years old banker and live in PST. Due to my job, I can only play Guild Wars 2 night time after work. However, I am an active player during the weekends.

3. What (online) gaming experience do you have?
-My online gaming experience started with Diablo II. Since then, I played multiple online games and enjoyed. Such online game experiences are Diablo II and III, Final Fantasy XI Online and XIV Online, Guild Wars 1, Guild Wars 2, and other console games.

4. How is your time distributed among different PvE and PvP activities?
-I am more of PvE person than PvP, but I occationally play in WvW.

5. What is your preferred profession/role? What do you like about it? What is your style of play?
-I preferred Guardian and Necromancer. Guardian can provide support to the party members as well as deal some damages in the front. On the other hand, Necromancer can deal massive conditions to foes for support. My style of play is support the group and survive.

6. What are your in-game names? What are their levels/where are they at?
Kazmi (Guardian) - Level 80
Kaxmi (Ranger) - Level 80
Terua (Necromancer) - Level 80
Teruz (Mesmer) - Level 15

7. Have you contributed to the GW community through GuildWiki or some GW forum?
-I have not done it.

8. Where did you find out about SoF? Were you recommended by an existing member? Do you already know one or more members of our guild or alliance?
-When I used to play Guild Wars 1, I played countless hours with a player name "Original Loki." He was an active member in SoF, and gave me positive comments about this guild. As I was playing Guild Wars 2, I randomly encountered a player with "SoF" tag, and discovered about this guild in this current game. At that time, I remember his comments and decided to apply.

Thank you for your time.
MightyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 13:08   #2
Crash Test
Grand Master

SoF Councillors

Welcome, MightyDan.

We're always excited when someone new comes to our forums, our home away from home. We'd love to get to know you a little better and invite you to browse and post wherever fits your fancy.

We are in an Open Limited recruitment status at the moment. While that means our doors aren't entirely closed, we haven't been actively recruiting either. We will get back to you on whether or not that changes based on your application submission. Enjoy.

Crash
Old March 4th, 2013, 14:00   #3
Angel
Trainee Ascalon

SoF Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyDan View Post
Kaxmi (Ranger) - Level 80
More rangers please...

May I ask where is (PST) ?

Good Luck too....
Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 17:29   #4
Ziggen
Reef

SoF Members

Good luck with you're application.
Old March 4th, 2013, 22:55   #5
Ayano Mitsu
Fierce Echovald

SoF Members

Heya MightyDan! Best of luck on your app

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
It's pacific time Angel

Ayano Mitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 22:58   #6
Linoire Seven
Cookie Monster

SoF Members

Send a message via MSN to Linoire Seven
Welcome to the forum MightyDan! Have fun and enjoy

Linoire Seven [E/?] , Phoenix Llamendor [R/?] , Nirvana Green [N/?] , Luna Mayflower [Mo/?] , Grumpy Cookie Monst PvP

Welcome to the chicken club!

Linoire Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 05:26   #7
MightyDan
Reef

SoF Members

Thank you guys for welcoming me to this forum.
Old March 5th, 2013, 05:28   #8
MightyDan
Reef

SoF Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
More rangers please...

Good Luck too....
Oh I live in Los Angeles, CA
Old March 5th, 2013, 13:03   #9
anomander
Adept Tyrian

SoF Members

Welcome to the forums Dan. You may not know this yet but we have a guild member with an exceptional amount of "luck" as far as loot acquisition is concerned. Some people may even secretly think he gets his hands into other people's banks. Your experience as a banker might be interesting in that light.
*any apparent similarities to a certain person in or outside SoF are unintentional and completely fictatious*
anomander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2013, 05:20   #10
MightyDan
Reef

SoF Members

As far as luck is concern, I am one of those people who want something in particular, never or extremely hard to acquire. I would want to share you with my recent experience. I am in the process of crafting Twilight. As we know, those 77 clovers. All 4 ingredients in Mystic Forge and mixed them 10 times. Before I mixed those ingredients, I actually prayed... please at least 50 clovers... please. I got 10 clovers. Now, I ran out of ectos.
Old March 6th, 2013, 15:09   #11
Angel
Trainee Ascalon

SoF Members

As for luck in this game we all tent to LOOK at Wes..... one of these days we all need to gang up on him and take his lucky charms..... and please Wes tell me u don't eat them too...LOL

Sorry to hear how much you;ve lost in the mystic toilet... I've have the same luck to the point I've given up on that thing...;/
Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2013, 15:23   #12
Velvet
Den Mother

SoF Councillors

Yeah, I agree. My luck in the Mystic Forge has been pitiful, so I don't spend too much time on it.

My son, on the other hand, seems to have similar luck to Wes, and got a precursor on his first try when he stuck 4 exotics in the Mystic Forge.

RNG sux. That's all I have to say about that.

On a lighter note, welcome to the forums, MightyDan. As Crash said, we are not in OPEN recrutiment at this time, but we are currently evaluating the guild's needs and this may change. If you are still interested in joining SoF, please continue to browse and post around the forums here so that we can get to know you better, and feel free to give any one of us a shout in-game to say hi. (We don't bite...usually...)

Thanks!
Vel

GW1: Velvet Darkshadow (N)~Lily Goldenrod (Rit)~Neysa Pearldrop (Mo)~Syrenia Longbow (R)~Calypso Dragonheart (W)~
Melodie Dewshine (E)~Darien Archangel (P)~Paige Diamond (D)~Velvet of Fortuna (PvP)
GW2: Velvet.8610
Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2013, 04:39   #13
MightyDan
Reef

SoF Members

Thank you for welcoming me once again.
I am an easy person, so no worries if the guild isn't open invitation as of yet. However, I will PM you guys for dungeon runs!
Old March 11th, 2013, 16:33   #14
Velvet
Den Mother

SoF Councillors

Hi again, MightyDan,

Thanks for joining in on the Guild Bounty mission on Saturday - we were happy to have you help out with that to make sure we were able to accomplish our goal, and we hope that you had fiun and that you got your personal reward for participating, too!

We'd like to "officially" progress you to Stage 2 - our trialling stage. As you are still a "guest" member of SoF at this time, you are all set to join in on the fun in-game by participating in Guild Chat, and by joining up with SoF groups for dungeons, WvW, or any other random PvE activity. Please don't be shy, we're just looking to play with you and get to know you better.

I know that you mentioned not having a working headset at the moment, but we, as a guild, do tend to rely heavily on voice comm to organize our activities, and to coordinate teams for the best chance of success at whatever we do (and for general fun and amusement ). So, we encourage you to get connected and download Ventrillo, if you can. Once you do, we can PM you our vent information so that you can interact with us that way, as well.

If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to PM any one of our Councillors - we are all here to help. Congratulations on your progression to Stage 2, and I hope to play with you in-game again soon!

On Behalf of the Council,
Velvet

GW1: Velvet Darkshadow (N)~Lily Goldenrod (Rit)~Neysa Pearldrop (Mo)~Syrenia Longbow (R)~Calypso Dragonheart (W)~
Melodie Dewshine (E)~Darien Archangel (P)~Paige Diamond (D)~Velvet of Fortuna (PvP)
GW2: Velvet.8610
Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2013, 01:26   #15
Bunter
Alliance Pack Rat

SoF Councillors

Welcome to Stage II.

GW2: Bunter.3795
If life gives you melons, you're probably dyslexic.
"More Stuff, Stuff. More Stuff, Stuffy, Stuff!" - the wise skritt.
Bunter is offline   Reply With Quote