Servants of Fortuna Forums

Servants of Fortuna Forums (http://forum.sof-guild.com/index.php)
-   SoF Applications (http://forum.sof-guild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   MightyDan's Application (http://forum.sof-guild.com/showthread.php?t=13311)

MightyDan March 3rd, 2013 04:57

MightyDan's Application

Hello~!

1. Why do you want to join SoF over other guilds?
-I would want to join a guild where I can participate variety of PvE contents Guild Wars 2 offers.

2. What is your age (or age range) and in which timezone do you live? Are you willing to tell us more?
-I am 33 years old banker and live in PST. Due to my job, I can only play Guild Wars 2 night time after work. However, I am an active player during the weekends. :)

3. What (online) gaming experience do you have?
-My online gaming experience started with Diablo II. Since then, I played multiple online games and enjoyed. Such online game experiences are Diablo II and III, Final Fantasy XI Online and XIV Online, Guild Wars 1, Guild Wars 2, and other console games.

4. How is your time distributed among different PvE and PvP activities?
-I am more of PvE person than PvP, but I occationally play in WvW.

5. What is your preferred profession/role? What do you like about it? What is your style of play?
-I preferred Guardian and Necromancer. Guardian can provide support to the party members as well as deal some damages in the front. On the other hand, Necromancer can deal massive conditions to foes for support. My style of play is support the group and survive.

6. What are your in-game names? What are their levels/where are they at?
Kazmi (Guardian) - Level 80
Kaxmi (Ranger) - Level 80
Terua (Necromancer) - Level 80
Teruz (Mesmer) - Level 15

7. Have you contributed to the GW community through GuildWiki or some GW forum?
-I have not done it.

8. Where did you find out about SoF? Were you recommended by an existing member? Do you already know one or more members of our guild or alliance?
-When I used to play Guild Wars 1, I played countless hours with a player name "Original Loki." He was an active member in SoF, and gave me positive comments about this guild. As I was playing Guild Wars 2, I randomly encountered a player with "SoF" tag, and discovered about this guild in this current game. At that time, I remember his comments and decided to apply.

Thank you for your time.

Crash Test March 4th, 2013 13:08

Welcome, MightyDan.

We're always excited when someone new comes to our forums, our home away from home. We'd love to get to know you a little better and invite you to browse and post wherever fits your fancy.

We are in an Open Limited recruitment status at the moment. While that means our doors aren't entirely closed, we haven't been actively recruiting either. We will get back to you on whether or not that changes based on your application submission. Enjoy.

Crash

Angel March 4th, 2013 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyDan (Post 230265)
Kaxmi (Ranger) - Level 80

More rangers please...:lalala:

May I ask where is (PST) ?

Good Luck too....:angel:

Ziggen March 4th, 2013 17:29

Good luck with you're application.

Ayano Mitsu March 4th, 2013 22:55

Heya MightyDan! :wave: Best of luck on your app :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel (Post 230276)

It's pacific time Angel ^_^

Linoire Seven March 4th, 2013 22:58

Welcome to the forum MightyDan! Have fun and enjoy ^_^

MightyDan March 5th, 2013 05:26

Thank you guys for welcoming me to this forum. :)

MightyDan March 5th, 2013 05:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel (Post 230276)
More rangers please...:lalala:

Good Luck too....:angel:

Oh I live in Los Angeles, CA

anomander March 5th, 2013 13:03

Welcome to the forums Dan. You may not know this yet but we have a guild member with an exceptional amount of "luck" as far as loot acquisition is concerned. Some people may even secretly think he gets his hands into other people's banks. Your experience as a banker might be interesting in that light.
*any apparent similarities to a certain person in or outside SoF are unintentional and completely fictatious*

MightyDan March 6th, 2013 05:20

As far as luck is concern, I am one of those people who want something in particular, never or extremely hard to acquire. I would want to share you with my recent experience. I am in the process of crafting Twilight. As we know, those 77 clovers. All 4 ingredients in Mystic Forge and mixed them 10 times. Before I mixed those ingredients, I actually prayed... please at least 50 clovers... please. I got 10 clovers. Now, I ran out of ectos. :(

Angel March 6th, 2013 15:09

As for luck in this game we all tent to LOOK at Wes..... one of these days we all need to gang up on him and take his lucky charms.....;) and please Wes tell me u don't eat them too...LOL

Sorry to hear how much you;ve lost in the mystic toilet... I've have the same luck to the point I've given up on that thing...;/

Velvet March 7th, 2013 15:23

Yeah, I agree. My luck in the Mystic Forge has been pitiful, so I don't spend too much time on it.

My son, on the other hand, seems to have similar luck to Wes, and got a precursor on his first try when he stuck 4 exotics in the Mystic Forge. :wacko:

RNG sux. That's all I have to say about that.

On a lighter note, welcome to the forums, MightyDan. :) As Crash said, we are not in OPEN recrutiment at this time, but we are currently evaluating the guild's needs and this may change. If you are still interested in joining SoF, please continue to browse and post around the forums here so that we can get to know you better, and feel free to give any one of us a shout in-game to say hi. (We don't bite...usually...:shifty:)

Thanks!
Vel

MightyDan March 8th, 2013 04:39

Thank you for welcoming me once again. :)
I am an easy person, so no worries if the guild isn't open invitation as of yet. However, I will PM you guys for dungeon runs!^_^

Velvet March 11th, 2013 16:33

Hi again, MightyDan,

Thanks for joining in on the Guild Bounty mission on Saturday - we were happy to have you help out with that to make sure we were able to accomplish our goal, and we hope that you had fiun and that you got your personal reward for participating, too! :)

We'd like to "officially" progress you to Stage 2 - our trialling stage. As you are still a "guest" member of SoF at this time, you are all set to join in on the fun in-game by participating in Guild Chat, and by joining up with SoF groups for dungeons, WvW, or any other random PvE activity. Please don't be shy, we're just looking to play with you and get to know you better.

I know that you mentioned not having a working headset at the moment, but we, as a guild, do tend to rely heavily on voice comm to organize our activities, and to coordinate teams for the best chance of success at whatever we do (and for general fun and amusement :lol:). So, we encourage you to get connected and download Ventrillo, if you can. Once you do, we can PM you our vent information so that you can interact with us that way, as well.

If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to PM any one of our Councillors - we are all here to help. Congratulations on your progression to Stage 2, and I hope to play with you in-game again soon!

On Behalf of the Council,
Velvet

Bunter March 12th, 2013 01:26

Welcome to Stage II.